Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Last Chance Domino's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scotchcrotch, Jan 28, 2010.

1. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't think I've had Domino's Pizza since I was in 4th grade at the hotel in Rochester for one of my surgeries. In my adult years i've heard it's shitty so I've stayed away.

To me the best Pizza is any mom & pop, non-chain pizza. Of the Chains though it's Papa Murphys, Papa Johns, then at a distant third is Pizza Hut. I went to a small shitty college and the small town had a Pizza Hut. I used to go there for the lunch buffet once and a while. It became a game of "can I make it to the toilet!" Anything but their thin crust gives me ass piss.

I'm not supprised. Their pizza is shit. The only reason you go there is to stuff yourself with desert pizza.

2. elo

elo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Look, every pizza place has it's niche. If you want a box of doughy bread with a little sauce and cheese on top, order Papa Johns. If you like plastic in your crust, order Pizza Hut. But sometimes it was just really nice to order a really greasy pizza. And the go-to guys for that kind of grub WAS Dominos. It scratched an itch, and fed a craving.

Now there's no reason to order the shit at all. It's just like others, fluffy and faux fancy.

More people need to embrace who they are. Embrace their brand. Fuck hiring some cocksuckers in some drab cubicle circus to "rebrand" your image. How about love yourself and stake claim to the "Greasiest pizza this side of the Rio Grande!"

And as a side note, when did all these fucking pizza places start adding a $2.50 "delivery fee".. trying to sneak that shit in the back door? It's what you fucking do! Deliver. You don't even have a single table in your whole fucking "restaraunt". So don't try to nickle nancy me on the backend with some pizza chain conspiracy bullshit fee. I used to tip 5 bucks, now I tip $2.50 just to send a message (I know.. hardcore suburban rebellion). I don't know if the drivers get that "delivery fee" or not, but if they don't they need to rise up and demand that shit from the man.

3. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Domino's was my life first year university. The goddamn school had a contract with Domino's to use our meal plan cards to order from them. I'd say we had Domino's 3 - 4 times a week during that year. It was shit. But we were given a year long supply of 2-for-1 coupons. It was a hard offer to refuse.

I can't really eat that shit too much anymore. I went to the all you can eat Pizza Hut buffet in town the other week and felt like shit for a few days after. I think every town needs to have a pizza place that makes good, authentic pizza. Full of flavour, not grease.

My favourite pizza place: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.salvatorespizza.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.salvatorespizza.ca/</a>

They make incredible pizza. They're a restaurant that very few people even know of in Halifax. What's better: even those who know of the restaurant usually don't read the last page of the menu. The Pepperoni and Salami Hero Sandwich is one of the greatest things I've ever eaten in my life. I had one over the Christmas break while I was home, and fuck was it good. Alas, I won't be having one for another 3 months...

4. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Vanilla- You are the second person to rave about Salvatores hero sandwich's to me this week. I will have to get one ASAP. I have lived in Halifax all my life and dont think I have ever eaten there, for shame.

5. goats

goats
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I've actually tried the "new" dominos pizza for research purposes. I, too, live in NY, and 100% favor the mom and pops. Hell, a 99 cent pizza place owned by Mexicans just opened around the corner from me, and it's pretty solid--and obviously kicks the shit out of any chain. I will say that the new recipe for dominos is actually better than the shit they used to put out, and in my opinion way better than Papa Johns, which I think totally sucks. I know some people like the cardboardlike old dominos pizza, but I think the new pizza actually has some tolerable flavor and is a slight improvement. I also think their marketing campaign is smart, as it is definitely getting people to "try it again," which should boast first quarter numbers and, hopefully, beyond.

6. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Because of this thread, and I don't feel like catering to the pallets of a six and eight year-old, I'm watching my order online leaving Dominos right now. I guess their advertising campaign is working after all.

7. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Domino's new pizza is still a steaming pile of shit, just dressed up in a shiny new package, as far as I'm concerned. Sure their crust may have a little bit of garlic salt and butter on it to cover up the cardboard taste and texture, and their sauce might have a couple extra pinches of shitty dried herbs, but I'd still rather eath a slightly less shitty $5 hot-and-ready pizza from Little Ceasar's.

Anyway, being in the Detroit area we have no shortage of quality pizza places within shouting distance. As far as national or regional chains go, I'm a pretty big fan of Jets Pizza, Hungry Howies (best GREASY pizza) and Papa Romanos. Still, I never really eat those because we also have fantastic local places like Buddy's (sicilian style) and Pizza Papalis (chicago style). There's also a LOT of mom and pops places in the downriver area that have awesome NY style pizza, my favorite's being a little hole-inthe-wall delivery only place called Sportsman's and another joint down the street called Mickey's.

In short: Fuck Dominos. I probably wouldn't eat their pizza again if I was homeless and starving.

8. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard they're bringing back the Noid.