Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Jersey Shore: Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kratos, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the most deplorable moment in the entire first episode was in the Taxi when Jwow and Sammi were getting into it about the whole Ronnie situation. During a pause Angelina burst in on how she thinks that this is why everyone hates her and that she thought they were all bitches. Her argument made no sense and was just showcasing her self centeredness and how deep her guido princess complex runs.

Im not thinking Ronnie has all the attributes you have given him. He seems as socially aware as any buff guy is after a lifetime of getting cooz thrown at him without really ever having to try for it. But if he can get off this Sammi shit and show his partying side in full force he might be a sleeper hit. Though this episode he was basically rolling on the floor black out drunk.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just watching it now, and the dumbest line I've ever heard from anyone ever comes courtesy of the oompa loompa.

Washing Sammi's shorts in the sink, she says, and I quote, "I feel like a pilgrim from the 20s, washin shit right now."

The key to this show, as it has been from the start, is realizing you're watching awful people being awful. Therein lies the charm.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fixed that for you.

It's like going to the zoo an watching something foreign and captivating. You just can't stop.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sonofa... I accidentally put this in the True Blood threadf last night:

5. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Didn't get into last season at all, but may just start watching this one from time to time. It seems alot more interesting and drama filled.
    And yes Jwow is pretty hot, she has huge knockers and loves to wear lowcut shirts so im all for it.

I dont want to change the topic of the thread, but speaking of real world, that show really fell off since the last couple of years. They absolutely suck at picking the cast now, it seems like they try to pick anyone who may seem exciting and they end up being drama queens rather than casting guys who can actually get chicks and be normal and girls who just want to get banged.

The chicks aren't even that hot.
    Ones a complete whore, the others a alcoholic.
    On the guys side of things the whole show is about the gay guy and the almost gay guy fighting the whole time. I could've watched Will and Grace if i wanted to see that.

Attached Files:

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ill say one thing about that picture (mostly because aside from Ryan being a tremendous douche, its been an entertaining season thus far) is pretty on representative. McKenzie (blond sitting) is really pretty, Jemmy (far right) while being mostly a butter face has a ridiculous body and that picture makes her look way worse than reality, and the other 2 girls look way better. Thats an awful promo pic. It makes Knight, the dude sitting down, look like a model which is hilarious cause he is so Wisconsin (I know, I grew up there.)

7. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I dont know man I just can't get into it. Mckenzie is cute but she's like a crazy drunk. Most of the time the rest of the crew can't even go out and get crazy cause they need to watch out for her.

I think the only actually likeable characters are Knight, Eric and Jemmye cause they like to party. Eric doesn't really do much, at least in the episode I just watched. I feel like the orange haired girl is just there and I swear I watched a whole episode and it had nothing with Sahar in it at all. Ryans a Dbag, Preston I really can't stand, the way he talks probably has something to do with it and Mckenzie's just a ditz.
    I give Knight props for accomplishing the goal of being Jemmye's first white dude though. That's pretty awsome.

But, I mean lets be real, None of the girls are on the level of some of the chicks from past years.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, none of the chicks are nearly as hot as some on other seasons. However, I find Sahar extremely sexy even though she constantly sounds like she has a cold or something. Overall I think that this season has been pretty entertaining and probably one of the best seasons since Austin in 2005. Sure Preston is gay and Ryan is a complete douche and they have their feud but I find Knight to be very entertaining. He is definitely the most quotable cast member and the fact that he was Jemmyes first white dude is fucking sweet. I'm anxious to see what goes down tonight between Preson and Ryan and how the Jemmye and Knight situation will play out throughout the rest of the season.

9. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This still boggles my mind. My friend and I were talking about it today. How do these women not go on strict diets and workout plans when they know they're going back on TV? I know you're doing the club scene after the first season, but that still leaves you a decent amount of time, and money, to get a personal trainer and hit the gym. Did they not learn anything from the guys on the show?

10. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Because they are delusional -- they think they are hot shit.

11. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

None of the Jersey Shore girls are "fat" or need to lose weight with the exception of Snookers.

Many guys on this board bitch about how many women today are anorexic, bony and unhealthy, freakishly skinny, and obsessed with weight loss, but simultaneously complain about women with normal body types. What do you think those girls are? 5' 6" and about 145-150? That's normal. A model who is 5' 11" and 120 pounds is neither normal, healthy, and unless you're a gay fashion designer who wants his models to look like boys, attractive.

All that being said, none of the women are hot, either. They're pretty run-of-the-mill, average in the looks department. I'm a little surprised MTV couldn't find more attractive Guidettes.

12. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, but the cast of Jersey Shore should not be compared to normal people (arguably for a number of reasons). Normal women have all the variety of real life events that make getting in incredibly good shape an unrealistic expectation. These dipshits had nothing but time in the anticipation of a second television appearance. Their utter contempt towards attempting anything so much as getting in better shape suggests one of two things: they have no regard for physical appearance and instead feel they should be judged by the public on their personality or they are deluded enough to think they simply could not be more attractive. The very premise of the show debunks the former.

If you want to use reference to 'normal' women then think about it like this. No matter what the shape or size of a woman most will attempt to get in the best shape of their life for their Wedding Day as it is their one big day in the spotlight. This was basically the equivalent for the Jersey Shore girls.

13. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's the question I pose to you (ignorning JWoww and Snooki because we agree on them): Do you honestly think Sammi or Angelina spent more than 1 day a week in the gym (and I'll bet it wasn't even that)? If they did, do you think it was anything more than walking on a treadmill? They have this show that could make them a pretty good career if they play their cards right, why on earth would they not want to put their best foot forward? I can't believe it.

And for the records, I have never bitched about girls being too skinny. I like them skinny. 5'6" and 125-130 lbs. Sign me up.

14. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think their weight may be a guido thing. "Italians" seem to enjoy a little more junk to play with.

15. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, and my whole point is that "incredibly good shape" is not the same thing as "freakishly bony/skinny". A girl that is 5' 6" and 145 pounds can be in phenomenal shape. And do you realize, for instance, that women have a natural fat percentage a good 1.5 to 2 times as high as men?

Not only are those women not fat, they're not even overweight. (Again, with the exception of the Snooker Ball)

I thought the question was whether they were overweight or not, instead of whether they were muscular, in-shape, and could bench their respective body weights.

I don't see how the latter has anything to do with the former. And by the way, most anorexic skinny models are in piss-poor athletic shape too, and wouldn't be able to do a single push-up or run a mile in under 12 minutes, but you don't seem to bring that up.

Several decades to several thousand years ago, that was considered underweight, and a doctor would recommend a slightly higher weight. Nowadays, it's the opposite; the girl might feel like shedding even more weight, and a doctor would recommend a diet.

16. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude I think you have gone off on a whole other tagent as a prompt to justify chubby fucking. I might have missed something but I didn't see anyone wanting these girls to go Kate Moss, just simply attempt to hit a treadmill.

17. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on now; I expect better than bullshit exaggeration from you. I might as well type that you're trying to justify skeleton fucking. Besides, this is the freaking Jersey Shore topic; discussing whether the girls are skinny, fat, or normal is as relevant as anything else.

And I'm saying they're not the least bit overweight, and if you disagree, what do you consider "normal"?

18. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was light jest at worst. As mentioned before you seem to be on a different tagent, it isn't about skinny, fat or normal it is about their individual delusions of granduer that has them so blinded by their perceptions of their own beauty that self-improvement is not possible. Skinny/fat/normal are all subjective, what isn't subjective is that fact some effort, a trainer and a diet could have each of the female cast members in better shape and thus by the normalised view of beauty hotter.

Male or female tell the vast majority of people they will be on a hit TV show seen by millions of people around the world and they will attempt to get in better physical shape even if just driven by vanity. As sited above given the fact all the female cast members seem to have actually gained weight since the first season this suggests to me that either they have no regard for how others view them physically or that they have a skewed perception of their own beauty. For me that is all the issue is, nothing to do with where the bell curve of physical beauty sits.

Again, nothing whatsoever to do with what is or is not normal.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like the bolded sentence explains that you really don't even know what point you are trying to make.

Yeah the premise lampoons their narcissism but it doesn't negate the fact that they probably think both of those points are true, that is the girls in the show.

20. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Can I get an order for pickup? The name is Situation. Capital S,i,t,u, etc.

Amazing.