Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Knockoff Chick-Fil-A Sandwiches

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by bewildered, Oct 8, 2018.

1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I use the Serious Eats food blog for my recipe. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/homemade-chick-fil-a-sandwiches-recipe.html
    The seasoning is correct but the recipe makes a slightly too crunchy patty compared to the real thing. Friday night I cooked up a 5# pack of chicken breast into this and it made about 17 patties and a large tray's worth of nuggets. I also used powdered red pepper flakes instead of cayenne and I got a spicy sandwich. Then I used my food saver and after everything cooled, I packed and froze the bulk of it. We had dinner last night and I pulled out 3 of the frozen patties. Once they are re-baked they are not quite as crunchy as freshly made and they taste just like the real thing. Be sure you have dill pickle chips and a freshly buttered bun or it won't be the same.

[​IMG]

#1 bewildered, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018