Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Justified Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mad5427, Feb 10, 2011.

1. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just watched the first episode of the second season. I ended up really liking the first season. He's very much like an old west type law-man. He's very much a good guy but doesn't take shit and will kill quickly to get the job done. It can be a little farfetched at times, but entertaining nonetheless.

I liked how this season just picked up right where the last left off. I really liked how even though he's a shoot first ask questions later type guy, there are repercussions. They showed a little bit how there is a shit ton of paperwork and a mess when you act like him. Although he gets the job done, he probably causes almost as many problems as he solves.

The show does move a little slow at times, but I think that's what makes it work. The plots are slow to build, but it does build.

Anybody else watching this show?

2. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the first season the plots didn't build slow enough in my opinion. I hate the whole solve one crime each episode bullshit they did through a lot of it.

I hope they stay away from that this season and it looks like they will do so. The new crime boss Mags looks pretty fucking devious. And it is good to see Raylan grow a bit as a character and do his best to avoid OK corral situations.

Also, I just read the novella that the show is based on (Fire in the Hole) and it is pretty great. Here is a free link that doesn't break any laws, but it is hard as shit to read on there. PM me if you want a link to the whole book in .pdf format.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was attracted to the show initially last season because it supposedly took place where I used to live(Lexington, Kentucky). They really laid the redneck shit on pretty thick for calling it Lexington, Kentucky. Also, a woman as hot as Ava would never live in a backwoods place like Harlan. At least, so far this season, they aren't calling it Lexington anymore. Especially because they are 3 hours apart. But I digress.

I felt like Raylon was like Al Pacino in Godfather 3. Yes, I know that was a terrible movie. But its seems like all he wants to do is get the fuck out of Kentucky, and they keep bringing him back in. Especially with the old lady running that crime ring. I am interested to see how things play out with that teenage girl and the pedophile keepers.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm fucking pissed off that in all the jillion commercials for this show coming back, I didn't see a date until after the first ep had already premiered.

Knowing FX, I won't be able to find that first ep until like eight weeks from now.

5. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That killed me this episode. They're looking for this pedo all over Harlan, and no one is talking. Then, with 7 minutes left in the show, they get a call he's been spotted driving and as soon as the commercial ends, they caught up to him at the gas station. Sometimes I don't mind the multi-episode arcs. Although, Raylan spraying him down with gasoline was just pure awesome. What a great show.

6. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There's an encore tonight at midnight (I think). I'm planning to catch it if I don't fall asleep first. I also saw all the commercials and missed the first episode.

7. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm going to go ahead and predict that Margo Martindale gets snubbed for the upcoming Emmy. Two episodes in, unless something changes in a big way, she's pitch perfect, toeing the line between harmless old lady and ruthless mastermind.

8. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think a lot of people are going to die next week.

10. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was trying to figure out how Raylan was going to get dragged into the drugs wars. They've been doing a good job of showing he was trying to distance himself from the violence and trying not to shoot every person he meets.

So much for going off and teaching new Marshals with his wife.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyones gonna come down on Dickie next week. They have to. He will go after Boyd for his money. Raylan will go after him for his mom or step-mom.(However they are related) Mags will probably do something fucked up to him for all the killing he has done.

I hope Gary gets offed somehow.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just thinking how awesome this comment would be in the "How I Met Your Mother" thread.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The finale did not end at all like I thought it was. Unless that wasn't the finale. I for sure thought Dickie was gonna eat it.

14. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the finale is this week.

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is. And the preview was full of roomfuls of guys racking rounds into automatic weapons and shit. Should be fairly gunplay heavy.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any predictions for who might die this week? I think Mags could go for some reason. I also think Boyd might be on that list as well.

17. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't see Mags or Boyd going anywhere, but Dickie's doomed and maybe Dewey as well. I thought Season 1 was decent but the show has really come into its own this season.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dickie is fucked, and I think the Sheriff son as well. Mags has been going on and on about the future of her family and how she wants it secure. I think that gets fucked up (maybe by Raylan, maybe not), and it sets up next season for Bennett vs Givens, full out.

Actually, lemme revise. For that to work, Doyle(is that his name?) should die, and Dickie and possibly Mags live, possibly with one of them wounded. But the only Givens left that we know of are Raylan and Arlo.

Shit, I don't know, I just hope Winona and Raylan stay good together, and maybe Eva and Boyd start their own Holler empire.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The problem with Dickie is that his whole motivation is to counteract how butthurt he is. That makes him act stupid. I think Mags might actually pull the plug on Dickie because he is so detrimental to stability. The fact that Raylan didn't kill him might make Mags merciful to some degree.

20. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, never saw that coming with Mags. I expected it, but for the outcome to be reversed.