Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by silway, Nov 22, 2015.

1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Netflix series that dropped on Friday. Part of Marvel's Netflix play that started with Daredevil and will eventually combine the characters from multiple series into one.

So far I'm 6 episodes in (of 13) and it's awesome. I think better than Daredevil, amazingly. I originally thought it was lighter than Daredevil, but as it progresses it gets seriously dark and creepy.

Highly recommend it.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're not watching this show yet, correct yourself. DC had been winning the TV portion of the comic wars with Flash and Arrow, but this is putting Marvel miles ahead. It makes Supergirl look like a silly saturday morning cartoon. I had no idea Krysten Ritter could be a badass.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am about halfway through, finally a more realistic depiction. Sex and drugs and kicking ass.

Some dark comedy in there too.

8.5/10

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple mind dingleberries:

Kristen Ritter is hot as fuck. Whatever holes the story has, whatever the show may lack is made up for just watching her in tight jeans. Typing this out, feels like some kind of AA admission. My name is CJ and I just spent 13 hours watching Kristen Ritter run around.

I hate the superpowers angle. I just find that stuff goofy. That a couple characters received their gifts in that particular way helps, but I'm glad the show wasn't centered around superhero cliches and backflip mutant fighting bullshit. Take away all that stuff, it's still a good whodunnit type show.

There were 3 sex scenes every goddamn episode, and not one boob. COME ON.

I've been reading a good deal of mystery books lately. This show falls into the same trap. The heroes always have some fatal, obvious flaw in their plan which sets up the villain's inevitable escape and return. Characters' rookie mistakes drove me nuts. About halfway through it just got tiring. But I had to stick with it, you see, for that ass.

I'd give it a 7. Better than anything on network by far. Actual female characters are refreshing.

5. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha, I did notice the sex w/o nudity.

I was glad of the long weekend, because I needed to binge this - especially the last 4 episodes, there was just so much fuckery.

It was definitely the most un-superhero-y of all the superhero stories I've ever seen.

The most important thing to take away from all this is that Jessica should move her office to a steel box with nothing breakable and can be hosed down for blood or other bodily fluids. Also, her sign should be made of titanium, not glass.

6. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started watching this show because of David Tennent, and I am not disappointed. I love him as a villain. The only problem I have with the show is that I constantly stop an episode to research a character's place in the Marvel universe. I'm sure this isn't really necessary, but I felt like I was missing a few in-jokes by not knowing about the backstory of a minor character. If you don't have this need and you just want to enjoy a detective story with a little bit of superpowers, it's a great show.