Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"Let me show you my collection."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by walt, Sep 7, 2014.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God help you if you ever move. I have one small to medium bookcase and moving the books from it is usually my least favorite part of moving.

2. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Heh. We moved over a hundred banker boxes of books and countless magazines when we moved into our house 20 years ago. Needless to say more have been added. I still have a few Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan hardcovers I received when I was about 10. Collecting anything is a sickness.

I long ago informed the wife I would be dying in this house.

3. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Sports jerseys.

I started collecting football shirts when I was a teenager. Always trying to get the more obscure ones like Penarol from Uruguay or Nagoya Grampus Eight from Japan. Then I started buying a jersey at any sporting event I went to on my travels. Around that time I moved house and decided to get rid of all the old ones of teams I'd never seen play.
    It's pretty cool some times when there's a guest coming to work from East Slovakia or wherever and I can throw on my HC Kosice jersey. I'm also not far off having a different scarf for every snow day in the winter.

It's not a huge collection but sometimes I look at it and want to just get shot of it all. I like owning nothing more than I can carry. Five years ago I spent a week or two ripping 300 CDs then sold them all. That was incredibly liberating. I look at my bookshelf and wish there was a similar process, but instead of making money like I did with my CDs and records I'd have to spend money for eReader versions.