Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Jersey Shore: Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by pterodactyl, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She might leave, or threaten to then change her mind. Im still betting money we see a Newly Weds Jersey Shore Blowout featuring these two.

2. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just FYI, there's a new episode on tonight at 9pm.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After tonights episode, are you sure about that? I think her body can be best described as "sloppy mess".

Pauly continues to show why he is the best part of this show. His rant in the annoying girl voice to his handling of the stalker were all awesome.

The Situation's girl (Paula?) may have had a face like a ferret up close, but when they panned out a bit, in her skank attire, damn she looked good.

The chick who tattled on J Woww's meathead friend is the dictionary equivalent of a grenade. Especially the part about fucking everyone else around them up with their explosions. What a twat.

Anyone else think Sammie's change of heart seemed forced and a bit too neat?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I thought the same thing, Snooki looked about half way between full on paunch gut and her normal weird pear shape this episode. I think there had to have been some sort of shit Ronnie laid out for Sammy that hasnt been shown. She seriously started to go into over drive calling Ronnie out, he bitches her out about them being through, then with out much transition they are cool again and Sammi is apologizing to Snooki. I think he probably gave her an ultimatum to stop calling him out for no reason and too make nice or he was bailing. No fucking way you could handle being around that bitch 100% of your day every day, particularly when you're in his position.

5. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Anyone else find it kind of sad that the cast ran into some of the same people as last season? Do these people live there and go to those clubs every weekend or something? Like imagine if you went to Cancun one time and then went back about 8 months later and found the same people at the same clubs. Wouldn't that be a little weird?

Also, I know Sammi sucks as a human being and all, but I kind of find myself sympathizing with her a bit now. Ron really does treat her like a pile of crap and is completely incapable of having a reasonable discussion. Like when they were having their fight after the night on the boardwalk she said she never cheated on him with anyone and he just walked away saying "Ok Sam, Ok Sam." Seemed to me like she was right and he was just being pigheaded.

6. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember the Tommy Cheeseballs True Life Jersey Shore episode and he said they go to the shore every summer. I don't think they live there, but they rent the house and go to it every weekend.

7. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I actually read an article this morning that showed why this might've made more sense. The first episode of last season aired on July 22nd and the filming for this started on July 29th. So essentially, they had a week to view at least the first two episodes of last year. Not sure at the authenticity of it, but they don't always show you everything they do on camera. So maybe she saw the episode and got to see just exactly what he did and that's where it all came from?

http://jezebel.com/5733993/was-the-jersey-shore-cast-watching-miami-season-while-filming-in-seaside

Either way, for gods sake, don't pull that whole "I'm going to play like I know you did something wrong just to see if you fess up to something to me." That would drive me to some serious Ronnie anger myself. I hate that.

I'm just waiting for the obligatory intervention next week for Snooki and her BAD drinking ways, only for it to be toasted to with a shot of patron and a baked potato. God that was nasty to watch.

8. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly. It's not really like Cancun in that Seaside Heights is only an hour or two away from the city, so you have people that either own beach houses down there or rent them out for the whole summer. From what I can tell, the whole Seaside/guido/Jersey Shore scene is a pretty insular community, and you do get the same groups of people down there year after year. If you remember from the first season, one of the girls (I think JWoww?) said that she knew Mike from previous summers at the shore.

The only difference now is that everyone down there knows who these people are, as opposed to last year where even with the cameras following them around, they were still fairly anonymous. I'm definitely interested in seeing people that were on the show last year coming back for more this season, especially since they know how they were portrayed on TV the last time around. Having Pauly's crazy Jewish stalker girl come back for more abuse was hilarious.

A friend of mine was telling me recently that he ran into the Jersey Shore group at one of the clubs down there this summer. As soon as they all got there, the place completely emptied out. I definitely noticed that Karma looked pretty empty compared to last season, so I guess that makes sense.

9. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else notice the MASSIVE crowd on the boardwalk watching Snookie when she fell on her face on the beach? The camera was filming from a distance, and at the top of the screen was, conservatively, 200-300 people watching the entire spectacle and taking pictures. I paused the DVR to look at it, and that upped the hilarity to previously-unheard of levels.

For me, that's the most interesting part of this season -- all the kind of meta-reality series crap. The cast working in a t-shirt shop stocked with Jersey Shore merchandise; half the state of New Jersey watching Snookie eat shit in the sand; Paully's stalker chick going ape-shit at the camera man; the clubs emptying out around them, and bouncers blatantly following cast members to roped off areas; the cast reacting as they see the new episodes of the past season.

It'd be awesome to see a behind-the-scenes on the show, a feature article in that vein, or even a book about the technical and logistical aspects of what is, at this point, a televised circus.

I'm handing in my man card for being a fan of this show.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder how much they preplan each trip to these clubs and outings. If the place was wall to wall packed there would be no way to get decent footage. From the looks of it there was a bouncer that went up into the blocked off section with Jwoww and Snooki, it looks like he must have turned a blind eye so Jwoww could piss. They also seemed to play down the fact that there was a huge crowd gawking at Snooki when she was being arrested at the beach. And what about the T-shirt store owner? That whole, they need a job, thing is pretty fucking useless now anyway. He basically lets them do what ever the fuck they want. I guess I would too since it probably quadrupled his business.

edit: Samr just beat me too every fucking point I just made before I could post it.

11. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Wait, I don't understand. Why do clubs empty out when they get there? Do they reserve the club for them and only let a limited number of people in? I thought they would be a huge draw.

12. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After the fact, it's a huge draw, and the reason why they allow MTV to film there at all. But for the X number of weeks they're filming, they limit the number of people in the club so that they can get better shots and there are less random people starting shit with the cast.

I haven't watched "Jersey Shore" itself, but that's what they do for all the other reality shows, and this one is no different.

13. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope, I was told that nobody really wanted to be hanging around in the clubs with them at all and people would move on to other places once they got there. It makes sense. They're blurring everyone's faces out in the background so you're not going to see yourself on TV by being there in the background. And from the moment they get there, the Jersey Shore cast are the complete center of attention, and to your typical self-absorbed guido that's not a fun way to spend a night at the club.

They may well have cut down the number of people they let in from what the capacity normally is, but I don't think either of us have any idea one way or the other. But people made noticeable moves to leave once they all showed up. And the random people starting shit isn't really as much of an issue since they tend to rope off certain areas for them anyway.

14. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But if that's the case, what is the point in allowing the Jersey Shore to film there at all? Surely, it's a commercial for their business, right? But yet, you're saying their mere presence causes most Guidos to scurry away in all directions? I honestly don't know myself, but it seems counter-intuitive.

One would think the Jersey Shore Guidos would attract crowds.

15. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it is just to provide a different place to shoot and have the cast interact with the public. If you remove the store all that you have left is: GTL, sitting around the house, clubbing.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's also about merchandising.

The cast are like a freak show draw to his t-shirt shop, and I'm sure that there are swarms of people going to his shop that never would have before, all because of the show.

Can't do anything but help his sales, and is "free" product placement.

So why wouldn't you?

17. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is nothing free about a drunken midget telling you she is going to suck beer up out of the carpet to get a buzz. That's a piece of your soul right there.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I could live with that. Honestly how many memorable moments have occurred while interacting with the public while they were "on the job?" This episode sticks out only because Snooki was fucking with her "boss" by trying to bong beers.

19. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed- I could have been clearly, I was trying to have a guess at the producers rationale.

20. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, some of the interactions with the customers at the ice cream store in Miami were fucking hilarious.