Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Jarron Collins Pulls Off Greatest Prank in Twin History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some of you guys are missing the point. Actually, after hearing real basketball players talk about it. This guy could get signed or will get signed this summer. Given that, it is a big deal because depending on how he is treated by the media next year, by his team the next year, by the league next year, it will be indirectly be giving other players (old or young) a Green or Red light on coming out.

Jason Collins was more of a lighting of the wick and not the actual TNT blowing up. The wick has been lit, and if no one stomps it out, there will be a bigger reaction. (God I fucking love my analogies.) So that is what this means. Now if you weren't paying attention, it is courageous, because how many of you would do something where you have professional athletes tweeting "I don't know why you would do that, (there are just so many beautiful women out there), I just don't get it." Mike Wallace, WR, Miami Dolphins, which got reported by everyone. Also you have Chris Broussard on ESPN twice a day telling you that you were going to hell and living your life in sin.

If you read his entire article, which I know for goddamn sure that 90% of you fuckers didn't. You read the headline and shrugged or rolled your eyes. You'd see how he was phrasing everything how why it took him so long to come out. Calling him a liar or saying "he should have come out earlier" makes you fucking retarded. If it was that easy, then this wouldn't be an issue in the first place, it wouldn't be news. Unlike Tebow, this is news for a reason that goes beyond sports.

Side note though, I just heard him talk this morning, and I have to think quite a few guys HAD to have heavy suspicions. I'm trying to fight a hindsight bias, but it was a pretty instant click in my mind.

2. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the point that it shouldn't matter? Everyone should be treated the same right? So if this isn't a big story then we are further along as a people, whether we as individuals approve of the behavior or not, than we were given credit for. If that's the case why would we sensationalize a story that hasn't grown legs?

I think the bigger story here is that it hasn't proven to be a big story yet than a guy came out in one of the big four sports. I think that's a good thing. I do agree that next year and the reactions of future teammates/coaches/organizations will tell the tale but that won't be until next year. If it's a story then that will change the conversation but for now it appears to be, mostly, a non-starter. I don't think we need to build it up to be more than what it is.

3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you are confusing the reactions of people on this board (an enlightened bunch of high-minded individuals) with reality. Or are you trying to say that there hasn't been a huge backlash yet? That doesn't mean it isn't a big story.

This has been a HUGE story. It has been covered on damn near every major network and in every newspaper on the stands in the the New York area. Collins was on Good Morning America the day the story broke. New York Times? Check. Chicago Tribune? check. Baltimore Sun? Check. Wall Street Journal? Check. L.A. Times? check.

Fuck, Al-Jazeera has it on their on-line Sports page. I'm not really sure how the story could get more coverage, absent 60 Minutes doing a piece on it - and you know that is coming.

And to point out the obvious - the reason why everyone and my dead Granma is coveringthis, is that it IS a big story that does matter, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who is following the current debate about gay marriage, or the stories of suicides among young gays, or that fact that not one other active player in the 4 pro sports has felt secure enough to state that they are gay.

When we all starting treating homosexuals as if they are run-of-the mill, ordinary folks, then this will be a non-story. But we aren't doing that yet.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

So let me get this straight, he stays in the closet he's a coward that lives a lie. He comes out of the closet and he's still a coward because he didn't do it sooner???

I am sure, although no one here has ever admitted to it, but we have to have at least one (I know we have a resident lesbian I'm talkin' guys) gay member. Why haven't they come out to us? For whatever the reasons are, the fact is that are, their own reasons. Just like if or when they (or any) ever do come out it will be for their own reasons.

That fact is, if his fellow players are in support and seemingly ok with it, then why the fuss?

I don't want to watch two guys fuck it but I couldn't care less that they do.

EDIT: If Bunny were around her head would explode.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on, Nom. We all know anyhow.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably not unrelated to the fact that a bunch of members still flip a shit any time there is a picture of a dick in a spoiler tag. HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME MOMENTARILY GLANCE AT THAT?!

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Lets not go down this road... it won't serve any purpose besides making whoever it is even more uncomfortable.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I know we joke a lot, but it's pretty offensive that you would imply that I'm gay. Just because I actually listen to what women say, and occasionally post the odd picture, and am exclusively sexually interested in men doesn't mean anything.

Seriously, what year is it

is it 2020

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

True but on a board that throws around sexual smack talk and innuendo like this place does, it's more of a punkass (Nom) fucking around simply because he can. And what do ya know? It works.

Nom I'd vouch for you but....well you know.

10. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly. This is why this story isn't something that should be celebrated to the extent that you get a phone call from the president as if you were a war hero.
    People being able to openly say, "I like people of my same gender" is not news. It should not be reported in every major newspaper. There should not be magazine articles dedicated to it.
    No ones sexuality should be front page news.

To the point of him being a coward, I wouldn't classify him as a coward. I simply don't think it's courageous to admit your gay. I would further say, knowing the amount of attention a story like this would garner, doing so at the end of your career where you will have to face almost no scrutiny from making such a public and publicized announcement is not courageous.
    It's not like he came out to his teammates and then word spread from there. He got paid to have an exclusive article written in one of the last standing major magazines.

11. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why not? Parker admitted he's black.

12. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So...no one else is curious as to why gay guys seem able to resist getting boners while showering with other dudes? Just me?

You guys take things too seriously sometimes.

13. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Almost no subjects of interviews get paid. And in the unlikely case that he did get paid, it certainly pales in comparison to the several million per year he's made since he started playing basketball.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Here is a blip of what his ex fiancee had to say about it:

I want to feel bad for her but I really don't because it doesn't seem like she's feeling too bad for herself so, good for her for being a good person above everything else.

15. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Although I haven't seen anyone's bank account, you don't have your agent call up a magazine to set up an interview if you don't plan on getting paid to do so.

16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

The same way the people in a nudist colony do it. When you're used to seeing the same group of people naked and aren't ogling them, it's pretty easy not to get hard, regardless of whether they're from your preferred gender.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I wonder if he's a top or a bottom. He certainly wasn't a good center.

Badumtisssssss

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perhaps not, but there's money in memoirs.

19. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

6 pages on gays in pro sports and no mention of Sean Avery?? I'm disappointed.

20. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why are people claiming he's the first openly gay big 4 pro athlete when according to Cowbell's link, someone in basketball already came out of the closet 6 years ago?