Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Let's Go Bowling - 2010-2011 Bowl Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by LucasJackson, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This Oregon coach is cockier than Rex Ryan. I'm now rooting for Auburn, even though they'll have to give back the trophy in a year or two.

2. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

There's cocky and there's having big ass brass balls, definitely a difference.

Heck of a catch by that Oregon receiver and equally nice play by the Auburn d-back to save the TD, I thought he was gone.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finally we have a national championship game that lives up to the hype. It's been a long time coming.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boooooooo

At least Oregon made a game of it. Unlike the SEC's other four damn titles.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. Congratulations Auburn.

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. Now we have to hear all these asshole Auburn fans for a year.

7. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good game, congrats Oregon.

Cue another year of SEC mongoloid chest thumping.

8. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Short of the Vince Young Rose Bowl party that was the best title game I've ever seen.

Darron Thomas did a good job when he got warmed up...as well as Michael Dyer and his crazy run. I really thought that he was down on that play in the fourth.

9. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

10. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Well fuck man all I ever say is I hope it's a good game and boy did we get that. Best bowl game this year, as it should be with it being 1stv2nd in the nation. It would have been the Ducks first ever. BoooooooHissssssss.

Now the SEC mouthbreathers will never shut the fuck up.

And, I had a bet with a certain someone and now this fucking bullshit is my sig and avatar for 7 days. I will get you back, mods have ways. Remember that.

12. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Eh, see, I disagree. I thought the game started great with both offenses moving as fast as they do, but that whole 38 minutes of no scoring kinda bored me. Plus, how infuriating is it when Oregon calls the most pedestrian, mundane run plays inside the five yard line? That shovel pass they dished off to James was fucking killer - why the hell are you running it up the gut three times in a row those two previous red zone drives? I was screaming for Oregon to kick the field goal and get the points, Kelly runs it lateral instead and gets stuffed. Yipee.

I will admit I called it in favor of Auburn and said they'd win in a blowout (and I was wrong), but I really wanted Oregon to win this one. I'm at the point where I want the SEC to lose everything. The only thing they've lost lately is an LSU head coach to fucking Michigan. Just can't win here.

13. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry, we didn't even lose that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6011557

Enjoy it, I wouldn't even had been able to complain had Auburn lost, as I would have gotten a banhammer according to our bet.

14. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Hell of a game. I'm frankly surprised Oregon was able to keep it so close, there was a noticeable gap in size and talent. That's a credit to Chip Kelly.

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

And so it begins.

And opposite with Jackson said up there, I think both teams looked like shit in their opening sequences. I cringed when Oregon took 3 rather than putting up 7, which is what eventually lost the game for them IMO. Turnover, turnover. I was screaming at the TV. Some weird playcalling though, with fakes, conversions and such. Whoa.

In the end it's exactly with Gold said, the Ducks were not so much as outplayed as they were outweighed. The lines were mismatched, those SEC boys are huge.

16. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's a Carolina Panthers fan. It's all he's got.

17. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not wanted I wanted but very happy to see it wasnt a blow out either. Well I hope we win next year.

18. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Putting up three instead of seven is not what lost the game for them, it was two goal line stands in the first and second half by Auburn. I'm telling ya, Kelly is a ballsy play caller, but that title game was a perfect example of where it bites you in the ass. Compare and contrast that to a guy like Tressle who would have taken the points, rely on his defense, pin them within their own 20 yard line, then maybe allow one first down before getting the ball back, and then eat off 8 minutes from the clock before kicking another three points. The next thing you know that last touchdown, the one that ties it? That pulls you ahead by six, and you dont even have to go for two.

Trust me, I love guys like Kelly, Dantonio is the same way with his fake field goals and punts and shit like that. I love the fake PAT and the mousetrap in the third quarter, but there comes a point when you gotta take what you can get, and Kelly was trying to kill the golden goose with his high profile offense. It's a shame, because it would have worked out, all they had to do was score more than 22 points and with enough field goals thrown in there, that could have easily been done.

19. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I just don't really understand why they kept trying to run the ball between the tackles when they were getting mowed down in the backfield by Auburn's beastly D-line. The screens and shuffle passes were working great with the overpursuit of Auburn's defense and could've tried to run it normally once Auburn started respecting the screens more.

Was definitely an excellent slugfest to watch though. Both defenses played great.