Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Let's start a riot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iczorro, Aug 9, 2011.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goddamn, London. They've lost their fucking minds over there. If major American cities rioted every time a guy got shot by the cops, we wouldn't have buildings any more.

More pictures

Focus: Ever been caught up in mob mentality? Been surrounded by people losing their shit and thought, "Fuck it." I hear it's very contagious.
    Alt-Focus: Discuss the London riots.

Attached Files:

#1 iczorro, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

What the fuck are they rioting about? Did someone tell them they can't have their pudding if they don't eat their meat? Honestly I'm a little distracted by the collapse of the world economy to worry about this.

Also first, only, and final warning to all: I am not your picture-resizing bitch. If you are going to be useless as tits on a man and post ginormous pictures that break my hscroll, I might ban you just for the fun of it.

And no politics.

And labor doesn't have a 'u' in it.

And that's not a real party.

You know what, fuck you for clicking on that spoiler. Fuck you, and fuck your mom, and your grandma, right in your mom's ass. All of you. Fuck. You.

3. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm here and its kind of weird. Like LA riots, why the fuck are they burning their own neighborhoods? They say they are upset about how the government is treating them, austerity measures and the like but then why loot a Curry's (think small Best Buy)? Why are you stealing out of the Armani store on camera while your girlfriend tells you "No, not that one, the plus size rack you idiot?"

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Woodstock '99: The RAGE of Aquarius
    a.k.a The Utter Destruction of Rome, NY

I thought this was a bad idea from the start, since upon our arrival I realized this entire 300,000 person festival was on a sun parched, utterly shadeless shithole former airstrip. All prices were outrageously expensive. Worst of all? When balding, fat-assed, not-very-bright-person and Florida swamptrash Fred Durst tells everybody to destroy the place, and the idiots will follow their leader. Surf a piece of plywood straight up my ass, you fucking hack.

After that, it was havoc. Instead of trying to cool the mob, morons like Kid Rock tried to fire them up even more so by the time Metallica and RCHP were to come out, the place was in flames. "This is WOODSTOCK?!?" was all I could think. Looting. Girls being raped in toxic waste puddles. Firebombing. I was horrified by this, and left halfway through RCHP's set to avoid being killed (and get to my car before it was set on fire or something). Believe me, I wasn't the only one in thinking this. The problem was, if you tried to cool any of the mob, they'd beat the shit out of you and mug you for everything in your pockets. It was time to leave.

There were pluses that weekend: Rage Against the Machine looked like the second coming of Christ at that show and put on the best set of the weekend, and there were others that rocked as well. Oh, well. At least Sha-Na-Na didn't show up this time.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

After UConn won the mens and womens basketball tournaments in 2004 it quickly turned into a mob. People started lighting shit on fire and flipping every single car they could find.

Its weird because this kind of behavior seems to take place whenever the herd is really happy, really angry, or really sad. I think the thought of each individual is, "Hey, its not just me. Im not doing anything wrong, its everyone." But when a couple thousand think like that, you have an unruly mob of people. Same thing goes for when people storm Walmart on Black Friday and trample a couple greeters or security guards. Everyone can absolve themselves of their individual responsibility in the situation. Another shining example are the German people during the 3rd Reich.

6. Malignity

Malignity
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

7. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This thread is gonna be epic if Lara Logan starts posting.

8. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    FOCUS: Nope. I don't break other people's stuff.
    ALT. FOCUS: Mr. Wenger, make it all end by signing a fucking defender and a midfielder that can tackle and doesn't break every week. PLEASE.*

*I'm only half serious but their home was in North London... Arsenal fans haven't started rioting, yet, as far as I can tell. It's bound to happen soon if the Board of Directors don't pull their fingers out. Think of your favourite NFL team selling all of their prized assets a month after claiming they have money to spend and you'll understand the situation with the club...

EDIT: Came across this article on Football365.com and it fits here. For those who are not soccer fans, Rio Ferdinand is England's current Captain. Here you go: http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7089778/Rio-Applauds-Postponement-Amid-Turmoil-

9. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't even know England had hockey teams.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

During the LA riots, which spread to other cities (granted, not on the same scale), I was working in Jersey City, NJ, and a particularly crappy part of town. We had already experienced someone shooting out the back window of a pick-up, while it was being driven, having rocks thrown at us, and other bullshit. And this was all well before the riots. At some point during the second or third day of the LA riots, folks in downtown Jersey City decided it would be a good time to start running amok and throwing stones and bricks through windows.

A woman in the building next door to our work Site came outside and yelled to us "They're rioting downtown now. You boys better get on out of here". We thanked her, hopped in our trucks and did indeed "get on out of there". That same day, my uncle, who was working a few towns away, was stopped at a light, when a gang of youts approached his truck and started yelling shit at him. He didn't stick around to see what would happen next.

11. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What pisses me off more than the rioting is the lack of police response. The police have stated that they are responding conservatively in order to avoid being perceived as "heavy-handed." If the riot continues at this rate and the police don't intervene, at least a couple people are going to die. People are going to die. And the police are too worried about their public image and the political consequences of using force against violent rioters.

12. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously. If I had rioters in my city, I'd be blasting fuckers with fire hoses, siccing dogs, and throwing tear gas everywhere. Their toothless response is only encouraging the thugs to keep breaking stuff.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When did riots turn from oppressed brown people into ghost pale skinny jeaned hipsters? Who the fuck is oppressing these hipsters (realistically speaking)?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Declare marshal law, and a curfew.

Snipers on the rooftops and in helicopters.

Problem solved, one way or the other.

I have a low tolerance for this kind of shit.

15. Firefnd1982

Firefnd1982
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Then you start to look like Egypt or Libya... I know that the circumstances are completely different, however the actions most likely would be perceived the same.

As a side note i do agree that this is bullshit and people should be held accountable for this crap. I am just playing devils advocate.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Those batons are given to cops for a reason. FUCKING USE THEM. Once you start playing drum solos on these dipshits they might start thinking twice.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In other news, 5000% increase in the sale of bats and police batons on Amazon UK

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/</a>

And personally, I find sniping to be no problem as a response to a violent uprising of dickheads that are burning and looting.

They act like terrorist, they get shot like terrorists.

If they demonstrate peacefully, then that's one thing. Shit gets violent, then the gloves come off; handle it quickly and decisively.

18. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else see the London and Philly riots as a gigantic lack of parenting and social responsibility? Seems like kids these days are brought up to think that acting like a raging asshole who deserves shit is perfectly acceptable. Blame it on the welfare mentality, or rap culture, or whatever the fuck you want, but this shit needs to stop.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep. Of course all the young fucks around here will say "you're just old" and make a "get off your lawn" joke, but lack of family values and parenting is becoming more and more apparent. It's not an issue with everyone, obviously, but it's becoming enough of an issue that it's starting to show.

We saw it here in Vancouver, in that "mini-riot" we had. (Canadians are polite, even when we riot).

This is just an extreme end result of it.

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was there and I agree with the riots.

No shade, ridiculous prices, FAR too little security for the event (they pulled down a 40ft section of the wall to the outside within 2 hours of the event kicking off), not enough planning, and just the fucking RAAAAAAAPE of the people who came to the event.

Last day of Woodstock, on my way to the main stage. A vendor with waters is pushing a cart. "How much for a water?" "$4. $5 if you want a cold one." FUUUUUCK you sir.

I'm all for a good riot if it makes sense. Forcing government to deal with the economy instead of having a play acting stand off... yeah that's cool with me. But burning down buildings and looting has NOTHING to do with the riot, just individuals looking to profit from the situation.

I guarantee that America will eventually riot. It'll start somewhere when there are mass layoffs of public/union employees. It'll spread to a bunch of major cities and create a fucking gigantic mess. Luckily I'll be holed up in my house in the rural hills of Massachusetts, or at my camp in the middle of nowhere Maine, watching it all online.