Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

LOST Season Six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by The Good Doctor, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Denver

Denver
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was reasonably satisfied with that, having now had time to chew on it. One thing I don't understand though, is why Island Desmond was able to see what Purgatory Desmond saw. Did he die for a bit during Widmore's test, and then come back? Honestly I'm not that much of a nitpicker, so I'd be pretty satisfied with "because he's Desmond," but it seemed odd to me.

2. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nope I got that also and was curious myself why they pointed it out like that. I just watched some of the first couple minutes on the pilot and it was there, a nice looking white shoe hanging in a tree. I'm guessing they did that to show Jack went back to where he first woke up to die. Sad.

I keep reading online how much everyone hated this season finale and I don't get it. I admit I was confused but I picked up they were dead right off when Kate was talking to Jack at the church. Seriously the finale could have been like Seinfeld where they just all go to jail. Sorry I'm kind of ranting on here but even the writer for the LA times was just blasting this show and it pisses me off.

Had to edit to answer this. Yes when Widmore put him in that machine it pretty much killed him and he was able to go into the sideways world and when he woke up on the island again he remembered it all.

3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just had a few thoughts that may have been expressed on here before but they kind of just came to me. The Island was real life but in a special place. The plug is holding back hell (when removed red light starts to come up from below) and the whispers on the Island are people in hell. When the plug is removed the island is destroyed unleashing everyone in hell on the world.
    At the end Ben tells Hurley that he doesn't have to do things Jacobs way. The "game" that MIB and Jacob were playing was for their specific circumstances and doesn't necessarily need to be played by everyone that takes Jacob's role of protecting the light.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Christian (Jack's dad) wore those shoes while in his coffin aboard flight 815. When Jack sees his father's "ghost" he's often wearing them, including the church scene at the end.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anybody else feel like we're moving into a new phase of our lives? Tomorrow, I don't have Lost to look forward to. I'm gonna clean the shit out of my apartment, deal with the mail that's been piling up, etc.

As Erika said on Long Live Locke:

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAGE. RAGE against the dying of the LOST.

Fuck. I'm still drunk, but I'm just now letting it hit me that it's over.

Sadness/happiness has now given way entirely to sadness. Fuckballs, I believe is the word.

[​IMG]

7. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I don't think Ben was in the church because he spent his life lying, cheating, and killing people. Which begs the question, why was Sayid able to come to the church. I don't know.

I've continued to think about the show all night, and I'm satisfied. As much as I'd love to know what Ben and Hurley did for the rest of their lives on the island, and what Richard Alpert decided to do living off the island for the first time in a million years, I realize that its probably better left unsaid. After all that these people had gone through, their lives from henceforth are probably going to be pretty damn boring, and rightfully so.

That being said, I know that the Disney execs would be chomping at the bit to shoot something that told those stories, but I hope they don't. Its been great coming on here and discussing this show with you guys. I don't think I'm going to be coming to the board much more now.

namaste

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A lot of people on a lot of boards have been comparing the finale to the movie "Passengers", which I had never seen before tonight.

It's on Netflix instant, and it's worth a watch. Even going in assuming all the passengers were dead, I did not see the ending coming.

Also, Anne Hathaway is hot.

9. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude... seriously? They explained this fully. I'm afraid you've fallen into one of the two false stances the detractors have taken

1) The Island itself was purgatory. This is fucking stupid. The only way they could have made it clearer is with flashing neon signs. I'm really amazed at some people's inability to grasp this fact. You didn't fall into this though.

2) The need to know the reasons for everything. But we KNEW we weren't getting the reasons. Since before this season started Darlton have been saying that A) Why the fuck would they want to be like the Star Wars Prequals and ty to explain midichlorians. Everyone hated that shit. And B) It would be INCREDIBLY didactic to have this all explained, it would ruin the fucking narrative.

Watch Across the Sea, and the scene from What They Died for when Jacob talks about the Smoke Monster. If those don't give you all you need about the dynamic between Jacob and MiB, than you want a detailed scientific explanation and there is NOTHING that will satisfy you.

Again, I want to take a closer look at the whole "Smoke Monster doesn't have a name" thing.
    Ok. Lets say his name as a boy was Doug. So the main bad guy of this whole show? It's been Doug all along. Fuck Doug, Doug is a pussy name. I want the main bad guy to be THE SMOKE MONSTER.

Ben chose not to go into the church because he said he wanted to stay there a little while longer. Remember how in the previous episode he had dinner with Rouseau and she told him Alex was like a father to him? THAT is why Ben didn't go into the Church, he has a chance to have the life with Alex he always wanted.

10. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

August 24th, 3 months from today. Complete series out on Blu-Ray, The whole reason I bought a PS3. There is hope for the future, my friend.

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You bring me hope, which is why I love you.

Where is the purported knuckle picture?

"Where are we?"

12. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ do you have a creepy hardon for me.

Please ignore how small my hands are, I'm 6', 205 and have tiny fingers. It's tragic.

PS. How do I trademark and start selling "I'm With Darlton" shirts for people who loved the finale?

Attached Files:

• FATE.gif
      FATE.gif
      File size:
      95.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Brother J

Brother J
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I agree with the finale being satisfying. I'm alright with all the questions not being answered, although it would have been nice to have had 1 of those little things thrown into the finale for the geekier fans.

Maybe I just don't get it, but the whole Jacob/MiB thing...how was it related to the overall theme of the show or whatever you want to call it, other than just to advance the plot or be a story?

14. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tucker, is that you?

15. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear LOST,

I had no idea when you premiered way back in 2004 the juggernaut you'd become. I marveled at the beauty of the Pilot, I got shivers when I first discovered Locke's wheelchair bound existence in Walkabout, I've been hooked ever since.

In some ways I feel sorry for the people who were able to catch up via DVD or Blu-Ray, as they were deprived of the one thing that truly made LOST stand apart from any other show. The internet. The endless theorizing, the discussions, the spoilers, the torture between weeks waiting to see if you were right or wrong. The agonizing months between seasons, with every season finale surpassing the one before it.

The ARG's in between seasons, the teasers, even the occasional misstep (I'm looking at you Nikki and Paolo), nothing could deter me from from having my ass firmly on the couch when you came on, be it the Wednesdays, the Thursdays, or this seasons Tuesdays, I watched every single episode the minute it premiered, never missing one, and never failing to fire up my laptop seconds after it was over to discuss it with each and every one of you over the course of two message boards. The LOST threads are the most viewed and posted in both Pop Culture sections of the RMMB and here and for good reason, because this was a show unlike any in the history of television and it's phenomenon will unlikely ever be repeated, and I'm profoundly grateful I tuned in.

I've never been so happy to have been so wrong, on so many occasions with every theory I've thought of over the course of six seasons. That speaks as a testament to the writing staff, who even as most of the episodes were spoiled (Lostfan108), that they could continuously keep us on our toes and ever surprised.

Today I sit at work, sad that The End has come and gone, sad because there will be nothing like LOST again ever, yet happy that I was able to enjoy it for as long as it lasted.

To the "veterans" of the old boards, the two other members of the Lost RMMB trinity, Sherwood and Iczorro. The Good Doctor and Timo, to the new guys that caught up in time for season six, Kratos and El Tee. To the lurkers who never posted but took the time each week to come here and read the ridiculous things we'd write, it was truly fun to ride the ride together with each and every one of you, and it's such a damn shame we can't get in line to do it again.

Dmix3

16. pjr808

pjr808
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This guy totally nailed it. Just reading it made me choked up again. His explanation of moving from world to world, and Season 6 as a series of flashbacks from the Sideways World to the Island World hits the nail on the head, in my opinion.

<a class="postlink" href="http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/all-roads-lead-here-end-recap-by.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/all ... ap-by.html</a>

17. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am absolutely going to be watching the finale again when I get home. Count me in as one of the ones that loved how it ended.

I guess I can sort of understand why some people would be upset with the finale and not getting the answers that they wanted, even I was hoping a little that we would get some of those answers. But in the end it was so much more obvious than ever before that this was a show about these characters, and not the island and its mysteries. I think its silly to be upset about not knowing MiB's name, because the answer to that question doesn't matter. If they were to throw his name in somewhere in the finale, it wouldn't have changed anything at all.

And I didn't catch those two very telling lines from Kate and Hurley until after the end credits rolled. I am referring to Kate's line to jack of "I missed you so much" and then Hurley's and Ben's comments about being a great no. 1 and no. 2. But now that I know what those meant they have become so much more powerfully emotional lines.

Lastly, I definitely felt a pretty strong impact from all of the couple's "awakenings" (Sawyer's and Juliet's probably the most), but another scene that really got to me was when Hurely realized that Jack was about to sacrifice himself and was passing on the guardian role.

Such a fantastic, amazing ride. Now that lost is done, I feel like I can't even watch any other shows. Nothing else will be able to compare.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, I never noticed how many more replies and views this thread got than all the others.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was pretty cool. These couple lines really jumped out at me,

Others may have wanted sweeping answers about the purpose of the island, the Man in Black, a definitive timeline or ordering of the various realities, etc. All I wanted was to know that these characters, who mattered so much to me, mattered in some other sense, too. And this was answered; yes, they do matter. They mattered to each other.

The thing was I felt myself so emotionally wrapped up in all the story's of the finale. I completely forgot that I was hoping to have some questions answered. When watching the last show with my friend I was consistently saying, do you think they will have there flash back now? Will Juliette cause it? And so on......

When they finally got to the scene with Christian and Jack I felt myself almost panicking, wondering if they will answer all that we had questioned and struggled on for the past six years. Clearly they could not answer everything, it would have been impossible. Would I have loved a little more on MiB, Jacob and the light of the island? Of course. Would I have enjoyed finding out what happened to the characters that left on the plane? Absolutely. Would I have been intrigued to find out how Hurley never lost weight despite being on an island for however many years? YES

These answers are going to be left for people to debate and pick apart for years. The end result however was that I was satisfied. I was thoroughly and completely entertained. The show was unique, original and thrilling. I thank JJ for a hell of a ride.

The debate that will never rest is of course between Zo and myself and that is Claire vs. Kate, brunette vs. blonde, I will go to my grave loving Ms. Lilly. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.topnews.in/files/Evangeline-Lilly_0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.topnews.in/files/Evangeline-Lilly_0.jpg</a>

Special thanks to, Zo, El Tee and Sherwood for answering (sometimes) stupid questions and supporting or debunking silly theories.

Where the hell do we go from here?

20. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also want to point out this from that recap:
    That never really occurred to me. I think I may have noticed some differences here and there, but I never really consciously noticed those sorts of gaping differences. It fits perfectly with Christians comment at the end about (and I can't remember the line word for word) how time doesn't matter in that place.