Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Kids wear the darnest things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My entire childhood from birth until 10 years old consisted of me wearing onesies.

[​IMG]

Note: Despite the fact that my eyes look too far apart and it doesnt look like I had an upper lip, I didnt have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

2. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't have any pictures, but I'm told my older sister used to dress me up. In dresses. Then, grocery shopping.

It's no wonder I don't remember, it certainly seems to deserve being repressed.

3. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I totally wore these to school (minus the sequins) with black tights. I thought I was the coolest cat. Sad. So sad.

[​IMG]

My grandparents brought new ones home for me every time they came back from their Winter stays in Mexico.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I've always been a smooth dresser.

[​IMG]

I still have that little clip-on red bow tie. Things like that should never be lost.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. And, I have pictures somewhere - not sure if I can find them. I have two older sisters, and there are various pictures of me in a tutu, girl scout uniform and the like. I'll see what I can dig up for your enjoyment. Sickos.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Little to lazy to find and scan an old pic. I spent a lot of my youth thinking I was super slick in bright neon colored wind breaker suits. My mom could make them as classy as any store bought ones. They looked similar to this:

Spoilered for size:
    [​IMG]

7. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I have plenty of pictures that show early promise that one day I would grow up to write about fashion, but I narrowed it down to one:

[​IMG]

I'm not positive, but since the collar peeking out from my fashionable tee matches those alluring pants I'm wearing, I think those alluring pants may be a jumpsuit? The pink sneakers really tops everything off perfectly. My tomboy phase was much, much worse, but I'm too embarrassed to put up those pictures.

One fashion purchase that I was incredibly proud of was in fifth grade, when I got a pair of platform Vans sneakers. This is the closest picture I can find on Google:

[​IMG]

I thought I was the freaking coolest in those shoes, and let's face it, since it was the 90s/early 00s I actually was. I could go on and on about fashion mistakes, so i'll leave it at that.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Yep, I remember seeing pictures of me as a baby dressed up in a baby sailor outfit. I'd post a picture but when I was about 10 or 11 I decided I was extremely embarrassed about all my baby pictures and went through my family's albums and destroyed them all. Needless to say, my parents were not happy about that. I fear to even bring it up now (I'm 32) to my mother because I don't need to receive a death glare.

9. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is only one redeeming thing about this picture, the jacket.

Attached Files:

• Me.JPG
      Me.JPG
      File size:
      42 KB
      Views:
  10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents didn't take me for a haircut until I was two years old. My hair was absolutely fucking ridiculous.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents let me choose my haircut growing up. When I was about 5, my absolute favorite show was McGyver. I learned to tell time based on the length of McGyver episodes (another story entirely). So naturally, I had a pretty prodigious Richard Dean Anderson mullet. Well after about a year, I added yet another element. One of my favorite basketball players at the time had a white man's spiked flat top. Thus I had spiked flatop hair on top with a full out mullet in the back. It was absolutely absurd. And I wore that for a solid 5-6 years. The pictures are so horrifying that its not even embarrassing anymore, its just me as a kid. I'll see if I can find them.

Oh yeah, and for a large part of that time, I only wore zubas and sports team sweatshirts, usually they were matching based on the team. Flyest motherfucker in the room, yeah you know its me.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I got this for one of my developers when he had his first kid.

Yes, it's a geek thing.

[​IMG]

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You want the 1980's? Oh, I'll GIVE you the 1980's. A little flourescent to brighten up your day, hmmmmm? How's about a flourescent jacket and hat, stone washed/eleastic cuffed jeans and British Knights super high-tops?

Me on the right (gotta love my Dad's 1971 day-glo Beetle). Ladies, for your viewing pleasure. This is circa 1988:

[​IMG]

EDIT: yes, I had horrible buck teeth. That's why I had to wear braces for nearly five years.

14. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I guess this is a recurring theme. I know there are some pictures of me wearing my older sister's old ballet outfits.

I loved elastic-cuffed pants when I was a kid. I also had lines shaved into the sides of my head Vanilla Ice style for entirely too long.

15. Jason Mc

Jason Mc
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

None of the things I wore were all that interesting, but I did rock cut-off jorts (bugle boy and jordache, naturally) every summer. In 3rd grade I saw an older kid on the school bus with jorts that were hemmed at the leg. I thought his grandma could sew really well.

Queue years later realizing that not all jean shorts were at one point actually jeans. Nice.

16. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently even long before I was an antisocial anime nerd my parents were buying me clothes that made me look like an antisocial anime nerd

[​IMG]

17. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I grew up during the 90s. I had the stirrup leggings with scrunchy socks over them. I had the t-shirt tied in a knot on my hip with a hair scrunchy. I also completely rocked the sideways pony tail complete with bangs. On the days that I wore shorts I also wore Jelly shoes.

18. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too. I don't know if I can scan a picture or not...

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And, for those who messaged me demanding to see it in all its glory, enjoy...

The best part is that appears to be after a recent haircut. It used to get alot longer on top.

Attached Files:

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll have to see if I can find it, but there's a pic of me and my brother dressed in Nehru jackets, circa 1968. Groovy, man.

And polyester "leisure suits" circa 1976, complete with white shoes and white belt. At the age of 13, I looked like the fashion "Mini Me" version of my great uncle Tony. No wonder I started drinking.