Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

League of Legends Addicts Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Parker, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck it, I've gone and done it now. Someone had to do this.

Here is the current list I got.

Parker - Javane
    PenetrationStation - Solcon
    HotWheelz - TheWheelz
    Konatown - Konatown
    Artic-Scrap - Hammsburglar
    Lindgren - ElAhraihrah
    Diablo - Devildogkill
    AwwwSNAP - AwwwSnap13
    Likwid - LikwidNinja
    bewildered - RLC
    Flagrant - Fitznoozly
    Ycoseth - Ycoseth
    Nirvana - PEI Falcon
    Firefnd1982 - Firefnd
    ArmsAkimbo - Richard the 3rd
    Nirvana - Nerd Räge
    Thorgouge - Thorgouge1

2. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably about time we started this up. I was going to play a couple games this weekend but ended up getting really hooked on Xenoblade Chronicles. I will definitely be playing some more here and there, fair warning though if you want to play a round with me I am still a big time 'noob'.

You can add me to the list:
    Fernanthonies - Fernanthonies

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When it comes to doing premades, maybe even we can move to ranked with enough practice, I'm basically going Normal Draft only. Its basically practice rank matches.

4. burned ice cube

burned ice cube
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You can add me on that list. I usually only play pretty late at night though

Name: TappeditTwice

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, not sure if you guys have heard of JabeBot. Someone created an account that queries the LoL open database for stats. Add him as a summoner then !help for options. You chat him and he pings back stats. You can check summoners and champions (and champion passives). So I can type in !pstats Javane and get my ranked W/L + Elo, then Normal W/L and Dominion W/L. I unfortunately did this with half the TiB players and learned I'm about the worst out of the group.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's ok, you're not worse than me!

I play pretty often with El Husband and his friends. Then I have a group of people I play with who are way better than I am. They are nice enough to tell me what I should be doing during the game and it helps my performance in the game and overall.

I'm no where near ready for a ranked game.

7. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh snap, I completely forgot about this game for the past 6 months. Gonna be odd to start up again with all the new characters...

8. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I went on a 6 game streak yesterday and brought my elo up to 1400, then today had my game client error out during champ select and lose us the game when i got a horrendous pick randomed for me. I was not very excited. Still at 1383 though. Winrar!

For the next month or so ill be playing though, then d3 all the way. If anyone wants to play let me know. Except parker, hes kind of an asshole.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I need to get my ping issues resolved. I think my computer is just crapping out. This past week I've been freezing in game pretty bad. I went through and did a system clean on my computer, hopefully that clears things up.

10. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I just started to play. I'm pretty horrible, but am learning a bit. If you just want to kill a game or two, I'm always looking for a couple people to play with when I'm online.

tag is Kalarr

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm less of an asshole now that my computer is working WAY better. Having full use of my CPU helps the FPS stay above 20. Just had two terrible games with LeBlanc when I'm usually pro with her. First game was mostly a terrible team, second game was bad on my part and a match-up vs Ahri who is meaty vs a glass cannon. I hate Ahri.

12. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Pretty much the same for me. Went through all the spotlights for champions that have been released since I've been gone, but it's still pretty difficult to remember all the new stuff to look out for in team battles.

Sucks that they nerfed the blue buff. No more permaulti on anivia. Which I guess is good for balance, but killing the entire enemy team with anivia + support was hilarious.

13. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I might try to play a game or two tomorrow. Dr Mundo is free this week and I've been wanting to try him out.

Also, for some reason, I seem to own Corki on my account. All I've ever done that I can remember, prior to about a week and a half ago when the girlfriends brother noticed I had him, was install the game and play 1-2 tutorial battles. Nice little bonus, I just have no idea how that happened.

14. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If anyone has questions on champions I regularly play Fiddlesticks, Sion, Mordekaiser, Jax, Xin Zhao, Malzahar, and Xerath.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My best champions are Pantheon, Mordekaiser, Sivir, Cassiopeia, Vladimir and Akali. LeBlanc is a work in progress. Amumu gets his own category because he's easy as shit to use.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Seems like some things never change. Patch day still means a queue position of "over 20000"

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You must have just got your patch today. We got ours over here yesterday. Heca is a beast if used correctly. I believe he should be played tanky because his ult is so damn sudden an is a fear which can really help wout the rest of the team. He can definitely save some team fights if it is timed correctly.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pro-Tip
    If you buy a skin you don't like, I mean, REALLY don't like. You feel that you were robbed, or worse. You can get an unofficial one-time refund. I purchased the Sivir Warrior Princess skin that looks fucking terrible. Not only that I lost the game, which is never a good sign. I requested a refund very nicely and gingerly mentioning I know it was an unofficial one time thing and they gave it back to me.

20. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You can also get refunds for champs if you ask really nicely. 'Policy' when I got mine was that you could get as many as 3 refunded, but I'm not sure if that still stands or was ever really a thing to begin with. They'll also give you some RP (like 1-3) if you ask for it cuz you're really close to a new champ and submit a league of legends-related MS paint drawing. But they do have a reputation for trolling and giving people 1 too few for whatever it is they want.