Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I've Got Something You Don't Got!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, May 10, 2012.

1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

My son really likes to have books read to him while sitting on your lap. I don't know if its unfortunate or not, but the one that seems to be his favorite is probably the one he shouldn't be putting his snotty-fingers all over. I have two George Rodrigue "Blue Dog" books signed by the author that were given to me when I was younger by my dad, one of which is a childrens book called "Why Is Blue Dog Blue?". El NiƱo friggin' loves this thing, and gets the biggest smile on his face every time we read it. Hopefully, we'll be keep him from completely destroying it in the next few years so that he will one day be able to read it to his kids.

Focus:

What is something special or unique that you own?

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have 5 penises. My underwear fits like a glove.

3. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: My target rifles.

Rifles custom made for benchrest shooting aren't anything new, but I make my stocks from scratch with wood and carbon fiber and the designs are original so there aren't any quite like these out there. They are very special, prized possesions of mine and each has 80-100 hours of work in them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one here has a special cedar/carbon fiber stock with some parts handmade from carbon fiber too (i.e. trigger guard and buttplate). Easily the most unique gun I own.

[​IMG]
    Spoiler tags for pics.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My (real) name. Theres not a single person in the entire world that could possibly have the same one.

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's Rumpelstiltskin, isn't it?

Focus: I don't know if these count or not, but:

- My son. No one else could have another one like him. I couldn't, even if I tried (again).

- No one else has a Trans Am exactly like mine.

Other than that, I try to make it a point to have things that are easily replaceable should they be lost or stolen. I've got a lot of tools that I've made/modified, but I don't think anyone is interested in hearing about the Ford diesel fan-clutch wrench I made.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have a collection of antiques (mostly tools) that are worth quite a bit. The most notable pieces include a three foot long throwing axe used for hunting bears (seriously), a Sugar-Devil which is a rare cast iron sugar grinder shaped like an evil, twisted pitchfork but the piece-de-resistance is a single-hand broadaxe, made around 1780 in Vatican City.

I also have a collection of about 300 original Matchbox cars, some still mint, other beat to shit by me as a child. I even still have the connectable track pieces that you could use to lash your friend across the calves like a slavedriver whenever he was stupid enough to wear shorts at your house.

7. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since Blue Dog started off with a signed book, I guess I should share some of my own.

Signed copy of Five Plays by Sartre.

I also have books signed by Ted Kennedy (two, with one also signed by his dog "Splash" ...yeah, I know). Books signed by Sandra Day O'Connor, Stephen Breyer, and Clarence Thomas.

And, in no particular order, signed copies of all these:

Counselor, by Ted Sorenson
    I, The Jury, by Mickey Spillane
    Sophie's Choice, by William Styron
    The War Within, by Bob Woodward
    Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
    The Corrections, by Jonathan Franzen
    The Enchantress of Florence, by Salmon Rushdie
    My Word is My Bond, by Roger Moore
    The First Billion is the Hardest, by T. Boone Pickens
    The Affluent Society, by John Galbraith
    Call by Ted, by Ted Turner
    Thank You For Smoking, by Christopher Buckley (I have several books by him, and after having been to three signing, I got him to sign Florence of Arabia, made out "To E-bay.")
    Almost everything by Sarah Vowell
    Dress Your Family in Cordoroy and Denim, by David Sedaris
    The Game, and Emergency, by Neil Strauss
    Lucy, by Jamaica Kincaid
    The Color Purple, by Alice Walker
    Sex and the City, by Candace Bushnell

8. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am a massive, nearly obsessive militaria collector. Being also a broke college student, I can't afford anything as snazzy as a Wehrmacht generals dress uniform; so the bulk of my collection is fairly common. However I count the following amongst my treasure trove...

I have a French A.N.T.P 31 gas mask; 1920's issue. I found it in the back of a local antique store, collecting dust on the bottom of a forgotten shelf. Paid five bucks for it, and it's in excellent shape for it's age. I also have my cousin's cartridge belt he wore during his tour in the Korean War. Sitting at the foot of my bed is an artillery shell I bought at a pawn shop. It's quite the mystery; there's no markings what so ever on it; and hence no clues as to where or when it was made.

Then of course you've got the British kevlar helmet, circa 1991 with the desert camouflage cover. A Swedish helmet from the 1930's, found at the same shop as the French gas mask. Various American chemical protective suits, dating from the early 1960's through the modern JLIST suits, (one on display, two factory sealed). A M65 olive drab field jacket worn by another cousin while stationed with the Air Force in Alaska. Last but not at all the least, a M72A3 LAW tube; given to me by an ex for Valentines Day.

Just for shits and giggles, this is the A.N.T.P 31 mask.

[​IMG]

9. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a group of friends commission a huge intricate drawing for me a couple of years ago. They presented it to me the night before my wedding and during the reception brought people to the room where it was to show it off. It's a giant pile of references that would take too long to explain, but it's a hugely meaningful piece of art to me. It's literally one of a kind, commissioned by people because they appreciated something I had done for them, and is beautiful. I am not generally an art/wall hanging sort of guy, but it's at the top center of my mantle in the livingroom right now.

10. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Not necessarily special or unique, but there probably aren't many people on this board who have these things:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All of the Led Zeppelin albums; on vinyl.
    I bought them all back in the early 90's and each one has been played no more than 2-3 times.
    I doubt they are worth all that much but I probably wouldn't sell them anyway.

12. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have (apparently) a baseball-sized antipersonnel mine from World War 2. It's blue with metal clasps holding it closed, and weighs quite a bit for it's size.

My dad has an antique cash register that is among the first electric models ever built.

13. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After double-checking, it actually isn't a mine. It's a training bomblet for a cluster munition.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive mentioned it before but I have my dad's collection of pictures he took when he was a amateur photographer in the late 60's/early 70's. I haven't been back through them but I hope to christ I returned the black and white Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon tour shots he did. I had taken them to school to develop in photo class but I lost track of them. But there are some wicked color ones as well. Also, Polaroid's of Jimi Hendrix, shots of Alice Cooper, The Grateful Dead, unfortunately his shots from a Sonny and Cher concert were swiped by the developers...

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My family has a horse headed cane that was carved by Geronimo. He was held in jail in Mt Vernon, AL, where my dad's family is from. An ancestor of mine (not sure if it was a grandfather or an uncle of some sort) was his translator during that time.