Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

It's SCIENCE, Bitches!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Jul 7, 2012.

1. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, apparently we have a working prototype model of an actual HOVERBOARD. Jump to around 1:06 in the video to get to the actual working hoverboard.

2. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Done... with space harpoons.

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I have the biggest fucking science boner right now. I love watching that assfuck Dr. Oz get put in his place. Way to make up ~50% of your fucking recommendations, douchecanoe.
    Televised medical talk shows—what they recommend and the evidence to support their recommendations: a prospective observational study
    Spoiler alert: Results and conclusions below.
    Results: We could find at least a case study or better evidence to support 54% (95% confidence interval 47% to 62%) of the 160 recommendations (80 from each show). For recommendations in The Dr Oz Show, evidence supported 46%, contradicted 15%, and was not found for 39%. For recommendations in The Doctors, evidence supported 63%, contradicted 14%, and was not found for 24%. Believable or somewhat believable evidence supported 33% of the recommendations on The Dr Oz Show and 53% on The Doctors. On average, The Dr Oz Show had 12 recommendations per episode and The Doctors 11. The most common recommendation category on The Dr Oz Show was dietary advice (39%) and on The Doctors was to consult a healthcare provider (18%). A specific benefit was described for 43% and 41% of the recommendations made on the shows respectively. The magnitude of benefit was described for 17% of the recommendations on The Dr Oz Show and 11% on The Doctors. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest accompanied 0.4% of recommendations.

Conclusions: Recommendations made on medical talk shows often lack adequate information on specific benefits or the magnitude of the effects of these benefits. Approximately half of the recommendations have either no evidence or are contradicted by the best available evidence. Potential conflicts of interest are rarely addressed. The public should be skeptical about recommendations made on medical talk shows.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only thing worse than Dr. Oz are the mindless twats who hang on to his every word like its gospel.

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A team of self-proclaimed "biohackers" injected a subject's eyes with bioluminescence to give him night vision.

So, that's pretty gnarly.

Body mods are going to happen. Robotic prosthetics is advancing seriously. Some TED Talks guy theorized Johnny Mneumonic brain hard drives would be available this century, allowing people to access databases instantly.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the hydraulic cock.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

As much as I love science and how it furthers us while mocking the stupid, body mods are something I remain a bit skeptical. If this experiment truly worked.... wow. That really is something.

I have some skepticism because it seems to be producing amateur fucksticks who pull bio-mechanic brainfarts out of their asses. Let's not forget our charlatan shit-for-brains friend pictured below who claims sewing a giant thermometer under his flesh was ground-breaking body modification:

..if his arm rots off, I'll laugh. Plain and simple.

Attached Files:

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im not too sure as how the mechanisms of that bioluminescent stuff worked on the guy's eye, if it actually did. All I know is every time I hear someone babbling on about biohacking they turn out to be hipster douche bags. I hope they all get massive infections when their gauged ear crust falls into their open wound surgery.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher