Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

League of Legends Addicts Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Parker, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's fucking hilarious if they troll like that. I don't buy champs with anything but IP so it doesn't matter. They probably accepted the MS paint drawings if they thought it was a kid, but if they think its an adult they'll probably troll you. How many drawings have you submitted? Post them immediately!

2. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been playing Kog'maw and alistar this week since they are the free to play champs. I'm really liking both of them, but Kog'maw has such a high IP cost that I'm not sure if I want to buy him or just buy a bunch of cheaper ones.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're new, hold off on buying the big champs. Get one of each category first on the lower levels. Plus I don't know anyone that LOVES Kog'maw. He's a fun carry, but I think there's better high IP champs.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

When I started, I would always play Ashe. Always. And I'd always get killed by champs because I didn't understand that they could pull an x,y,z move on me. If you're new, it's okay to get really good with just one champ. But go ahead and take the time, since you're not level 30 yet, to play different champs each week. It gives you an overall better understanding of how everything works together and how to play.

I still play Ashe a bit and I am a way better laning buddy than I was before. There are still champs that I haven't gotten around to playing because they simply do not appeal to me, but I've teamed up with and gone against all of them at this point. Also having people to talk to with a mumble/skype/whatever program really helps coordinate things and explain the strategy of what is going on.

5. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I won a game with a leaver at lvl 10 and an 0/16 Sion on my team. Pretty much 3 v 5. Satisfying.

6. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Maybe this is common knowledge, but everyone should switch their QWER to smartcast instead of regular point and click. Makes an enormous difference, especially with casters, because you can dump combos into peoples faces as quickly as you can mash your keyboard without having to push, aim, click. I used to have trouble hitting entire combos (Veigar's stun-aoe-DFG-q-r combo, or Kass's tele-wave-silence-tele) having to activate the skill and then click on moving targets for each step. The half second per skill smartcasting saves turns it from "walk away from this idiot" to "wtfhax" lifebar-melting powah. Only real difficulty is getting used to skillshot ranges, especially with the longer ones (Lux's LAZOR, Xerath's siege mode), but you can generally shoot them in fountain once or twice to get used to the range, or hover over the icon to check. I've found that with no practice at all I can usually get the range figured in a minute or two on most skills, and the tradeoff for super combo power is definitely worth an occasional underestimation. Highly recommend it.

Also, smartcasting is why Cassiopeia is so overpowered - point and click she can only get 2 fangs after poison before CDs hit, with smartcasting on you can get 3 if I recall correctly which is entirely broken and will knock out about 60%-70% of a lifebar early on.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I haven't jumped on smartcasting yet but I definitely think I will. I've been playing with a lot of LeBlanc and I don't think I've missed too much but slow reaction time. Just need to land that damn chain better.

8. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you aren't getting a kill every time you hit 6, smartcasting will make it so. You can buffer your q into the blink (w?), so as soon as the blink finishes the q will shoot, then as soon as you can push r it procs the silence, then you shoot chains before they even have a chance to move, and are too busy being silenced to flash away. Smartcasting makes all that take about a half a second total and does dirty dirty things to everyone. Even without the ult part the blink-q-chain-blink combo coming out in a fraction of a second is way more burst than most any mid is prepared to deal with. You''d be amazed how much more fluid it makes it feel.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The adjustment to smartcast is pretty damn rough. I probably have to play a few bot games to get used to it.

Also they finally announced the next patch will contain full Spectator Mode.

<a class="postlink" href="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/next-patch-full-release-spectator-mode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/next ... tator-mode</a>

10. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did everyone get a 10win IP boost?

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I just checked and yes, I did.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah they tossed that in for fucking up for the last two weeks.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just went 14-0-1 with LeBlanc. Full Mejai's Soulstealer in 23 minutes. Incredible.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Double IP Weekend on right now.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I went ahead and bought a 3 day IP boost, too. I figured if I was going to play a bunch of games to farm IP I might as well do it right.

16. Nirvana

Nirvana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fusp6idi-3w[/youtube]

Apparently they're nerfing Darius a bit. Can't say I'm surprised considering how strong he is.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They need to Nerf him, if played decently, he's impossible to solo. His passive with his W is too much bleed damage, then his ult just finished it all off. I'm so happy they're nerfing Ahri, she's impossible to mid against unless they have runes set-up stupid. Her HP grows way too much and people get way tanky with her.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

So the doubling up of IP and a bought 3 day IP bonus didn't stack as they said it would. I hope they fix it retroactively. i never buy RP, the $20 RP card was a gift, so I hate that it was wasted like that.

19. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm pretty new to League of Legends but I was an 8 year DotA player and I'm a quick learner. Second game (granted against total noobs) I went like 10-1. I'm up to level 13 and still getting the hang of all the runes and other stuff but if you're interested in playing non-ranked games, I'm all for it until I get more experience.

ID: GotaHemmi

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in the middle of a Jax lovefest right now. He's absolutely ridiculous. Mid-Late game he can practically 2v1 people. Its glorious. I can't wait for Draven. This little weekend has given me ample IP to buy him on day one depending if I like what I see in the video. I need a definitive AD Carry, and I think Draven will be it for me.