Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by MooseKnuckle, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Liberace

Liberace
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

When Frank was dressed as Rambo and going off on Cricket about drawing First Blood, was a laugh out loud. Also, Charlie grabbing the butcher knife and threatening to cut off Frank's calf muscle.

2. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Did anyone else catch the subtle throwback to the episode "Charlie Has Cancer"? In that episode, two people see Mac punch the tranny and exclaim "Is that a hate crime? Shit yea it's a hate crime!". In this week's episode, I think it was the same guys with the "Is that a hate crime?" quote. I love it when a show does things like this that throwback to previous seasons. Feels like a small reward for watching from the beginning.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the one show where the dialog sticks with me. I've been talking about "wasp honey" all week and getting strange looks from my friends and other people who have overheard me.

It was all worth it when the cashier at the grocery store started cracking up as I read the back of the honey bottle to check how much wasp honey it contained.

4. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last night's show was pretty good. Just in case people are waiting to watch it on DVR:

The eagle costumes were funny and I liked that Rickety Cricket came back. I just wish his part was a little bit bigger because he can be hilarious. Overall, the episode was good, but not as good as the milk steak episode. For me, that has set the bar for a little while.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was some really good moments in this. I thought the last part with the actual wrestling was anticlimactic as the psycho guy had already been arrested and the others wimped out or were incapacitated way too quick. Still had some good moments with Dee and the other girl fighting over the army guy.

6. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

5 stars this episode. 4 of them are for using Rowdy Roddy Piper.

7. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I loved Dennis' comments at the start about Hulk Hogan's chinese hair and hotdog skin, gold. Great episode.

8. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That was an awesome episode so many great moments.

The soldier not actually being crippled and proving how hypocritical Dee really is was awesome. The "rose" outfit. Cricket bashing Dee in the head with a steel chair as she's singing Kiss From a Rose instead of the national anthem, I was in tears.

9. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just in case...

Absolutely amazing. I say it every week, but this show is constantly outdoing itself. Charlie's infomercial at the beginning was ridiculously funny. "Think there's no answer? You're sooooo stuuupid! There is!"

And I like that lawyer guy that keeps popping up. His level headed rationality is so foreign to the rest of this show.

And the commercial they showed at the end has some sweet throwbacks to previous episodes.

But the dick towel stole the show for me. I went straight to the web site when they mentioned it on the show. It let me in for a few seconds and then the site must have crashed because I still can't get on. But there is a sweet youtube video of it:

Another great episode again.

edit: Just remembered about Dennis' "frame bang" idea. When he explains that he'll "ease into her real nice" I cracked up. Way too much funny in this one.

#29 MooseKnuckle, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The best part of that was how offended he got after the lawyer mentioned rape. "What?! Rape?! No!" haha

11. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yet again, the bar has been set. The whole episode was hilarious. The "shot"gun idea was awesome (and reminded me of Homer's make-up shotgun--"Marge, women will like what I tell them to like"). Charlie's dialog, as always, killed. "Fork night"? I was dying.

The dick towel, the contract eating, everything was fantastic.

12. Big Texas Butters

Big Texas Butters
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

13. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's more than just a site, it's a sales video:

#33 MisterMiracle, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  14. Warna

Warna
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Already bought two. It's going to make a great Christmas gift. Of course I will be keeping one for myself. That episode was absolutely ridiculous. Everything Charlie said had me in tears. Frank's short dialogues were golden as well. "I'm gonna sue your balls off!"

15. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anybody else catch Heather of Rock of Love "fame" as one of the sluts in the lawyer's office?

16. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Meeeeeeeeeoow

Charlie's sales-pitch video was priceless. And Dennis' deadpan speach about getting a bustier chick, "we wanna go weird with it, get really freakish", gold.

Edit: Charlie's shirt of a leprechaun fighting a deer. Where do that find that shit?

17. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I watch this show so much that, after falling asleep, I dreamed an entire episode of It's Always Sunny.

I had a dream that the gang goes to live with a freakish religious cult that has an obsession with bouncy rubber balls and javelins...when the gang tries to escape at the end everyone in the cult comes after them with their bouncy balls and Charlie ends up getting struck with a javelin. I've quit smoking weed for about two weeks now. WTF?

18. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My sisters are all just getting into this show, even though I have been telling them about it since the first season. Our favorite way to say goodbye to each other now is, "See ya later, cock & balls."

I used to live in So. Philly and my favorite game to play is "where did they shoot that scene?" I have seen my street on there several times and am just waiting for the day I see my house. I will die.

19. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Been watching my Season 4 DVDs, it was a damn good underrated season. Mac and Charlie die are two of the funniest episodes.

The glory hole in the bathroom is hilarious.
    Charlie: "I gotta go fill in Dee's dickhole, I'll be right back."

20. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no idea when/if they're actually going to broadcast it in the USA, but if you go to sidereel.com they have a Sunny Christmas episode you can watch that is simply amazing.