Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

#LikeAGirl NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was hoping that the girls would respond in kind...

And in case you weren't aware, it was part of a Superbowl campaign, and this thread was meant to mock that a bit because of the stupid stuff it was saying.

I was hoping that it would evolve into more of a discussion of how stupid blanket gender equality is... because it's not true. It's very contextual.

I also found it hilarious that it was being promoted during a sporting event that had no women actually competing, regardless of many women trying out and failing to make any of the teams.

I think I get the message that they were trying to get across, they just failed horribly, at least in my case.

This thread was me doing the exact same thing.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm interested in hearing what exactly the ad said that you found stupid. Here it is, for reference. I don't see, for example, any suggestion of exact physical equality in talents among genders.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

4. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

That's the first time I saw that commercial. And that young guy mocking how girls fight....yeah, pretty sure that's exactly how I looked when I was in fifth grade and had my first fight...with a sixth grader. See, I STARTED throwing a punch, but it quickly denigrated into a slap fight. Don't even care. Cause I won. Yeah bitches. But everything else is stupid. I kicked ASS at Play Day. KICKED ASS. Know who had the longest broad jump? Me. Know who could break through held hands in Red Rover? Me. Relay races? No one stood a chance.

I might have been a wee bit competitive.

Also, funny story. Our dog loves the snow. We had a big storm last year, so the kids liked to throw treats out in the snow and watch the dog go crazy. So my 15 year old was showing me what she was doing. Except when she threw the treat it slipped out of her hand and landed about two feet in front of her. (Dog was also confused as she was looking for it in the snow). Anyway, after laughing about it, I believe I made the comment to her "You throw like a girl." Should I feel bad now? Cause I don't. It was funny. I have video of it somewhere too.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread response #likeagirl

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#LikeAGirl

7. Nettdata

Nettdata