Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Nettdata, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just finished binge watching all 6 episodes last night, and I have to say I was pretty enthralled.

It might be a bit dry for the first few episodes, but believe me when I tell you that it's all worth it once you get to the final episode. The last 15 minutes alone will elicit a "woah".

Especially when you consider that HE is the one who wanted to do this documentary.

If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it... it's quite interesting to see what a man's ego and narcissism can drive him to do.

FOCUS: Discuss.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have heard of this, I have to check it out.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ, what a creepy emotionless bastard. Typically, when people are recounting the loss of loved ones and close friends, some type of emotion should be present. And the way his eyelids are drooping, making his eyes look like little black reptilian slits doesn't help his cause.

I really enjoyed the whole thing.
    And the apprehension Jarecki was feeling before the final interview was palpable. Not knowing how to introduce the evidence so as not to scare him off. Didn't seem to matter though.

I'm gonna spoiler stuff until I feel like the discussion grows a little more.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's like Durst is a case study for his tells... it was amazing how you could practically see when he was making shit up and lying... it was so fucking obvious that it was almost evidence.

And then in the final interview, when he almost pukes.... his body is freaking the fuck out but his brain is still trying to spin yarns.

And yeah, you can tell that Jarecki had some form of bond or friendship with him, and that final interview was as much about him as it was Durst.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He has this facial tick when he talks sometimes. He blinks his eyes really hard.

Is that what was going on? A near puking? The burp was weird but I didn't think about it like that.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just my guess... but that's what it seemed like to me. I know that I've had times where I've had big burps and massive amounts of saliva in the mouth right before I hurl. It's at that stage where you can kind of control it, but you're on that ragged edge.

Again, that's what it seemed like to me... he saw the evidence, his "real" reaction was one of "holy fuck", and that's how his body responded. His brain was somewhat clinically detached and still tried to explain it all away and lie, but that physiological response was something he couldn't control.

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

What a creepy fuck. His eyes are like shark eyes; they're so dark you can't see his pupils. And there was no emotion at all.

A few thoughts I had during the series:

The part when Bob's rehearsing lines with his mic unknowingly on. He kept rept rehearsing it over and over. So creepy and calculating.

The very last bit when he's talking to himself in the bathroom? What the fuck? Is this a Scooby Doo episode? I personally probably would have walked in and started screaming, "FUCK!!!!" He admitted the whole thing? "I killed them all."

I can't believe that juror from Galveston truly, adamantly believes that Bob is innocent in regards to all three murders. It's one thing to have a shred of doubt. It's a bold statement to say he's completely innocent. What an idiot.