Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

July 1st, 2017 -- Happy 150th, eh! WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These were employees sitting at the bar, why is this so hard to understand?

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You all disagree with me and thats fine, I'll look inward on this one....If they want to gossip I don't care I'd just prefer it not be around customers

3. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

....And? Sounds like they were just hanging out. Or is there something I'm missing?

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently I'm a normal looking guy who gives poor ratings on google for normal things happening at a bar... Could be worse, I could look like Net

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Was the bar empty?

Were they bored?

Did you have to wait abnormally long for your drink?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. If it bugged you, then I think you should have moved, or gone somewhere else.

Work is their social environment as well, and to expect them to not be social just because it bothers you seems a bit much to ask... unless they were pointedly interacting with you in an inappropriate manner.

Either that or you're not describing the situation well enough for us to understand.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude I worked at a couple of bars and had friends who worked years IN THE INDUSTRY. It is absolutley normal for employees to come in off shift to drink and gossip, it's a function of the food service industry that Ive never heard of, in my life, being an issue with anyone Ive ever known. You went because you knew people and you got the hook up.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, because then people would actually talk TO you, not just near you... and that would be too much for you to deal with.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to work at a restaurant that had a bar in it and a lot of times, the people who worked there would come in on days they weren't working and sat and the bar and drank. I always thought it was weird that people who worked there full time would come in to hang out on days off.

A lot of times, the younger girls who came in would get obnoxious and create drama around customers. The manager wouldn't put up with it. Sometimes, it caused the service quality to lack.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I sort of understand where Toddamus is coming from. But if they weren't doing anything annoying, I don't really see the issue.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It also totally depends on the bar and the clientele. If it's a dive bar where the waitresses/staff have known everyone for years, then it's kind of expected.

10. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To get away from the random bar argument, which I admit I started, and will agree on calling a truce on and looking towads myself and what I expect when I go to a bar so as not to have the experienced I did today which while not that bad I did find annoying and unprofessional...

upload_2017-7-1_19-48-2.png

I don't apologize, I don't go and get a beer and find it acceptable to hear bar staff gossiping about each other.

#50 toddamus, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At my restaurant, it was mostly the waitresses in their early 20's who were trying to fuck the bartender (who was playing hard to get)and creating drama that spilled over into the actual goings-on of the restaurant. It all suddenly ended when one of the girls he hooked up with told everyone how small his dick was. Poor bastard.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just finished the communal fireworks show... everyone on the two courts that are beside each other pitch in and a pyro guy at the end of the street does up a show. This year it was almost $8k collected, and it was a HELL of a show.

In even better news, the cat digs fireworks. Sat there and watched them for a couple of minutes all wide-eyed and interested, and then went off chasing fireflies while they continued on for about half an hour.

13. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I own a bar, and this happens all the time. In fact if I were to walk out of my office right this second I can guarantee the there would be at least three servers and two bartenders standing at the bar talking. There's just no way around it.

I don't know what they were talking about in your situation, but I know here 99 times out of a 100 it's not inappropriate. The one time it is, it gets shut down immediately either by myself or the full time senior staff members. For some of them this is their career after all, and they do not want the bar to look bad and have guests stop coming here.

14. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Isn't this like battle of the drunk threads or something? I can only handle one at a time guys.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean 99 times out of 100 these people are fucking eachothers brains out off the clock. I miss THE INDUSTRY.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You really are getting old, aren't you?

17. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I'm officially in my thirties now. It's all downhill from here.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They are doing it right.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fuck the Olympics and all that stupidly expensive infrastructure... THESE sports I can get behind... and all you need is a roll of Poly, some soap, an inflatable pool, a dead goose, and some water.

Game on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.