Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Juan Valdez and his hairy ass...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Dec 22, 2009.

1. adamL

adamL
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I never ever drink coffee in less I am in Uniform...Just like my sudden spike in smokeless tobacco use I can't start my fun filled army day without my cup of Joe.

If I am driving into the armory I normally stop at dunkin donuts for my extra large with sugar and cream, I used to drink my coffee black but after years of horrible army coffee I like to treat myself.

Funny this topic came up actually today I went to an out of my normal route to find that the dunkin donuts has closed..however there was a new coffee shop that opened up there which has amazing coffee and even hotter women working there always a plus to jump start my morning.

2. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I drink a fair amount of coffee. My favorite is Trader Joe's Peaberry, ground a medium coarse and always brewed in a French Press (never ever drip)... add a little raw sugar and mmmmm.

3. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The only reason I can afford to drink as much coffee as I do is because I bought a coffeeshop and only have to pay COGS. When I was in college, I would get caffeine headaches from being so poor and not being able to afford a cup.

Also, as much as I love fresh roasted coffee, that Keurig K-Cup machine is TheShit. Capital T, capital S. I bought my parents one for Christmas, and I'd have one if I didn't have a staff of 7 beautiful girls to make me a latte 15 hours a day.

4. schubeal

schubeal
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I didn't start drinking coffee regularly until about 6 months ago, a year into my first job as a software engineer. It was a slow transition from the occasional mocha latte in college to a regular latte to black with just a little sugar. The only reason this is weird is because both my parents are serious coffee drinkers and everyone assumed I'd be on the stuff since age 10 like my younger siblings ended up being.

Before then I was a serious energy drink fiend. 2 Monsters a day, sometimes 3. Basically enough that I can wear the clothing without my friends thinking I'm a total douche and almost dressed up as a can of it for Halloween. The key with that stuff is drinking a sugar-free version if you're not taking any food in with it or working out right away. Otherwise the sugar crash pretty much counteracts the caffeine.

5. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I always knew there was something to the "good" Cuban cortaditas in Miami, but I was content with Tim Hortons. I then bought Lavaza, which is a step up, but the best damn coffee I've ever had was the Cafe Regional from Antigua, Guatemala. Apparently the different regions have their own coffee beans, or blends, or something, but the Antigua is very smooth, mellow and not overpowering. I drink mine with a fair amount of milk and sugar (Latin style, although they're easier on the sugar), partly because I'm not manly enough for black coffee, partly because it cools the coffee and I can drink it quicker without scalding my mouth.

French press is the way to go for the best cup. I tried the good beans and the Keuring, but it's not the same.

6. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I love coffee. All different kinds, I don't really care. I'll have a venti mocha at Starbucks and drink Folgers later in the day.
    My favorite flavor is the Pike Place blend at Starbucks right now.
    It all depends on where I am I guess, whatever is convenient at the time.
    I'm not a snob about coffee at all.

7. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have not drunk coffee in my 22 year life. Give me my medal for not being a fucking wussy.

8. 15 Step

15 Step
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I work for Starbucks. I've been doing it for nearly three years now, and its how I plan to support myself through the remainder of college. As a company, they treat their employees extremely well, and I have no desire to talk shit about them in any public forum.

When I work, I'm the guy who gets your drink right, for no other reason then because I would feel guilty wasting your $3-6 on a shitty latte. I may think your personalized drink modifications are disgusting, obsessive, and/or a contrived attempt to show what a unique and beautiful flower you are... but in spite of my judgments, you will receive this drink as you ordered it, because, in some cases, you just paid the price of a fast-food value meal for it. That finely-frothed milk on top of your latte? A gift, from me to you. Thank you for not entirely hating me. I apologize on behalf of all the coffee shop employees who have so nurtured your hatred toward coffee shop employees.

Oh yeah, and I get a free pound of coffee every week. French-pressed Christmas Blend = Glory.

9. teehee

teehee
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Hi, long, long lurker but first time poster (while drinking coffee).

I've graduated from shitty work coffee (you know the nitrogen fresh packages- don't be embarrassed to admit that you chugged them before) --> Folgers/Maxwell House --> french pressed --> Starbucks --> Indie Coffee --> pretentious European Coffee. On average I drink at least 3-4 cups a day. Maybe during winter break I'll try to leave a week to do nothing and try to cut that down in half.

There's this placed called FIKA near my school and where I work- I go there at least once a day. It's a wonderful Swedish cafe with prices that's on par (or cheaper) than most places in NYC & Starbucks. The service is quick and the baristas are Swedish (looking), sweet and sexy.

I've introduced about 15 of my friends and co-workers to them and they're converts and addicts as well now. I need VIP status there.

10. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like coffee but I'm not a snob about it. I drink the cheap stuff at work pretty regularly.
    My only problem with coffee is that I have to wait what seems like forever for it to cool down so I don't burn the fuck out of my mouth. I see other people pour a cup and immediately start sipping, but if I do that I won't be able to taste anything for a week until my tongue heals. Is there a trick to it that my retarded ass just hasn't figured out or what?

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a coffee junkie. I buy my coffee online from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.portorico.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.portorico.com</a>, brew it in a French press and we also have a Bunn autodrip. Their mocha java and Danish blends are my two favorites. They have two sales per year (Spring and fall and most blends are sale priced at $5.99/lb) but they also put a different blend on sale each week. We buy in large quantities along with friends to defray the shipping costs, so it still works out cheaper than buying DD at Costco, and it's much better coffee. You can also customize your own blend, specify the roast-style (French, Vienna, American) as well as the grind (or whole bean). I strongly suggest anyone who is a coffee junkie to give them a try and get on their email list. If you live in NYC, they have a store front in the Village.

I'll drink Starbucks mainly out of convenience, and there's only one DD within a 50 mile radius of where we live, so if I'm even remotely close, I'll stop by for an XL. We have a great little privately-owned coffeehouse not too far from us that roasts on the premises and their cafe latte extra (4 shots) is pure coffee heaven, but the place is overrun with hipster doofi.

Another favorite is Green Mountain, but that's harder to find here in Texas than DD. Nantucket Blend is delicious.

Now I'm going to go brew me another pot of mocha java.

12. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

During the summer I drink iced black coffee with a metric shit-ton of sugar. The rest of the year I start my day off with a beer when I wake up around noon.
    I'm not gonna lie, I go into Starbucks on occasion when I need to refuel my jets.
    "A tripple-whipped faggoty cumshot latte for you sir?"
    "Yes, please. "
    I figure I pay four bucks for a good (not fucking Pabst) beer at a bar, paying that kind of cash for some good coffee doesn't seem like a stretch.

13. Brother J

Brother J
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Vietnamese Coffee is hands down the best I have ever tried. I first got hooked trying it iced at a Vietnamese restaurant, and I've since been making weekly trips to the Asian supermarket and have bought a few of the filters that sit on top of the cup (basically a small french press).
    It's a blend of dark or medium roast, and chicory. Usually it's served with condensed milk, but I like it without as well. It makes for a very very strong coffee, but the chicory balances it out and it ends up being quite smooth. By far the best part of my day.
    Trung Nguyen is the best brand, but there is also a brand made in the southern states (big yellow can, can't remember the name), that does the trick.

14. Woody

Woody
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Coffee? Why yes sir! Black please and only black, my iced coffee? Black, hot coffee? Black, I love coffee so much I'll just pour the ground up coffee beans in a cup pour boiling water in it, drink and then eat the remaining coffee beans as an extra snack! Coffee is delicious.

15. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never liked coffee but loved the smell.
    Then as my beer palate progressed towards darker, heavier, bitter beers with mocha and coffee undertones I started to find coffee very good. Almost done away with drinking cokes in lieu of coffee now.

16. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i dont mind coffee but it gives me the shits really bad so I tend to avoid it in large quantities. Yes you all needed to know that.

I do like espresso, I need a better maker though as mine tends to burn and be very unforgiving [and explosive] if you tamp the grounds too much. Student income isn't great for luxury items.

Speaking of extravagant spending, Kicking Horse's coffees, specifically Cliffhanger and Kick Ass are really good.

17. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Here's a regular 16 oz double dose monster (strapped into a g-string for size comparison only I swear):

[​IMG]

Here's a regular 16 oz monster next to what I drink:

[​IMG]

That's right, A 32 OZ CAN OF INSANITY. That's 320 mg of caffeine and 12,000 mg of taurine. Holy tits on a stick, its an all-day rush...for $3.

This is the only drink I can start as soon as I wake up, and just barely finish 24 hours later.

18. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Grinding my own beans is about as snobby as I get. Mostly because I don't have the money to be snobbier. No fancy machine, no fancy beans. I get whatever is at the supermarket for 6 or 7 bucks.

I do have a marked preference for flavored coffee, and I've been noticing lately a decrease in the availability of flavored coffee in whole bean form. Apparently some marketing asshole realized that whole bean fans and flavored coffee fans are not usually one and the same. Humph!

I might hit Starbucks once in a blue moon during most of the year, but then I go broke stopping there at least once a week to buy the eggnog latte and espresso chocolate truffle during the holidays.

19. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does "B F C" stand for "Big Fucking Can"?

Focus:
    My french press got broken a couple of weeks ago so my mom got me a new one for Christmas... but it's a tiny one. Like less than half the size of a regular french press. I had to have coffee this morning so I used it but a big one will be purchased very soon.

20. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Timmy's for me all the way if I can get it. If not, ill drink Tea or whatever black tar comes out of the coffee maker at work.

Best coffee I ever had was on a diving trip to Honduras. The coffee was dark, smooth (the fresh farm cream helps), enough bitterness to cut through a spoonful of sugar, all finished with some a skim of oil on the top from the beans. so good.