Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Lest We Forget

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bless all of our armed services men and women, both foreign and abroad. Your continued perseverance and service to this great country we live in is both admired and respected.

2. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really, though, the best way any female can show her gratitude towards the military is with a good ol' fashioned blowjob. I'm completely serious here. Having spent much of my youth on the biggest Marine Corps base in the world, I constantly saw single Marines come back from long deployments without so much as a hug or a "Welcome Home" sign to come home to. Nothing says "thank you for putting your life on the line so that I can live peacefully" like getting on your knees and showing your lack of a gag reflex.

Ladies, the next time you see a member of the military, be sure to suck his cock. It's the blowjob of freedom.

3. Dufresne

Dufresne
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My grandfather on my mother's side was in the 78th Infantry, known as the "Lightning Division," in WWII. Appropriately, last week she handed me a book she'd found in my grandmother's attic detailing the history of the division starting with its formation in WWI. I hadn't gotten around to reading it yet, so I figure reading the history of my grandfather's division cover-to-cover is a good way to celebrate.

Also, we made sure to take the Iraq veteran who works in my office out for pints at lunch today. To everyone who's served for whom I can't buy a pint, thank you.

4. PaleBlueDot

PaleBlueDot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

#24 PaleBlueDot, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad was the equivalent of a national guardsman in New Zealand in WWII (yep, he's that old). Although he never say action, he was in the theater of war in the Pacific for training exercises. Moreso ANZAC day than Remembrance Day, we get out and drive the older or more infirm veterans around in the parades as part of the Jeep club.

The RSL in Australia (Returned Serviceman's League.. not sure of the US equivalent) has been marketing a cell phone ringtone of the Last Post in an effort to raise awareness and money. I can understand the sentiment, but not the best method in my opinion. It's caused quite a bit of divided opinion. Personally, I get goosebumps every time I hear the Last Post played and would hate to hear it trivialised and coming out of a cell phone.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wow.

I would never think to use Last Post as a ring tone.

I've had the unfortunate privilege of being both honour guard and lone piper for 5 funerals and various remembrance day ceremonies, and can't imagine playing it anywhere other than in those situations.

7. Household 6

Household 6
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Really? Out of everyone, you had to be the lone fucktard?

Thank you to many of mine, past, present and current for allowing this dickwad his freedom of speech. My GGrandfather, Grandfather and Father will lay in graves and have ashes here and there, my DH sleeps in the rain and my son attends the MC Ball tonight, all for the right to you post such ignorant crap.

Heartfelt thanks and well wishes to those who serve and those who support them.

8. Household 6

Household 6
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I have so many of those lined up on my dashboard, attached to my visor, etc. Never even crossed my mind to have it as a tat. So thanks. That will be my next.