Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Jarron Collins Pulls Off Greatest Prank in Twin History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 29, 2013.

1. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And Rosa Parks sat her ass on that bus almost sixty years ago and you still have shit like this:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/living/wilcox-integrated-prom/index.html

Considering gays only started to become accepted in society recently (prop 8 was shot down in California only five years ago in what is considered to be one of the most progressive states) I'm sure there are a lot of people in the younger generation who are ridiculed for being gay. You try to make it sound like its a thing of the past and this guy just wants attention.

2. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He does want attention. It may not be for personal gain, but you don't have your agent contact a magazine and give them an exclusive interview that you are a current gay athlete in a major league sport if you aren't looking for some kind of attention.

Rosa Parks didn't alert the media and craft a press release before she rode that bus.

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Rosa was the secretary of the Montgomery chapter of the NAACP, so while her protest might not have been planned (though some think it was), she probably had a pretty good idea of the significance of her gesture.

As a matter of fact, after she was arrested, the president of the NAACP responded, "look what segregation has put in my hands!" She didn't craft a press release beforehand, but Edgar Dixon most certainly did the then-equivalent after.

(this is the rosa parks thread right?)

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

So when do we get to see an NFL player come out, get hit hard in a game, and then GODell suspends the offender for a "hate crime"?

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I would hope so, she's not retarded.

Unlike the gays.

6. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, most of the people I've seen praising his courage are people who don't watch sports.

NBA fans will tell you (as they have in this thread) that the guy is freakin' terrible, no matter where he chooses to slang his thang.

Wish it had been someone better.

Reeeeal easy thing for a straight person to say. Reminds me of white people saying racism is dead.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah but she did sign up to do that song with Outkast.

8. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If by "we," you mean liberal white people, then yes, we're all past that point.

If you'd like to know what not-liberal-white-people think, drive down to your nearest hood and ask your favorite inner city black friends how they feel about gay people. There's a reason this is pretty huge (barring the fact that he sucks), the same reason why Frank Ocean coming out was huge.

9. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a good point that I didn't consider, but I think that has to do more with black culture than with professional sports. If it does some athletes will come out as gay when they realizes nobody who matters to them cares then good for them.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you think with the black community being anti-gay thing, that its more an element of posturing versus actually being against the idea of homosexuality?(not that there is much difference) I think that its more perceived as a weakness than a sin and since weakness is preyed upon in communities like that, it therefore comes across as homophobia/gay hatred.

I say this because in my ER, we had a patient several months back who was shot in the stomach by a small caliber handgun. He had lots of gang-related tattoos and other shit on his body. When someone comes in the hospital with an injury like that, they always get a quick rectal exam to check for blood to make sure there was no bowel injury. When the doctor explained to him that this was what they were going to do, he got extremely upset almost to the point of being violent and started screaming "I AINT NO FAGGOT!" over and over again. Obviously, at no point did any one of us think he would have been considered gay for consenting to a rectal exam but that didn't matter.

I just don't think he wanted anyone to think he was gay out of fear of having an irreparable mark on his heterosexual record or lose the respect of his friends.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look the entire black community isn't against gay people, but let's just say there isn't a lot of middle ground. Mainly due to the heavy religious undertones that are deep into the community. So it was a big deal on that front, hence for those of you who barely read the headline, he starts off with "I'm black and I'm gay." As opposed to just saying "I'm here and I'm queer."

12. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't see what the big deal is, Omar Little was gay and nobody gave him any shit.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Comes across as?

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Surprisingly I have heard either nothing or whats the big deal type comments down here. Sure, some people are still mad because the man has a nice tan, but everyone short of the very elderly seems to not give a shit about someone coming out. I'd say that's a good sign.

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you're saying the key to acceptance is to be an unrepentant badass who is skilled with a shotgun and adheres to an honorable street code? Well, that's easy.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Poor choice of words on my part. Regardless of the reasoning behind it, the behavior is all the same.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those of you who don't get how this is a big deal. Here is the Jason Collin's interivew with Bill Simmon's. Not some sappy Good Morning America interview, but the interview and Simmon's that talks about the environment in the lockeroom and sports.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/60387/b-s-report-jason-collins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... on-collins</a>

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FTFY

19. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now that LeBron James has seen the positive publicity, he's already planning "The Decision Part II: Coming to Your Team Through the Backdoor" for next summer.

My $.02: I think sexuality needs to be a non-issue. As long as it's consenting adults who aren't having their rights violated, who gives a fuck?

I would love to hear ONE argument against gay marriage or gay relationships that isn't based on either religious non-sense or personal distaste. Like I've said elsewhere: Nobody is going to make you have a gay relationship against your will.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There isn't. That's why you never see an actual message on those sign of those assholes protesting in front of the Supreme Court. They're just signs saying they're against it, a.k.a "I'm am an ignorant hayseed." They say it violates the sanctity of marriage, yet being shitfaced while having your sex life sanctified by a Vegas Elvis impersonator IS sanctimonious. It's has no less sanctity than cheating, divorce, cursing God, cheering/encouraging the death of you enemies, being successful with money and working on a sunday. Yet virtually all of those people who say that gay pee-pees are for potty mouths do at least one of those various things.

And let's face it: gay prejudice is more often than not a double standard. We're just fine with Mila Kunis taking a slalom into Natalie Portman's velvet V, but like I said: a man is only allowed to put a bullet in another man.

Subfocus: Let's save people some time: if you played high school football, you had a gay teammate. Probably several.