Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Just one of the guys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

FTFY

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is all I listen to. Though I’ve never really listened to Tool and NiN.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Verve pipe had a couple tunes I liked, but you nailed the others. Fucking “Counting Blue Cars”, GTFO with that fag shit.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Start. I’m almost jealous that you get to hear Lateralus for the first time.

5. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dabbled in the pop-punk of the late 90s and early aughts. My horrible chunky highlights dyed well, and I spent a while with pink/orange/red/purple hair. I did my fair share of hot topic shopping circa 2001, but then I sort of jumped the fad shark and started listening to ye olde punk rock and shopping at thrift stores and vintage shops. I looked certifiably crazy from age 12-15 but I’ll still put some of those albums when the mood strikes, but most of the music I feel nostalgic about (I’m looking at you, Bad Religion) was a bit before my time. No fads or phases I’d really like to revisit, a few embarrassing pictures, but nothing I really regret or feel suckered in to.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How dare you speak ill of Jodi Kramer's bitchin pure-denim get up that makes her ass look like a fine christmas ham
    [​IMG]

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The first time you listen to NIN, you feel like youre not even listening to real music. Then after some repeated listenings you realize its pretty awesome, unique stuff. Trent Reznor is a hell of a musician and composer. Definitely earned his Academy Award for Best Soundtrack.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard that too, but I took it to mean that you've found your genre of music.
    For example, I still listen to Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Zeppelin, etc., but I also listen to The Sword and The Black Angels. They're all in the rock/ metal genre, but some of them are newer.
    However, I don't have any urge to give other types of music, like, say K-Pop, reggaeton, or dubstep a chance; I'm pretty damn sure I'm not going to like them.

FOCUS: I used to dye my hair black in my early/ mid twenties.
    I wasn't doing this because I was goth, or trying to make a statement; I just happen to think that I look damn good with black hair.
    I'd wanted black hair since I was a kid (I was a blonde kid, and my hair gradually darkened in my teens), and I finally sacked-up and went into the beauty supply section when I was 20.

Like I said, I thought it looked amazing, but literally EVERYONE I knew hated it; said it looked "fake" and "unnatural."
    Well fuck all those people, because I kept it up for the next five or six years.

The only reason I don't still do it is because 1) It's kind of a pain in the ass, 2) I have facial hair now, and I'm not going to go to the trouble of dying my beard (those fumes are bad enough on the top of your head, there's no way I'm going to have that stuff under my nose and eyes), and 3) I think I'm too old to do it now.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well Ive decided to go to my first NIN concert here in a few weeks at the Louder than Life festival. Will the rest of the lineup for the day Im going, should be fun. I will be wearing my Static X concert T I picked up off ebay, because it was the first concert T I ever bought, to fit in. What it do?

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No shit, me too. Jungle Julia and I are going to River City Rock Fest in San Antonio in three weeks.
    The lineup is AMAZING, but I'm not looking forward to the heat; hopefully it will be a cloudy day...

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Weather is getting better up here. Last week or so has been beautiful, high 80s low 90s. It shouldn't get much hotter than that the rest of the summer, maybe a few rain showers here and there if we're lucky.

12. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Does this mean you're blonde now? Because that really doesn't sit right with me and I really wish I had been consulted in this matter.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

He just doesn't seem like as much of an outlaw with blonde hair right?

14. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Right!

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I hear ya... there's only 1 bandit, and he ain't some blonde fuckwad from California.

[​IMG]

16. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]