Separate names with a comma.
This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.
Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by MooseKnuckle, Oct 19, 2009.
I definitely think the funniest show on TV needs its own thread
In honour of the show, we should have a top5 episode list.
In no order:
1. Gail the Snail
2. The Glory Hole Episode
3. The Gang Try's out for the Eagles (GREENMAN)
4. The Gang Solves North Korea
5. The Gang Exploits the Mortage Crisis
Season Three will always stand out to me. The first few eps of it were incredible.
1. The Gang Gets Invincible - Dennis, Mac, and Dee tryout for the Eagles. Frank and Charlie tailgate. Frank takes acid, sneaks acid on Charlie. Green Man appearance.
2. The Gang Gets Held Hostage - The McPoyles are back and kidnap the gang in their own bar. Frank is trying to get his will so he can destroy it. Watching it while keyed, this shit made me think I was watching an episode of 24 but hilarious.
3. Underage Drinking: A National Concern - The gang allows underage kids to drink in their bar, but they water down all the bar and jack up the prices. They get involved within all the drama of the high school kids that are drinking. The high school chick in this episode is ridiculously hot.
4. The Gang Hits the Road - The gang goes on a roadtrip to the Grand Canyon. The U-haul being opened to see Charlie and Dennis passed out from the smoke from the wicker chairs was priceless.
5. The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby - The gang finds a baby in the dumpster that Mac and Dee try and turn into a star. Charlie investigates to find out if Frank is his father. "I survived the abortion, DAD! I'm an abortion survivor, DAD!"
Three of those were early season 3, one was season 5, and one was season 1.
Honorable Mentions: The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis, The Gang Gets Racist, Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person, Charlie Got Molested, Charlie Gets Crippled, America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model
I for one LOVED last weeks (The waitress is getting Married). A Charlie centered episode in my opinion is always going to be the funniest. My favorite part...
Dennis: "So Charlie what are your interests?"
In no particular order...
1. Underage Drinking: A National Concern.
2. Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare
3. The Gang Finds A Dumpster Baby
4. Sweet Dee's Dating A Retarded Person
5. The Gang Gives Frank An Intervention
1985392. The Dave & Buster's Episode
I don't disagree with any of the choices for best show, but one of the things I love about it is that each show can stand alone and be funny. Sure we know a lot about each of the characters but you can sit there and laugh for 30 minutes and not be thinking about it later. Great dumb humor............. kinda like what RMMB was.
I'll have the milksteak please.
With a side of your finest jelly beans...raw.
The two episodes where they deal with the mob have always been my favorite. Rickity Cricket is fucking amazing in those as well.
The full on rapist line may have been the funniest line in all 5 seasons. I actually laughed out loud for a minute straight after Charlie said that.
My favorites in no particular order:
1. The Gang Gives Back
2. The Gang Gets Invincible
3. Sweet Dee's Dating A Retarded Person
4. Bums Making A Mess All Over The City
5. The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis
These are just the first five that come to mind. Each episode has something to offer, especially season three. The Gang Gives Frank An Intervention and The Waitress Is Getting Married may make that list someday. I need to re-watch them sober first in order to make an accurate assessment. It's Always Sunny is my favorite show on television simply because after a long week of classes and work*, it's nice to bring it down a few notches with some exceptionally dumb humor and a few beers.
*My week ends on Thursdays... thank you public universities!
I loved Denis and Dee go on Welfare. If I remember right, that's the one where they got addicted to crack.
It was a hilarious line, but I honestly heard that line a good 10 times before the episode in various promos. I hate when they ruin great quotes that would otherwise knock you on your ass.
I've got to nominate "Dennis Reynolds: an Erotic Life".
Not because of anything Dennis does, but once again, because of Charlie and Frank. The cat food/glue/beer scene had me pissing my pants, among many other scenes.
Definitely one of my favorites.
Charlie Gets Crippled is another great one
Which episode is it that opens with Mac and Charlie in court testifying something about Mac's dad. I think it was last season. All I remember is Charlie talking about butts a lot. Anyway, those 3 minutes are among the best the show has done.
Edit: I think that's also the episode where they use Dee's car to fake their suicides. That whole bit was funny as hell too.
Mac and Charlie Die (part 1) in season 4
Had to google it b/c it's way too detailed to remember, but
“That’s Tammy, Trey’s ex-girlfriend. This is classic Tammy. Trey broke up with Tammy because Maureen Kinallen said that she saw Tammy flirting with Walt Timby at a party, but she was only doing it to make Trey jealous, because, you know, she thought that Trey secretly liked Erin Hannabry, but he doesn’t like Erin Hannabry; it was all a bunch of bull.”
Not funny at all in black and white, but when Charlie delivers it in context it's awesome. I cried laughing for a good 3 minutes.
Another great quote. I honestly think Season 1 is supremely underrated given the popularity of the newer seasons. I strongly recommend fans of the show who haven't seen Season 1 to watch it immediately. The character development isn't as evident, but it's still just as hilarious.
With Green Man coming back and all the other crazy shit that happened in this episode, I laughed pretty much through the entire episode. It's the only TV show where I actually laugh out loud.