Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Leonard Nimoy's Day Off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Jun 1, 2011.

1. madamsquirrel

madamsquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I am off every Tuesday and pretty much have the same routine. I wake up at 7am when my husband leaves for work. I think about all the housework I have to do that day but decide that I can rest a few hours before getting started. So I consult the guide on the tv and choose a movie or show I need to catch up on. Around noon I realize I am hungry and have watched too much television. So I stumble to the kitchen and fix something to eat. I decide at that point a bath is in order. After lunch and the bath it is usually two o'clock or so and therefore too late to start on housework because I have to start cooking dinner soon. At this point I usually panic because I realize I have defrosted no meat for dinner. I hurriedly start trying to find things to throw together for dinner and begin cooking at that point. By the time my husband returns at 6 pm I am a stressed out mess AND no housework at all was done. Rinse and repeat every Tuesday.

2. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like to spend my off-days immersing myself in one task, e.g. a long day of rock climbing or a full day of tinkering with my motorcycle.

I think Washington DC is a fucking terrible city to have the day off in, it's a pretty high-strung place, so it's a nice working environment for Type A personalities like me, but just a boring and mildly depressing place when you want to relax (especially if you have no interest in the bar scene). I always forget how much trouble I have unwinding until I leave the city and notice how much easier I can relax. This city has definitely turned me into a workaholic.

I don't take days off anymore, there is always something to be done and until I reach certain career goals I am going to stop at nothing to achieve them. Doesn't mean I don't relax, but I never take a full day where I accomplish nothing.