Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

LOST Season Six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by The Good Doctor, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, that is three times I have watched the finale, and I think I get more emotional each time I watch it.

I will say it right now, there is only one saga that I think is better than Lost, and that one has some father/son issues as well.

2. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I too just adore Sanford and Son.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Being a Georgia Tech grad it is very interesting to see the response on some of the GT boards in response to Lost. The Engineering Section is definitely pissed about not getting their midichlorians.

3. bkess

bkess
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

First and foremost, I absolutely loved the finale. As it has been mentioned previously, LOST was a true character study and seeing mostly all of the main characters find salvation in the end was a great thing to watch. Despite the negative opinions of those who feel that too many things were left unexplained, I couldn't have been happier with how the journey ended. I personally do not care that we don't know smokey's name, who built the statue, etc. Throughout the season, I constantly would read everyone's thoughts in hopes of trying to figure out how the flash sideways timeline would mesh with the island story line. Never in a million years would I have guessed the answer to that question in how they actually did do it (maybe I'm just slow).

Regardless of even those that didn't like the finale, I think that everyone can agree on at least one thing. Never has a show in the history of television kept fans guessing from week to week the way that LOST did. I have never watched anything that has kept me on the edge of my seat and forced me to browse different message boards in hopes of trying to find answers and ultimately hold me over until the next episode would air. As many of you have stated, LOST will be missed greatly and I can't imagine not watching it every week when next winter rolls around. I guess I will have to re watch the series when it comes out on DVD. To everyone that has answered my questions and contributed to this amazing forum, I thank you. Hopefully, we will be blessed with a new show in the future that can keep our attention as much as LOST has been able to do. I know, I know, wishful thinking...

4. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I miss Lost. Boo.

5. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wednesdays just aren't the same anymore. What do we do now?

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I was beginning to wonder if you guys really realized that it is indeed, alllllll over.

When you're done crying let me know so I can lock the thread. I'm afraid to do it for fear one of you will hunt me down and eat me Dahmer style.

8. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ok, well I never really posted in here like I planned to at the beginning of the season, but I still enjoyed reading everyone else's comments throughout Season 6.

As for the finale, I loved it. It definitely didn't answer plenty of questions, but it was such an intense and emotional last show, that I really didn't even think about that. After it ended, I couldn't even think of what else really needed answered until I checked the internet and saw some people bitching about what they think should of been answered.

As for the flash sideways, I get it, but I'm still not a huge fan of it being such a big part of the final season. Whatever though, it was still pretty cool, and I'm kinda looking forward to watching the other episodes again now, knowing that they're all dead in the flash sideways.

All in all, a great show, definitely one of my favorites. I'm really glad I found this thread, and last season's thread on the RMMB. The Season 5 thread definitely helped me understand the time travel crap that was making my head hurt so much.

I don't watch many TV shows, so I guess it's time to try to find another one that I can enjoy as much as I enjoyed Lost. (I tried watching V, and good god that was an awful mess of a show)

9. megan

megan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Holy shit. Check out Ack's Lost party pictures: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=177660&id=79731647569" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 9731647569</a>. So much time and effort was put into that party its ridiculous. And the Jears!

I've been reading the TMMB since 2002 and I can't believe I never noticed that there was a Lost thread until this season. Reading this thread has made Lost so much more enjoyable. Seriously, thanks - I loved reading everyone's thoughts.

10. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait til 8/24. That's when the complete series comes out on Blu-Ray, we can start a new threat for that one I think.

11. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Should also be enough time to mourn, I think (hope*).

12. bkess

bkess
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I can only imagine all of the new discussion that will occur when the DVD commentary is released. Mainly because the sixth season is the last, we can only hope that the producers include a decent amount of bonus material with the series collection. Yup, I am sure this thread will pick back up for a short period of time throughout the week of 8/24...

13. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can this be a spoiler now? I guess so, everyone probably knows it anyway, but if you want to be surprised by what's on the Blu-Ray, don't read:

According the Michael Emerson, they shot about 14 minutes of footage that shows life on the Island with Hurley as #1 and Ben as #2, footage we'll be getting on the Blu-Ray. Probably more Easter Egg than Enlightenment, it's still very cool.

14. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

To go along with this
    Malcolm David Kelley (Walt) supposedly shot some scenes for this as well. And I've heard whispers about the Hurley bird making an appearance. Too fucking cool.

But yeah, I think it would be good to start a new thread entirely for LOST as a whole at that point.

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The final Totally Lost is up, with a good Michael Emerson interview, and a nice piece at the end with Titus Welliver.

16. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5 Emmy nominations this year.

Best Drama
    Best Actor - Matthew Fox
    Best Supporting - Terry O'Quinn & Michael Emerson
    Best Guest - Elizabeth Mitchell

18. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I miss this show so much. Nothing else even comes close.

19. TheDward

TheDward
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

20. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded