Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Les Mardi Gras S'en Vient De Tout Partout! WDT 3/4/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need to check out Scottish music festivals one of these days.

#81 Beefy Phil, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have finally gotten around to drinking this bottle of highland park that my girlfriend bought for me from the duty free.

So not only was this booze free, it's also tax-free. Makes for a fine dram, if I do say so myself.

3. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well I thought I would be working this weekend which would suck as I'm turning 21. Rang my co-worker however and got it off.

Fucking awesome. Chucky ar la!!

#83 Solaris, Mar 4, 2011
  4. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't America the only place with the retarded 21 year old drinking age? What is special about turning 21 in Ireland?

5. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't Ireland like the only country in Europe with 21 as the legal drinking age?
    I went to Dublin a few years back and was not impressed, the locals were assholes, shit was expensive, and apparently chucks and a flannel shirt were not acceptable drinking attire. Buddy of mine went to Cork though and said it was lovely.

6. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

The weather has gone from bad to worse, so no town-Mardi-Gras fun tonight. But instead, the pregnant wife had a craving for jambalaya (which she Mexicanly pronounces "yambo-lie-ya"- awesome), so I'm finishing up a big ol' pot, drinking beer with whiskey on the horizen, and jamming (yamming) to cajun music.

I'd actually prefer this to the original plans. What can I say- I'm a homebody. I'll post pics when its done.

7. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Drinking age is 18 in Ireland my good friend.

21 is just a landmark age like 16,18,21,30,40,50,67,70,80,100

Plus I'm a bit sad as of late so getting to celebrate my birthday is fun anyway.

You didn't enjoy dublin mr.kim jong hong kong??

How come. You really have to choose your spots. And they are a fickle bunch. I ordered 3 pints and then the barman refused to serve me another until I got some food in me in Dublin. I usually drink in Belfast however which is still under occupation. Pretty sure the dirnking age is 18 in the south though, I drink in donegal all the time. Freestaters are cunts

#87 Solaris, Mar 4, 2011
  8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know, man. She looks more like a Kevin LeBrock these days.

9. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've no idea who she is but she looks fucking ugly, you wouldn't ride her into battle.

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Umm....What?

And if the drinking age is 18 where you are, why is 21 a landmark age to you? The only reason it's a landmark age here is because it's the drinking age.

11. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Landmark age's are landmark age's dude. I don't know exactly why, they just are.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit, is that pic from a "How Many Cliche 80's Things Can You Find" book ? Wow.

Our kids are gonna laugh their balls off someday soon.

13. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But this also brings up a secondary question as to why 67 is a landmark age.

I think 21 is a landmark age largely because of American influence. I mean, over here, the de rigeur response to someone turning 21 is 'Oh, well, now you can go drink in the States.' Either that or it's the point at which your teenage years are well and buried behind you. As a teenager, you approach your twenties and think, 'Wow, I'm getting old.' On the other side of it, you realize that you're not old, you're just on the cusp of belonging to the adult world and everyone else is old. People also graduate from college at 21 or 22 if they do the four years straight out of high school deal.

But 67? Who the hell decided that?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not to pick nits or anything, but I'm not sure "landmark" means what you think it means. You might be thinking "milestone" instead... not that it matters at all, of course.

And as to LeBroc, what can I say? Do I find her to be the hottest chick ever? No. But I do know that I rate her a "yes" and I'd rather roll around with her the way she is in that pic than when she was younger and in Weird Science.

"What!?" you say, like you've never heard such crazy talk?

What can I say, my preference tends to lean towards the slightly more mature, curvy/busty/chubby types with great personalities. And it's not because I'm "ancient" like some of you think... it's always been that way, really. And I actually have a pretty good idea as to why that is. Let's just say that we are rather impressionable when we're young and impressionable, and I was, in fact, impressed.

I'm not sure why some of you complain, though... just means there are more hot, crazy chicks for the rest of you.

15. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm getting drunk tomorrow but not tonight, so I'm just surfing the Web looking for stuff.

Just found this clip. Brought back memories.

Rep points if you can figure out why he's getting yelled at.

#95 Omegaham, Mar 4, 2011
  16. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that was my main question.

Sorry, not all of us were there to take notes when the English language was first being established.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don't Marine recruits have to greet their training staff when they come in?

My second guess would be "because he was there".

18. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He looks like he might have been falling asleep. Plus I have seen that video before with the description of him falling asleep.

What I would really like to see is what happened after the DI found that camera in that guy's rack.

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't tell what the first DI was screaming about, but I'd guess the next three were because the recruit shit his pants.

20. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep, along with the whole firewatch spiel. "Good evening sir, recruit (name) reports firewatch for Platoon (number), all secure. There are X seabags. X footlockers. X rifles. All secure. There is nothing new or unusual to report at this time. This recruit's rifle serial number is (number) Good evening sir." DI walks in with an 8-point cover instead of his easily recognizable Smokey Bear, and the recruit just stares at him. Whoops.

What makes me laugh is how the other DIs come out of freaking nowhere. They smell blood and just work themselves up into a frenzy. Best thing to watch in boot camp was the groups of DIs at the chow hall waiting for their platoons to eat. They had nothing to do, so they would stand there in a pack and look for the Receiving recruits. They're really easy to recognize, (they have to wear a glowbelt like a sash, along with their tennis shoes) and the poor bastards don't know what to do. So you'll see 10, 12 DIs surrounding one guy. Six of them will be screaming, and the others will be providing moral support by slamming their fists into the wall, stamping, running around in circles, throwing their covers / belts on the ground, etc.

Edit: Damn, I've already repped you for something else. (NO INTEGRITY! NO FREAKING INTEGRITY! PUUUUUSH!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.