Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Les Mardi Gras S'en Vient De Tout Partout! WDT 3/4/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

TOUT ALENTOUR LE TOUR DU MOYEU!

Goddamn, That song gets me fired up! Fuck a "Mardi Gras Mambo", this is the real friggin' deal. And it means only one thing- its Mardi Gras once again. It doesn't matter where you're from, this is a goddamn weekend to party. We'll keep this open until Wednesday morning, so lets get after it.

Oh, and ladies, let's get into the real spirit of the season, if you know what I mean.

CAPITAINE, CAPITAINE, VOYAGE TON FLAG!

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

#2 Nettdata, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have been drinking Harpoon and Brooklyn Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stouts for a bit of the night. I have nothing but good things to say about them. That is all.

4. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Well I'm standing on the corner of Lafayette,
    State of Louisian',
    wonderin' where a city boy could go
    to get a little conversation,
    drink a little red wine,
    catch a little bit of those Cajun girls
    dancin' the Zydeco.

more like jewdico amirite

5. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

#5 Blue Dog, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In other news, Diablo is doing well with his helicopter training.

And is protecting himself against $16,000 beneficiaries.

Attached Files:

7. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am riding in Tucks this year. Float 10, sidewalk side. Look for me. Send me a PM if you're going to be on the route somewhere and I'll try and remember.

If I remember that I should be listening for my fake internet name (theoretically possible) and I can actually hear you (maybe) and I am not so drunk to care (unlikely) I'll shower you with cheap plastic crap.

I'll be riding with the 8 year old, so, girls, should you feel the need to flash your tits, feel free. I don't think he's seen any before and he has to learn about trashy girls sometime.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

9. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going from dicking around, doing pretty much nothing all day for more than a year straight to putting in 12+ hour days is a fucking bad idea.

Lovely day for a Guinness.

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty much the only thing keeping my job from being perfect is not being able to have a couple beers in the office, I could TOTALLY go for a Guinness right about now.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm quite happy in that my new gig has me working from the home office, on my own hours.

I also seem to have a 32-36 hour normal sleep cycle so slowly migrate from day shift to midnight shift to night shift to early morning shift.

So yes, it's 6:30 on a Friday morning, I've been working most of the night, and I've already had a couple shots of dark spiced rum.

In shittier news, turns out that the some fucktard actually drowned on my lake last weekend. It was barely freezing for 2 days, and he tried to go skating on the ice, fell through, and didn't make it out.

I guess I slept right through it.

12. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm also working from home on my own hours. But, idiot that I am, my own hours start at 6:00 am.

The lake outside the house didn't freeze this year, thank God. Last year it froze over and there were kids constantly running around on it. And, if some idiot kid falls in, I'd probably run out with a pole or something, and while odds are I wouldn't be able to save them, I think I'd still have to make a go at it to be able to sleep at night. And if the lake's frozen, then it's pretty god damn cold out, and I honestly don't want to deal with the inconvenience of getting up out my chair, putting my shoes on, and freezing my ass.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just after Christmas we had a long cold snap out here, and there were fuckers playing hockey on the lake. Watched the aftermath of a couple of them pulling themselves out of the water when they went through. They were close enough to shore that it was only shoulder deep water, but you KNOW they got fucking cold.

The local wildlife dudes put up signs reminding everyone it was unsafe to be on the lake due to the thin ice, but still families took their trophies out skating on the lake. A few times I just sat in a lawn chair on my dock, fire going in the pit, with a coffee drink, watching them go by.

One smarmy mother came skating up with her 2 kids behind her and asked all overly-cheerfully why I wasn't out on the ice enjoying it, especially since I lived right on the lake.

I told her I found it more entertaining watching people fall through and struggle to get out. And the fire trucks with their flashing lights were kind of cool, too. "Just like yesterday".

She didn't quite know how to take that, but she did skate away, back to the shore where she'd parked, and left.

14. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just saw a drunk as fuck midget trying to text someone.This morning is fucking awesome.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So of course you grabbed your cel phone and took a pic of it and will be posting it later, right?

Better yet, you took a video that you'll be uploading to YouTube later, right?

Am I right?

16. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was stopped at a light and couldn't find my phone. He was bending over to look at the screen of his phone, and kept on going and going. Did this knee bend, trying to save balance move and almost ate shit. It was the most terrible and awesome moment of the day.

I really hope this is a precursor for my weekend.

17. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're not called midgets anymore, asshole. The PC term is "Twitter Friendly."

18. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The PC term is "get some fucking growth hormones you short ass wierdo - IT'S CALLED A THYROID!".

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The correct term is "do you have a cute sister and is she a dwarf too?"

20. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's 10:28am and I just ordered 2 pizzas from Dominos.

My internal clock is seriously fucked.

And by seriously fucked, I mean I ordered food before having a beer. The hell is up with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.