Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Lady Gaga is the Voice of a Generation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, May 27, 2012.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can we include "art" type artists as well? (Painters, sculptors, and such?)

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Sure, whatever bugs you.

3. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Not just overplayed... Also over-printed.
    [​IMG]

#23 Angel_1756, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Tell me that's you. That's hilarious. I wouldn't be able to hand out that card with a straight face.

#24 FreeCorps, May 28, 2012
  5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thats not her fault. She's exceptionally talented and by all accounts seems to be a genuinely kind, fun and sincere person. She's about the exact opposite of this list and thats probably why her songs are so overplayed cause people want to hear them.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, since I got approval from the newest mod, here goes.

I think Andy Warhol sucks.

7. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Most pop and hip-hop are shit, but I forgive it because there's usually a tongue-in-cheekness to it. Sure Nikki Minaj is never going to write the next "Freebird," but she also isn't trying to. She's trying to earn another million dollars, and she pretty transparent about it.

But I fucking hate "strip-club rock." Misogyny aside, the machismo posturing that these shitdicks try to display would make Kurt Cobain want to get addicted to heroin and kill himself. I was in college when "Crazy Bitch" was big, and it always managed to ruin my night for some reason. Fuck you Buckcherry.

But then the other night I heard this song. Seriously, I though this shitty rock caught AIDS and died in the 80s.

#27 BeCoolBitch_BeCool, May 28, 2012
  8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Presumably you have reasons?

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You don't have to "think" ANYTHING. He does suck. Explain to me why a school-level "painting" of a can of Campbell's soup sells for $30 million dollars and I'll give you all the money I have.

Warhol qualified as an artist simply because he was different for the time (i.e gay, creepy and megalomanical) but he was NOT a good artist. His paintings sucked, his movies REALLY sucked, and he hung out with the most repulsive people.

10. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

However, he did bankroll and publicize a good deal of the Velvet Underground's early work, which puts him light years ahead of a lot of people.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

THAT I will credit him for. Velvet & Nico is possibly the coolest album ever made, and Lou Reed is a songwriting God. However, Velvet Underground is Lou Reed's band, and not Warhol's.

12. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Listen, I understand why someone would not exactly be into Andy Warhol, but this post shows that you don't have any idea what Pop Art is, or have even really bothered looking into what it was about whatsoever. I would think that the philosophy behind the whole movement would actually be something you'd be into, judging from what I can tell about you over the internet.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"OH! Oh, Oh, Oh! Can I be Bono? Please, pretty please can i be Bono? Listen, I can sound like him! Close your eyes, and tell me most of what I write and sing doesn't sound like U2. It does doesn't it? Doesn't it? It's my turn to be Bono, goddamnit!"

#33 Misanthropic, May 29, 2012
  14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's sad that my girl Jenna Haze had to take time out of her early career to follow Dope around as a groupie fucking that singer. Join a band kids, join a band.

Not a band but a whole genre of bullshit I hate.... Pop country music. Im not going to claim Im a purist and only listen x,y,z real country musicians, since I really don't. But I have plenty of friends who love this bullshit. I generally can't tell one artist from another since they ALL SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME. If you put a mix tape of Jason Aldien, Toby Keith, Tim Mcgraw, or any other pop country singer together, you couldn't pick one from another if your life depended on it. Same derivative sound, lyrics, and attitude. I remember hearing about this new amazing Zac Brown Band, he's the new Jimmy Buffet* don't you know!?!?! No it's shitty country pop music singing about sand in your toes and Coronas. He fucking sucks just as bad as everyone else. The only thing THE ONLY thing country music has going for it, is the following of retardedly hot, yet can be very vapid, girl fans. Hoooray, your music attracts hot girls in higher percentages than other genres. Your music still fucking sucks hippo nuts.

15. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Because rich fuckers have $30 million dollars to waste? I mean if you like Warhol's work you can do a lot better than that particular piece; if I had $30 million that I could only spend on Warhol art I'd certainly do a hell of a lot better.

16. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

If I had $30 mil to blow I'd have Yoshitaka Amano make me a custom painting. Hell yes.

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait. You're seriously wondering about those, but are OK with listening to POD?

Hmm. Well then. I'm embarassed to admit EVER owning a POD album, and at least I can claim I was 12 at the time. I was under the impression it was like admitting to attending a Creed concert.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It seems your music taste have evolved as your taste in drugs evolved. But really POD? Like the butt rock band from the turn of the millennium?

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

FTFY

Here's the chorus for PODs Alive:

I feel so alive
    For the very first time
    I can't deny you
    I feel so alive
    I feel so alive
    For the very first time
    And I think I can fly

Lyrical geniuses.

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, we all have embarrassing shit that we've listened to. I'm just amused that he thinks that POD is a Respectable Band for Adult People when everyone else lumps them in with the rest of late 1990s nu metal silliness. That, and they're super-big Jesus freaks.