Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Lady Gaga is the Voice of a Generation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, May 27, 2012.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

But not in Indonesia. Apparently death threats are enough for the weirdo, meat-wearing chick to cancel tour dates.

Who are your most hated artists? Any particular song that makes you want to stab your eyes out? A band that drives you fucking nuts?

For me, one of my worst bands are Great Big Sea. I used to manage an Irish pub, and everyone knew I was on shift when a GBS song came on and it immediately skipped because I can't stand them.

Listen at your own peril:

#1 Dcc001, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope he fades into obscurity surrounded by cats and the knowledge that he produced wildly overrated commercial pop.

#2 AlmostGaunt, May 27, 2012
  3. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bring you... Brokencyde.

They aren't even music. They are anti-music. I'm pretty sure they're a troll band; there is no way that a band can be this shitty.

#3 Omegaham, May 28, 2012
  4. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Starship. Or is it Jefferson Starship? Who knows and who cares? The strains of We Built this City could honestly drive me to murder. I truly believe that if I go to hell, it won't be fire and brimstone but instead will consist of me tied to a chair with that song playing over and over again.

Just typing this post is making me want to punch something. Fucking HATE it! So fucking ridiculous.

Aaaarrgggghhhhhhhh!!!

On a positive note, I will never forget the moment that my ex fiancé and I realized we both equally loathe that song...it was the moment I knew I wanted to marry him. Nothing says romance than shared hatred of Starship. Nothing.

5. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate myself for even looking that video up on YouTube. These guys define "Oxygen Thiefs".

Their name sucks, as does anyone who uses "LOL" and "OMG" in conversation. They look stupid. And I one of the things that I hate most about them, is that other people are somehow into them. I question humanity every day when I hear the ridiculous shit that they're into.

If you can't listen to a type of music on a road trip, it's not good.

#5 guernica, May 28, 2012
  6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, for me, its OAR. Not that their music is patently offensive, they seem like good enough dudes who make fairly generic radio accessible jam band music. Its their fans who act like they are the SHIT. They completely capitalized on the Dave Matthews Band music trend with a quarter of the talent. Hate on DMB all you will, that is a group of stupidly talented musicians lead by a polarizing frontman who is a pretty great lyricist. Meanwhile, OAR uses the same damn chord progressions over and over and has some of the most laughable lyrics ever. Meanwhile, legions of Midwestern kids act like they are musical geniuses and the voice of a generation. From their biggest hit, "Crazy Game of Poker"

"So I said Johnny whatcha doing tonight?
    He looked at me with a face full of fright
    And I said, how bout a revolution?
    And he said right."

Its nonsensical garbage. And god forbid you hear the 20+ min live version like I did at a bar more than once, its beyond mundane and repetitive. Yet again, their fratstar fanbase goes crazy over them and HOLY SHIT, they have a Sax player?!!?!? BEST BAND EVER. Fuck that fanbase and their generic music.

7. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As previously mentioned those asshats in LMFAO but one that really drives me up the wall is anything by Pitbull.

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't see some of those videos due to formatting, so if this is a repeat, tough shit.

Foster the People makes me want to stick hot knitting needles in both ears. I got a pumped up kick for ya, right here.

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Focus: Who are your most hated artists? Any particular song that makes you want to stab your eyes out? A band that drives you fucking nuts?

Béla Bartók. That guy's an asshole. He wrote shmultzy crap and rode Liszt's coattails to fame. Fuck him in his ass.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I can't stand Nikki Minaj. I think she's trying way too hard to be edgy and interesting. Her popularity makes me feel old because I just don't understand her appeal. Her Grammy performance made me want to gauge my eyes put with a plastic spork.

I also can't stand a slew of contemporary country artists. The lyrics are terrible with little to no story, a lot of them can't sing, and the music sounds like generic nothingness. Examples: Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Taylor Swift, etc.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if it is the same amongst people a few years older or outside of New England, but Dispatch also tends to evoke cultish devotion and fascination amongst the jam-bro set. They (to be honest, in high school, we) gather around campfires and as soon as someone breaks out an acoustic guitar and starts strumming the opening chords of "The General," SHIT IS GOING DOWN. To this day, I can't figure out precisely why people were so pleased with Dispatch. It's all decent music, but it's extremely typical for the "bro in flip flops and cargo shorts" genre.

I second Foster the People. I hated that song and can't escape it.

You know what isn't fun? The band Fun.

It would be nice if Jason DeRulo could do anything as well as he sings his own name:

I can't stand Vampire Weekend's overly cutesy, quirky instrumentation and pretentious lyrics. You WOULD call a song Horchata, you fucks.

Karmin is the fucking worst. I admit, I was impressed by their Chris Brown cover: she sounded better than Brown/Busta. That being said, their original output is unimaginably terrible. Luckily, the tide seems to have turned on them, and they seem to be persona non grata amongst reviewers and such these days.

Tangent: I just found out that Kid Rock's Devil Without a Cause (the one with that Baw-wit-da-baw song) is the highest selling hip-hop album of all time. I no longer want to live on this world.

#11 MoreCowbell, May 28, 2012
  12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I second Nikki Minaj. Fuck her and the stupid shit she spews out.

Also I dont get the hype over Dave Matthews Band. Its just so fucking preppy.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think a lot of it is that it seems just non-conformist enough to get their blood racing (He's a hippie! Weed! Sandals! Sometimes he doesn't wear shoes! Crazy black sax man!) without any actual pushing of boundaries.

It's just so mellow!

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't like the Beatles.

15. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I don't know who any of these people are.*

*Except the Beatles, Gaga and DMB. Not a fan of any of them.

Edit: I'm also afraid to click on the videos. The still frame shots of some of these people look unbelievably douchey.

16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

17. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Five Finger Death Punch. They even beat Nickelback in the suckage category.

Adele. I will admit that I thought she was okay when I first heard her. But I am not sure there has ever been a more overplayed artist. It has gotten to a point where I will be happy if I never hear one of her songs ever again.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Hollywood Undead
    Why I'm glad I live in Canada: because shit like THESE phoney-tough poseurs get no play here. Absolutely the worst thing to happen to rap music, and that includes Soulja Boy and Nelly's "Grillz". Whoever thinks this is good music should be shot and pissed on. You have to be fucking KIDDING ME that these assclowns were signed to a label. I've heard puppies dying in fires that are more listenable.

Kings of Leon
    "Dull". That is what this band is. Boring, dull, yawn-inducing whiney music with no hooks, no rhythm, and no movement whatsoever. And ladies, stop telling me how talented their drunk, walk-off-the-stage singer is. He isn't even in the top one million singers in the world, so get over yourself.

Counting Crows
    Sure, "Mr. Jones" was a great song. The problem is, these guys decided to keep making MORE songs afterwards, and they're pretty much exclusively irritating.

The Strokes
    Overrated, monotoned college rock that somehow sells millions. You tell me, cause I can't figure out this boring band's popularity.

Limp Bizkit
    My biggest "I Told You So" of all time. EVERYBODY liked them, I didn't, and would constantly tell everyone how much they'll want to forget them in five years. I love being right. Balding, fat-assed, none-too-bright Florida swamptrash that caught a cosmic break in the Realm of Stupidity.

19. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I first heard this song, it got stuck in my head for awhile. I actually kind of liked it at first. But the overwhelming tribute/ parody/ celebrities dancing to this song videos have ruined this chick for me. I just dislike it because it's become so overplayed. The same thing happened for me with Hanson after the first six months. I kind of love Hanson now (their new stuff is catchy and doesn't play on the radio enough for me to get sick of it.) but I couldn't stand them when I was 14.

#19 lostalldoubt86, May 28, 2012
  20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Maybe I was wrong oabout Hollywood Undead.

See if you can catch a taste of THIS basassery:

#20 Crown Royal, May 28, 2012