Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

League of Legends Addicts Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Parker, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That really does suck, but on a positive note, Draven is fun as shit.

3. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Riven is the same, she has so much burst AOE and mobility that I've gotten a 2v5 pentakill with her.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit just got real.

<a class="postlink" href="http://promo.leagueoflegends.com/pulsefire-ezreal/en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://promo.leagueoflegends.com/pulsef ... al/en.html</a>

5. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jungle Darius is hilarious. That bleed is too good.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Won a complete 4v5 game. They had Morde, Riven, Veigar, Annie and Soraka vs Ezrael, Amumu, Vayne and Zyra. Holy shit that game was tough. They got baron twice and us just the one last time. We'd just keep on backdooring. Oh, their Annie went AD, which made her even worse than if she went AP, and we all had mag resist.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I've discovered that this game is way more fun when I borrow El Husband's laptop. My computer just sucks. Turns out this game is actually pretty fun and champs are way easier to play when your computer doesn't lock up, you don't have lag spikes, and your frame rate can keep up.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh yes. For some reason after months and months of acting completely gimped, my laptop has decided it can work again. I can play with volume on and hovering around 60fps, with graphics enabled. Its like having a new game to play all over again. Trying not to play 1,000 games a day.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I burned out a bit on the double IP weekend like 2 months ago. I've only played a few games since then, but being able to play on his laptop makes me more inclined to play a couple times a week.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well knowing you were playing on a shitty computer before explains a few things. When you get a computer and can play at a high framerate, its an entirely different game.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah, my computer just couldn't keep up, even with all the settings turned all the way down. It was great, I played Blitzcrank the other night with some friends and I was on fire. Every grab caught and I think even as support I wracked up around 6 kills. Good shit.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Note to self, never play random games on holidays. You will play with the most retarded fucked up people possible.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah, like a team of FIVE TANKS. What the fuck? They did win (no surprise there). Just fucking stupid.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I call those "tard fights". Played a few no ADC games.

I just kept playing games were Teemo went top, AP Fighter went bottom with a support/tank, against a real ADC with a Sona. Just kept getting spanked. Then I ran into some South American asshole (which automatically lowered winning chances by 75%) who called me an imperialista puta, because I was American and telling him he shouldn't go bot with Kat vs. Ashe. The fucking need to get those assholes their own server!

Then a bunch of ranked guys would come in normal draft and be like "First pick, fuck y'all" and have everyone else play like assholes.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2 for 1 rune pages deal up right now until the 20th. I love how they are so fucking smart. They keep upping Mastery pages, but you have to pay for rune pages. Always stick and carrot.

16. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Anyone have some experience with Ashe? I get absolutely murdered with her - most games I play, the only real contribution I have is to Crystal Arrow some dude's face off.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah. Get armor runes to make you less vulnerable early game, never extend out without a ward, and CS your butt off. Just farm farm farm. As with most AD carries, placement is really important. You need to sit back out of the action and attack the person closest to you in team fights. Don't get caught in the middle of everything because you will go down first or second.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Staying behind your tank is pretty much key. The best strategies I've seen is the carry being just a little out of position, letting jungle/top/tank get into the mix and then the carry coming in once everyone has blown their moves/ults. I'm not a pro carry so it is super hard. FYI, thank god that there will be double IP next Sunday. I'm going to whore.

19. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I haven't been playing at all lately, but Ashe is my go-to AD carry and the only character I've gotten a legit, announced pentakill with. Run AD reds, armor yellows, and [flat/scaling] MR blues with whatever quints - armor pen, movespeed, or AD you feel work best and CS your face off. Harass with volley whenever you get a chance but don't spam it. Max it first, then frost shot. Abuse that awesome passive every time you get back to lane and ESPECIALLY at the very beginning of the game - try to never waste that free crit on a mob.

I always run heal/flash on her. You can healbait and win so many exchanges it's not even funny. Flash for obvious reasons. Positioning is really important - try to spend as much time in lane either behind your minions or in the bushes as possible without missing CS. Volley them if they come up to CS and you can do it without pushing the lane too much. In team fights, ALWAYS stay in the back - if you get caught, you will die because flash is your only escape. Don't be afraid to be a bit twitchy and pop that flash if it's not 100% necessary, because with Ashe if you're at the OSHITFLASH point it's already too late. Do harass with volley as much as you can during that pre-teamfight stage, and learn to manage your frost arrows because they are an excellent chasing tool.

DAT ARROW: It has a really short cooldown, especially at max level, so don't hesitate to shoot it. It's great in lane for blasting your opponent or a ganking jungler right in the mouth, and equally great for long-range snipes. Don't feel bad launching one across the map at top or mid lane every now and then - watch their movement for a bit, and (for example) if your guy wins an exchange, it's actually surprisingly easy to land cross-map arrows on people retreating, because if they ARE juking it's usually to avoid skill shots from your other laners rather than from bot lane - so their rate of speed towards their tower/nexus isn't all that variable. I've gotten a handful of spectacularly trolly kills with full-map arrows, and it's great times all around: your team is impressed, the other team is angry, you feel awesome. But it's most useful use is initiation, so never throw a random one if there's a teamfight imminent. When people do that dance-forward-harass thing, and it's a squishy or (really) anything other than a tank, ping them and arrow them. You can even hang back a bit so they can't see you, tell your team to get ready, ping, and just launch it at the mass of the enemy - if they're clustered and you're a decent distance it's almost a guaranteed win.

Buildwise, it really depends on your support - or if you even have one. If you're splitting CS with someone else in bot lane, Ashe won't shine, period. You really need a no-CS support, and preferably one with good CC. Assuming you DO get lucky with a no-CS support, rush BFS as fast as possible. Start boots/pots, and if you can get an early kill and CS well you can have it before 10 minutes. After that, rush IE, and THEN worry about AS items (I really mean this, if it's going well and you're farming with impunity get the IE before you even get berserkers greaves - just play safe with flash and don't push the lane so you don't get ganked) - zeal to PD or whatever, and pick up a Last Whisper if you need arpen.

If you're unlucky and have a bad start or bad support, stack a few Doran's blades - no more than 3, but 2-3 dorans and zerk shoes isn't the worst start in the world. If you're somewhere weird like top lane, get a Wriggles, zeal, then work towards IE.

That ended up being way long.

20. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, just played a game in which I got my shit stomped in. Diana has a disgusting burst and I couldn't do a thing about it as Janna. Sorry, Parker.