Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

League of Legends Addicts Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Parker, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That Blood Moon Thresh skin is so fucking sick. I don't own Thresh, and don't think I'll ever be good with him, but that skin is hawt.

2. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, not bad.

Attached Files:

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope I get a skin for a champ I play. I'll post mine later tonight.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got Shadow Evelynn. A champ I'm pretty I haven't played even in ARAM for at least a year. Thanks!

5. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When did they make this? Is this old or new?

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is todays comic.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, the write-up didn't pop. Yeah, this shit is awesome.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New Season officially started. Already lost first Provisional game. Had a Draven who didn't know the impact of catching his axes or didn't care to. Also decided to just walk away from his computer for 5 minutes at a time, putting us severely behind.

10. aotke1110

aotke1110
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

From reading the boards it looks like even people winning 70% of their provisional games are getting dropped far. From Platinum to Silver 3 and such. I don't know if I should start mine right away or wait. Do you guys have a feel for certain times that have more trolls, feeders and general shit heads than others?

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's all the same mix. The good people aren't going to wait, and neither are the bad people. Yeah, I've been peeping the boards and a dude in Silver 5, went 6/4 and got dropped to Bronze III. I'm less than optimistic. Might as well get this shit over with and play the most OP champ you can to the top.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went 3-7 in placements. Ended up in Bronze 5. Went on a 7-0 winning streak with Garen getting 30 LP a pop, 2 promotion games, skipped Bronze 4 to Bronze 3. Gonna keep riding this Garen thing. Need to get back to Silver post-haste. Need to get to Gold this season if I deserve it or not.

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So just some observations from playing a good mix of games since the season restarted.

1. I was super pissed that I went 8-2 in my promos and dropped ranks. High S5 to B2.

2. I am somewhat starting to understand what basically happened with the reset. I have seen a lot of people with gold borders play worse than some people in B5. If I had to take a guess, this reset was Riot's way of getting the 3 "90% player base ranks" all together to see the better players actually rise past back into gold and higher. The LP I've been getting for wins is insane. I've been averaging 27-30 for each win and only getting penalized 15-17 for each loss. In theory, if those rates keep up, the people that are actually good will climb ranks pretty quickly, and the people that are actually bad will be continue to stay in the ranks they really should have been in.

3. Having watched a lot of streams lately, I will say when I play with good gold players, you can tell the difference. People who belong in bronze and silver chase kills all around the map, while better players focus objectives. You can tell whose who really easily when you are pushing turrets after a 5v5 fight and there are two people running through the jungle chasing down the last kill instead of pushing the objective when you have a clear advantage. It's very subtle, but it's becoming very apparent who belongs where.

14. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1-4 thus far. This is fucking soul crushing.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All of the above is true. They definitely wanted people to climb again, because on one hand, people are going to be pissed to do it. Again, that satisfaction of winning a series is still going to feel satisfying. That carrot always feels good to get, even though your teammates have been giving you the stick.

The good thing is being able to skip. I pray to god I can skip Bronze II by going ham in Bronze III. I feel like this window of good players still being in Bronze is closing quickly, need to ride it to get the fuck out ASAP. My advice to everyone is to pick the 5-6 champs that are middle line champs. and go HAM with them. Top - Garen (Cho'Gath), Mid - Lissandra (Cho'Gath), Jungle - Xin, ADC - Miss Fortune (Tristana), Support - Karma. That's it. If I can't get one of those champs in one of those lanes I'm really going to talk to my team. They're also not banned often, with the exception of Tristana.

16. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reset to Bronze IV. Holy shit I hate this game.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I told you it was going to be horrible. Pick 1 champion and just go HAM. I'm like 13-4 with Garen, just giving no fucks really pushing it. I skipped Bronze IV, as I started in Bronze V. So it would be worse. Now I'm in Bronze II, the fight out is real, but I keep getting matched with former Silvers so it hasn't been horrible.

18. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

League at it's finest.
    [​IMG]

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This weekend was a slaughter for me. I was up +8 in wins, knocking on Bronze I. Just had the worst teammates this weekend. I'd win one lose two over and over again. Also, people are just such idiotic copycats. Jarvan and Vi have always been strong junglers and now the slightest perception of strength means you're getting 1 in every match. It's so damn silly.

20. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

So apparently over the weekend this post occured which made me want to shake my cane at kids and tell them to get off my lawn.

PA once again touches on LoL and it pretty much gives the same response I would've given.
    [​IMG]