Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Let's Go Bowling - 2010-2011 Bowl Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by LucasJackson, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The best day of the year for college football!!!

2. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think we can agree that despite the arguments to the contrary, Michigan State is not a BCS caliber team.

On the other hand, this PSU-UF game is pretty good.

3. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The SEC is embarrassing us...

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ouch, but so very true. We got to being a top 10 team by beating low quality B10 teams and getting lucky. Here's to hoping Wisconsin can pull the B10 out of our rut today. It's a sad day for Michigan teams.

5. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I may have been slightly off. Just a touch.

Go Badgers?

6. palmettosc

palmettosc
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I guess in 2011 its Arkansas's turn. Or were you counting on one of the Michigan schools to step up?

7. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was the Alabama team I expected to show up for South Carolina, LSU, and the second half of the Auburn game.

Watching the Rose Bowl now. All I can think of when I see those uniforms and that end zone is the cathedral scene in Batman when Kim Basinger says, "Mr. Joker? You're so powerful... and PURPLE! I looooooove purple."

8. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Would you like some of this humble pie? Been eating that shit all day.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I love UConn but dear God are they about to get raped.

10. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This was a rough day for the Big Ten. Wisconsin just couldn't manage to sustain drives into the end zone. I'm a bit surprised they didn't go to Clay on the 2 point conversion, he was gashing TCU on the drive. I think he could have gotten in.

The Penn State-Florida game was a pretty good one. Neither team is all that good, and unless Penn State's QBs take big steps forward in the offseason, its going to be another mediocre season for them in 2011.

I was surprised Northwestern was able to score so many points against Texas Tech. I didn't watch the game, but given the quality of the 2 teams, I'm probably happy about that.

Tom (or any other Michigan fans), does the loss today seal DickRod's firing? I didn't watch the game, but the score seems to indicate it was a pretty good ass kicking. As an Iowa fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Michigan keep him, but he's such a douche that it'd be amusing seeing him get fired.

Oh, Michigan State, that was just pitiful.

For my teams, its been a good bowl season. Iowa won a good game against Missouri. And despite the controversy, Syracuse got the win over Kansas State. Yes, I agree the call was bullshit, but when you've stunk like Syracuse has for the past several year, you take the win any way you can get it.

11. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I won a C note today cause I knew the Big 10 was way overrated and I knew that TCU was going to beat whomever it met in the Rose Bowl.

I just wish the Big 10 had faired better against the SEC cause that conference sucks and is way overrated and the only conference it could possibly have any success against is the overrated also Big 10. After Oregon exposes Auburn for the sham they are I hope no SEC team starts out next year in the 10. Fucking Posers.

Yeah I am drunk.

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They have been dominated but it is only 20-10 at half. If our QB didn't suck donkey balls Oklahoma wouldn't be stacking the line and killing him. Also, if they refs didn't blow the fucking obvious pass interference (even the announcers asked how they missed it) it would probably be closer.

13. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Pretty much every single team I rooted for lost today. sigh.....

And yes, RR is fucked. There is absolutely no excuse for the worst loss in school bowl history. You're on the hot seat from getting jacked up by OSU, and you get raped? The new Athletic Director (who did not hire you) has made his disapproval clear by saying nothing to defend you in the press....all the pressure in the world is on you to show something for the last three years.....and you lose by 38!

You're going up against a team with a second year coach....and get GUTFUCKED by them. The MSU QB keeps running the same play over and over and over, and the defense fails to adjust.

You play a Josh Groban song at the annual Michigan banquet... (who the hell can justify that?)

Get spanked by Michigan State and Ohio State repeatedly...

Show no defensive / special teams improvement in Year 3...

Fail to recruit talented defensive players or even decent ones...

Continue to meet the bare minimums win-wise at best...

Regularly get humiliated by the conference big boys...you have to go.

There is only one true candidate to take his place.

The savior of Michigan football is sitting up in Palo Alto, coaching for Stanford. Former UM quarterback Jim Harbaugh.

He, at least, beat Ohio State and Michigan State repeatedly as a starter. Played under legendary coach Bo Schembechler. Dominated the Big 10 as a player.

Mr. Harbaugh....it's time to come home.

Do so...and you will be a LEGEND. Ann Arbor would literally bow at your feet. There is not a Michigan fan that doesn't want you to step back into the Big House.

Instead of playing in front of crowds of 35,000 on a good day, try 110,000+. Less rigorous academic standards would make recruiting slightly easier. Bigger recruiting budget, salary, bigger every-fucking-thing. Instead of being the sideshow at Stanford, show the world your skill from the peak of college football.

14. atm1892

atm1892
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You're so delusional it's not even funny anymore.

I would like to hear your reasons why the SEC sucks. And if the SEC is not the best conference, than which one is? I've yet to hear any of you idiot SEC- bashers form a logical argument.

15. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Worst day of the year. There are no words to be said about that Cap One game. Fuck, I'm actually shocked we held them to 49 points. That's amazing.

Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State, Penn State... What an awful day for the Big Ten. Here I was starting to feel good about going 7-1 in this conference after Iowa and Illinois pull out wins, until the SEC had to lay their annual slaughtering on the lot of us that make it to bowls. That's about all I can type about this stupid game and this stupid year so far, just awful, in every way, truly awful...

And to make matters worse, I'll probably learn that Harbaugh goes to Michigan after RichRod gets the can. So many great years I've enjoyed under that guy, I'm gonna have to watch him go. Well, it's 1:00 am, I'm going to curl up in a ball and pass out, clinging to hope that the year can only go up from here.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Living in Chicago, in the heart of B10 country, I took a little schadenfreude joy in the outcomes today only to shut up the obnoxious fans I knows. The girl who sits in the cube next to me that is an annoying MSU alumni/fan, can't wait to casually greet her with a Roll Tide. Michigan, I tried to give RichRod some leash because he has turned that offense around but defensively they are beyond a joke. Greg Robinson SUCKS. The teams at WVU were never excellent defensively, but they could do something. He would deserve some more time, but that D is so pathetic I can't blame them for canning his ass.

The TCU-Wisco game was as good as advertised. I feel like TCU really kind of outplayed them most of the game. It was odd how Dalton would at times murder that UW D but then look pedestrian at other times. TCU's D, after an initially "feeling out" period, was as good as advertised. They just shut UW's shit down most of the game. Carder was a fucking man child. His arm bands are a bit too much, but he was the MVP of that game in my opinion.

17. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I also wanted to talk about the Rose Bowl as well, it was probably the best game of the day.

Bielema did not do a good coaching job. They simply did not. TCU was excellent on offense, but the corners would give the TCU WRs massive cushion. I don't see why the pretty much refused to mix it up ever. Wisconsin on defense would simply wait for Dalton to be i nthird and long and screw up, whichi almost never happened. But 21 points is a fine defensive performance... the D didn't lose that game.

Nope, that would be on the coaching....at the end of the first half, Wisky let teh clock run down down down without taking a timeout as they entered the redzone. Then they kicked an FG instead of going for the touchdown. You just knew that was going to bite them in the ass.

Secondly....Wisky has the biggest, beefiest line in college football, so I don't see why you would EVER punt on 4th and 1. Just don't do it. Ever. Who cares if it's unsporting. QB sneak it or hand it off to your Mack truck tailbacks. A couple times Wisconsin was overly cautious, I thought. Meanwhile TCU offense was wide open featuring the zone read, slants, deep balls etc.

Third....Scott Tolzien is not a good QB. When they pout the game on his arm, he could not get them more than one, two lucky first downs. So don't put yourself in a position to do much more than play action, screens and slants.

Last, at the end of game 2 point conversion...I would have run it, but that was just me. You could tell TCU was gassed trying to stop the run at the end of the game.

TCU has some great defenders though, and the most impressive thing is, Patterson doesn't even go around fighting for scraps in the state of Texas after the Longhorns handpick the top 20 every year. Instead of fighting w/ Baylor, TTech, Oklahoma, and everyone else, he just grabs the best QB/ RB/ athletes at a school and molds them to new positions....linebacker. Safety. etc etc, and by the time they're done sitting on the bench for a year or two, they're ready to play.

18. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've been looking forward to today for weeks and weeks. I've put every disposable dollar I have on Stanford at -3.5.

This is the first year that the team has had any relevancy in college football for as long as I have understood football.

Stanford is going to prison rape Va Tech tonight.

19. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Halftime of an entertaining game. Tyrod Taylor is channeling his inner Michael Vick right now

20. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Andrew Luck doesn't declare for the draft, I will post the longest Rant in the history of the Rant & Rave Thread. That is, if my keyboard doesn't short-circuit from all the tears.