Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Justified Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Riggins, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Raylan Givens is back. I definitely like the way this season has started up, again with multiple plot lines that are bound to converge. Boyd Crowder, Ava, the new Dixie Mafia hitman -- this season is definitely going to be must-watch.

The look on Dickie's face at the end when he sees Boyd in jail was priceless.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just caught this, one of my favorite shows because its relatively simple, but extremely well done. Every show doesn't have to be some high level thinking drama. The show mixes comedy, action, and great acting from Boyd who by far is my favorite character on the show. Boyd and Raylan's relationship is the best "hero" "villian" relationship since Heat.

I'm also in favor anytime you add Neil McDonough as a bad guy. He also looks like he hasn't aged in 15 years. Holy shit, I just looked up his IMDB, man its a great read. He played M. Bison in that shitpile of a Chung-Li Street Fighter movie. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0568180/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0568180/</a>

3. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The preview for the rest of the season had me bouncing in my seat like a little girl.

4. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The writers must have so much fun on this show. Who wouldn't like to write a character like Raylan Givens? (though apparently Timothy Olyphant is sort of douchey about the writing process)

The dialogue in this show is pitch perfect. Raylan's line at the end of this episode is going to stick with me for a long time. Pure badass.

5. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Remind me to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever play a game of Harlan Roulette.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just when you think you're out, THEY PUT A FUCKING BULLET IN YOUR HEAD.

But dude, fellow Lost fan, I'm loving Jeremy Davies as Dickey. I think that he will have a pretty significant role in how shit plays out.

7. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, and damn him for being such a good actor. I used to hate him with a passion all because of his character being such a worthless pussy in Saving Private Ryan, but after Lost and Justified I really can't fault him anymore.

I know this isn't his fault but every time I see Limehouse all I can hear in my head is, "On a good day in Harlan you can catch over 100 pounds of shrimp.."

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every episode of this season has been on point. Good to watch some quality TV that doesn't have some super hidden message or philosophical high falutin bullshit behind it. "She was surprised I shot her." That chick was cute as fuck though.

9. magz

magz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow. Season finale last night, and it was a good one. Once Limehouse chopped Robert Quarles's arm clean off towards the end, I knew the show had stepped up their game. Jesus Christ.

Overall I have been very pleased with Justified. I followed the first season almost all the way through, and thought it was good but still had some developing to do. I did not watch the second season due to having too many other things going on at the time, but I did watch all of season three and felt like the show had definitely progressed. Very good writing, good acting, and a good amount of violence and fucked up situations (god bless FX shows).

I will definitely follow season four when it comes out.

10. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You didn't watch the second season? Your god damned name is the same as the primary antagonist. The second season was fantastic and won at least one emmy award. Seriously, go back and watch it. It was season two that made me a believer in this show.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I think season 2 was WAY better than season 1 and better than season 3. The characters were better, and the subplots were just better layered. This season seemed pretty streamlined into one thing. Last season it was two separate story lines going on with multiple factions involved. This time it was multiple factions but all one storyline. Not as interesting, but I love how this show doesn't try to be super symbolic, it just executes.