Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Less Bits, More Fun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Aug 25, 2010.

1. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]
    In addition to being addicted to this on Sega Genesis, my brother and I would put buckets on our heads and jump on the trampoline and play 'Street Fighter.'

2. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My wife and I caved and purchased a Wii earlier this year, ostensibly for the sole purposes of playing Mario Kart and Super Mario Brothers Wii.

It didn't take long for me to invest in the classic controllers and hook that motherfucker up to the internet and immediately became 11 again, thanks to the virtual console. I spent two glorious weeks playing nothing but the original Final Fantasy for the NES. I thought I enjoyed it before, but when you add alcohol, a big screen TV, more alcohol, mute the 8-bit music, and listen to your ipod while playing, it is nothing short of exquisite.

Aside from that, my Christmas present from my wife the year before we got married was a fully-refurbished original nintendo with SMB 1 - 3 and Contra. You remember the matching games you played in Super Mario Brothers 3? Still had all six boards memorized.

I've been waiting for them to add Rock and Roll Racing, but no love yet.

3. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Oh I played plenty of Toejam and Earl. Sega had all the bad ass games, I almost forgot about this one:

[​IMG]

4. justinarelost

justinarelost
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Kings Quest VI. It came with our first or second PC we bought back in the mid 90s.

[​IMG]

This game made you do everything in a precise order, which made no sense at all. You had to save the instruction booklet to be able to decode a few different parts in the game, and oh yeah, they made little side missions if you didn't go in order! So you think, hey, I'm about to get into the castle and win! Nope, you're dead. I downloaded this a few years ago and found a walkthrough and finally beat it. My life is complete.

5. Zazz

Zazz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For me, nothing beat SMB 1 or 3 for original NES. The only other games I had were Excitebike and Marble Madness, which were pretty rad as well.

When NHL '93 came out for Sega, that was it for me, sports games from there on out. Roenick, Larmer, and Michel Goulet couldn't be stopped, and I found the glitch to score 30 (or 100, depending on the period length) goals a game. We had a few more games, but the only other one I remember playing is the piece of shit listed below.

Anti- focus:
    [​IMG]

What the fuck? I'm a dolphin and shoot nonviolent sonar waves, now what?

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

[​IMG]
    It was the only game I was ever good at.

7. lindgren

lindgren
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

For me it doesn't get any better than Mega man 2 for NES
    [​IMG]

It also has one of the greatest songs to ever be in a video game

I was incredibly excited when they decided to start releasing new Mega man games from the original series that were downloadable on the current-gen consoles.

#27 lindgren, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  8. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I loved me some Super Off Road and some RC Pro Am.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three favorite games from when I was growing up. I still love the new side scrollers and games on DS for Castlevania and the new DS Zelda games. I loved in these types of games that you have to discover what's going on. The old side scrollers like Castlevania and Metroid had all sorts of puzzles, but nothing like the original Zelda. The Final Fantasy game was so open and huge.

I haven't played one in a couple years, but I also loved the old school Final Fantasy Games

This is my favorite game of all time. The multiple endings based on decisions early on. This is the pinnacle of role playing games in my mind. It still holds a place higher than FFVII, for me at least. I loved it, but this one really stands out in my mind as the most enjoyable story.

[​IMG]

This game still holds some great memories from elementary school computer lab. Classic. Oregon Trail. Not a lot of explanation needed for people who were kids in the 80's. This was so much more fun than any of my old Atari games, although there were some good ones there too.

[​IMG]

10. Alex Trebek

Alex Trebek
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

[​IMG]

He's on fire. Boomshakalaka. Shattering the backboard. Throwing down a tomahawk jam with Bill Clinton. Hell yes. All of that made you forget that there was no Jordan (or Barkley and Shaq if you were unlucky). I am actually pumped for the new version coming out, even though I haven't paid much attention to the NBA in years.

[​IMG]

I absolutely loved this game, played the crap out of it for years. It's almost sad to say, but this is still my favorite baseball game ever. And to think, the Pittsburgh Pirates haven't had a winning season since this game came out.

11. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I'm sticking with flying sims for this one...

[​IMG]

This one was an absolute classic.

[​IMG]

This was AWESOME.

[​IMG]

The graphics on this game were outstanding. Who had a monitor capable of 1600x1200 in 1997? Holy.shit.

12. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Mortal Kombat II for Sega Genesis (I never had a Super Nintendo). I probably spent more time playing this game than any other. It was also one of the hardest games I have ever played, only because of how hard it was to beat Kintaro and Shao Kahn. I was never able to beat either of them without the "one hit kills" cheat, and I don't think any of my friends ever did either.

13. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Janes series was amazing, though I got started on flight sims way prior to that

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Mixed Up Mother Goose Mother Fuckers.

15. Zazz

Zazz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Anyone else get down with Leisure Suit Larry?

[​IMG]

16. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Attached Files:

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What? No Custer's Last Stand?

The original "Rape an Indian" game. Accept no substitutes.

Attached Files:

18. flacco

flacco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Golden axe
    [​IMG]

Fun times playing this game on the sega megadrive with my brother, also the dwarf was the best character

19. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Prince of Persia
    [​IMG]

Screw windows, DOS is where you got to the good stuff.

Aces of the Pacific
    [​IMG]
    I played this game so much it was ridiculous. Not sure whether this had something to do with me ending up majoring in Aerospace Engineering, but it probably didn't hurt. Never could get the damn torpedoes to work though.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Are you man enough for Mad Dog McCree?

[​IMG]

...And if you can believe it, Super Mario 2 was my favourite Mario game of them all. Don't ask me why.
    [​IMG]