Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

It's The Little Things...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And I thought my dog was happy to see me after a couple months at school.

Edit: I'm an idiot and just noticed this video is posted in the Pet Thread already. Regardless, seeing the dog for the first time after being away is a great feeling. Shit I'm dumb.

#41 cllrbone11, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Nate17

Nate17
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is strange, but this one thing makes me happy- I'm a cop, and when I realize that I'm the one who people depend on for help, guidance, and protection, Its just a feeling I cannot put into words knowing so many people depend on me and my decisions. Not a god complex, but it is a scary feeling and at the same time gives you motivation to be a better person.

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So how does it feel like being John C. Reilly's character from Magnolia?

[​IMG]

4. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a hunter and a fisherman and I understand that the sunrises are supposed to be so magical and I really do feel a connection with nature and the environment when I'm hunting. However... Nothing quite matches the feeling I get when a big, fat, drake duck (species is of little consequence) cups into my decoy spread and I know that I'm about to bust his ass. Every hunter has his angle that he is proficient in. For some, it's coming straight to him. For others it's straight away or crossing. For me, it's an approaching duck, coming from left to right. Rarely do I miss that shot. Everything switches into auto-pilot, the safety goes off and I tap the trigger. I like the way a duck looks when he's falling from the sky and his head is folded against his back- a sure sign that he's dead and not going to dive. These shots are usually pretty boring for the dog, but he still retrieves it, already prepared for the next duck.

5. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I love skating, be it playing pond hockey, intramurals at my school, or just an open skate night at the rink. The chill of the rink, the sound of my skates cutting into the ice, the wind in my face, the cold air burning my lungs, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. I'm a pretty reserved guy, but the mention of pond hockey or an open skate night makes me ecstatic, to the point where my girlfriend gets worried that I'm so excited about something. There is nothing like the day when the ponds are finally frozen enough to skate on, though the term frozen enough is as subjective as they come, and has and will be the spark of countless arguments between and worried mother and her desperate sons. I won't be able to sleep tonight I've gotten myself too pumped for winter break and the always too short pond hockey season.

6. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read the thread twice, and two? Really Two? FEKKIN TWO? I saw two booze related posts!

Not one of you supposed degenerates mentioned anything like:
    The beginning of a good buzz after a bad day?
    Or finding a bartender that at least asks if you want a real martini, or a vodka one?
    Tailgaiting with bad beer, worse (morally) women, and the truly horrible people you call friends?

Idiot board my ass! This is the morally decent, well adjusted, non alcoholic board!

Edit: And I refuse to belive that the real Free Boat would have not at least given a shout out to the gut rot in a post about the little things in life! The man who started this thread is a dirty imposter! Hell he has probably never even dreamt of a free boat!

7. McDermott

McDermott
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Children: Just talking with children in general. There is something incredibly earnest and unpretentious about children that I can appreciate. It's really refreshing. I guess puberty just makes most people narcissists.

Work You Love: Fuck, nothing beats waking up in the morning and knowing that today you get to do something you love. I mean today I got up and all I have to do today is work on a presentation about osteoporosis. I don't even know anything about osteoporosis but it's going to be fun as fuck learning about it and presenting it in a way that people can understand. Oh, and I get PAID? Awesome.

8. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a very hit or miss for me with children, I've got the power advantage, but they're really agile.

Finding peers or younger folk who appear to be doing something more than just plodding ahead blindly, who can engage in a conversation, who have passion for something. Here, it's often passion for things I disagree with them on in some way, passion's nice, but patience is kinda important in discussions. The wounded tone of an upper-middle-class white chick who says "the American Holocaust was one of the greatest tragedies of the world, and it's just shameful" in response to me talking about Columbus landing and how those diseases wracked the New World and make it really easy for white settlers go get in on the action; that person I can do without. "Let me finish my statement, you dumb bint! Everyone on this campus knows the Euros+Disease killed lots of Natives, your indignant tone isn't reaching any new ears!"

9. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going into the bathroom stall at work and seeing that the water is still blue from when the cleaning people came the night before. First cheeks on the seat is a win.

10. Forest Ranger

Forest Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I used to hate working outside as well. I wanted to work inside even though we lived in the country. I hated to split wood, cut grass, it just wasn't for me. I loved animals so I worked on a farm for a few summers, and now I love to work outside and want to go into a career where i am hands on outside.

Everytime someone moans about having to do something I just think shit, its better than a farm!

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I see dead threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.