Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

LOST Season Six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by The Good Doctor, Oct 19, 2009.

1. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I may not be able to afford it now, but before I die...I swear to God I WILL own the Jesus Stick.

2. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

<a class="postlink" href="http://jezebel.com/5606489/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://jezebel.com/5606489/</a>

The website Jezebel.com had the 12-minute epilogue on their website earlier today. It seems like they got busted for it though because now only a preview is in its place. I did happen to see it before it got taken down so I'll do a half-assed write up of it for people who want to know what happens.

Summary of what they show....
    The epilogue opens in present day with two men in Dharma jumpsuits loading up crates with peas, food, etc. The warehouse they are in is located in Guam. Ben comes in to let them know that they are being relieved of their jobs. The men are confused by this, mainly because they have been working at this warehouse for over 20 years. Ben goes on to tell them that the Dharma Initiative hasn't existed for 20 years. They argue, saying that they have been receiving drop coordinates the entire time. Ben explains that the coordinates they have been receiving are automated and have been coming from an unmanned station in Los Angeles. Before he leaves, he lets both guys ask one question. The first guy asks where they have been sending the drops. Ben says "An island". The guy wonders how they are sending to one island when they keep getting different coordinates. Ben responds with "The island moves". The other guy asks why they are sending polar bear biscuits to an island that doesn't have a cold climate. Ben pulls out a collection of Dharma DVDs that have been converted from betamax. The video is of Pierre Chang explaining the animal testing that they are doing, which includes a bird in a cage that is covered by a cloth. However, you distinctly hear the bird do the "Hurley" screach. Basically, he says that they are doing research on the animals. He also mentions that if any bears get pregnant, to keep them away from the Orchid because its properties cause massive problems for females who are in the first stage of their pregnancy. Pierre then explains the human experiments they are performing in Room 23 (the room Sawyer and Kate rescued Carl from). Apparently, the DI would kidnap hostiles and put them in this room for testing purpses. Chang claims that the effects of the test cause the testee (hee hee) to not remember the experience, thus keeping the treaty between the DI and the hostiles intact. As far as that part of the epilogue, thats essentially what I remember.

The second part of the epilogue is Ben going to the Santa Clara Mental Health facility that Hugo used to be in. He asks to meet with "Keith Johnson" and is eventually brought to a person playing Connect Four. This person is none other than Walt. They have a discussion about him being special, and going back to the island and what not. One notable part from this is that he knows his dad is dead. Anyways, Ben breaks him out and takes him out to a Dharma van so they can leave and go back to the island. Once inside, Hugo appears in the backseat and tells Walt that he was always meant to be on the island. It ends with Hugo saying "Let's go home". LOST.

Sorry if I'm not totally detailed on this. I only got to see it once before it was taken down. If anyone wants to ask a question, I'll gladly try and answer.

3. Marjorine

Marjorine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It's still on Megavideo. Quality's shit, but it's what we've been waiting for.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.megavideo.com/?v=NK6VVI14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.megavideo.com/?v=NK6VVI14</a>

Now everyone watch it so we can discuss ad nauseum!

4. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck that noise, I never went for spoilers before and I'm not going to start now. I will watch when my Blu-Ray arrives from Amazon.

5. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Watching from the beginning, midway through season two.

Rewatching this show reminds me of how much I really hate Kate. And her buck teeth annoy the fuck out of me.

6. BeerMonster

BeerMonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I really liked The New Man In Charge. I don't know if I have to spoiler tag this shit or not, so I'll do it just to be on the safe side:

It did a great job of being goofy as hell while answering a few questions. Not many, but a few. The polar bear stuff, why pregnancies got effed up, how they did research on the hostiles to try and figure out the Jacob worship, etc. I really REALLY wish they'd make a show out of it, but obviously that's not gonna happen. Even after all this time though, I can't stand Walt. It's not him per se, it's that every time I see him I hear Michael screaming WAAAAAAAALT!!!!! in my head and it drives me fucking crazy!

7. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm talking about The New Man In Charge (DVD Epilogue) openly since it has been out for awhile. Yar, there be spoilers ahead.

At any rate, did Hurley and Ben just punk Steroid Walt into taking over Hurley's job on the Island?

What the fuck. Thanks for the answers to the other token questions though.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure did. While we don't know how exactly he's special, maybe now we know why he is.

I like that he ended up in Santa Rosa.

Also, Ben seems like a kickass #2 now that he's not all evil and shit.

Loving the complete series Box Set. It's like a flattened pyramid, and it's also a backgammon board. So cool.

9. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You sure that's a backgammon board, looked to me like MIB's no rules game he and Jacob played in Across The Sea...

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what I meant.

11. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Senet. And the reulres to it really are completely unknown. So who knows what the fuck to do with it.

Also, what is the deal with the blacklight? All I found was that if you shine it on the topographical map of the island you see the donkey wheel.

Anyone else know of other Easter eggs and shit?

12. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not saying it is for sure but who the fucks knows, but my little scroll inside of the Ankh has what appear to be directions. I've only managed to find one Easter Egg on the Features of disc 6.

The "Scripting a Finale" was a really good look behind the scenes, seeing Jorge Garcia welling up and tearing after reading the finale script was particularly moving..

13. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you take out the DVD/Blu-Ray box and shine it down on the empty box beneath you'll get a Season 2 nod that we all spent a long time dissecting after it originally happened.

14. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This show will never die, and for that I am grateful.

Man in Blacks real name revealed:

Funny video it makes me miss the show.

#1034 Durej, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This popped up on my FB news feed. Apparently today is the 7th anniversary of the airing of the pilot.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/UybkKoN0FqY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/UybkKoN0FqY</a>

is a great fan made movie.

16. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh LOST, still you remain a pop culture fixture.

Ever the Joker watches....

#1036 Dmix3, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There's a slight resemblance between the mom and Penny as well....wonder if it was intentional.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some of the writers from Lost are the EPs on "Once Upon a Time". I've caught at least two Lost props so far. The kid packed Apollo bars in his bag, and Cameron from House poured a tumbler of MacCutcheon 50 for her roommate/mom/Snow White.

19. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've had an idea for a while. That was to start a blog that shows medical blunders from TV and movies.

I just wrote my first post, and its about LOST.

<a class="postlink" href="http://killertvmd.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://killertvmd.wordpress.com/</a>

Let me know what you think. Good or bad. Thanks.

20. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This show was next on my Netflix list. I can't believe I put off watching it for so long. 12 episodes in so far. I always thought John Locke was supposed to be like the antagonist or something before I saw it but he's my favorite character. I really don't like Jack, though. He just does too much too good, even for the hero. I don't know how else to say it, but if he were a playable character in a videogame, he'd be fucking overpowered.