Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

It's A Great-DAAAAAAY To Be Alive! WDT 6/3/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Rise and shine, people! Its that time again! Good mornin', good mornin'!

You know those mornings where you wake up, and everything is right in your world, and you go about the rest of the day with a little extra hitch in your giddy-up? Today is one of those days for me. I had a good night's sleep, woke up 10 minutes before my alarm went off at 4:45AM wide awake and completely refreshed, had a great workout, came home and made a small breakfast for The Wife and I, played with the baby for a few minutes (he even smiled- SUPER DAD NUMERO UNO!), tasted my new homemade salsa that I made last night and found that it was absolutely perfect (and the recipe I've been searching for FOR YEARS- WOOOOO), prepped my fish that I'm cooking tonight (grilled fish tacos), did the dishes, made a grocery list- all of this and I don't even have to be at work for another 2 hours!

I AM THE GREEK GOD OF DADNESS AND HUSBANDRY: FATHERCLEAS! BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND PRESENT YOUR OFFERINGS IN THE FORM OF OLD CHARTER AND CHICKEN WINGS!

And to make it all better, its effin' Friday! Even if you've had a shitty morning/week, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, and today is that day! FRIGGIN' SEIZE IT, PEOPLE!

... Oh, and before you ask, I don't even drink coffee. Ha!

Oh, and eff Travis Tritt. Cory Morrow didn't write the song, but he sure as Hell owns the shit out of it now.

Let's get after it, people!

2. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Post the salsa recipe please.

As for "one of those mornings", no. Woke up, hit snooze, Tonka decided to jump on the bed to wake me up, hit me in the balls. Had to wake both the kids up, harass them to get ready for school. They are dragging their feet still, hoping to miss the bus. My wife had to work a late shift at the hospital last night, and didn't get to bed until 3:30 a.m. So, I'm trying to keep the kids and dogs quiet so she can sleep, and Tonka has decided it should be Wrestlemania with the Corgi.

Fun fun fun!

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Blue Dog why would you go and ruin a perfectly wonderful morning for yourself with country music?

4. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would have had a great morning, but the sound of the shower running (the bathroom is next to my bedroom) woke me up with a horrible urge to pee. I tried to ignore it, but I had to get up and go to the bathroom. Because of that, I can't get back to sleep. Because my weekend started on Wednesday, I'm going to continue to lay out in the sun and drink at noon.

5. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I woke up before my alarm but I think that is because my stomach was rolling from something I ate yesterday. Should be an easy half day of work unless my stomach keeps up like it has. I'm gonna cut out at noon, get some lunch, go see the new X-Men movie, then put some miles on the motorcycle.

Tomorrow is golf followed by a friends 30th birthday party. I've only been drinking now for a week so it may be a short night for me.

Sunday there is a Tough Enough To Wear Pink motorcycle run that a friend and I are going to. Women on motorcycles for the win!

All and all looks like a promising weekend.

6. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

... 'Cause! Lookie!

I'll put it in the Cooking thread when I get to work, along with my fish taco recipe that I'm trying.

#6 Blue Dog, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm glad someone is having a productive morning. I slept like shit and because of this, decided to sleep a little longer instead of working out this morning.

Keep blasting that country music Blue Dog. I couldn't be more ready for this weekend. Going to a barn dance at my parent's friends' place tonight where this band http://theyoungerbrothersband.com/music will be playing. Should be a hell of a time.

8. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every morning is a great morning!

- Up and at'em at 5:30
    - On the trail with the pooch by 6
    - Back home and cooking breakfast (scrambled eggs w/ havarti cheese layered in and a BIG slice of homemade chocolate chip banana bread) by 8.
    - On the couch with said breakfast right now.

Better still... closing on the sale of my building today. Didn't want to breathe a word of it until it was a done deal. Now I have 60 days to find a new location for my storage business and relocate the vehicles. It's going to be a pain in the ass but the price was too good to pass up. Also there's a 18,000sf building on 31 acres just down the road from my house for cheap cheap money.

One local meeting scheduled at 11AM and then a nice relaxing afternoon of planting some ground cover plants around the pool while the weather is nice and cool (65 and breezy today).

Oh, and of course celebratory beers and bud whenever the mood hits. Happy weekend!

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Commencement today. That meant I got the day off work, so I was able to sleep in a bit. I still woke up at my normal time but there's something deeply satisfying about waking up and knowing you've got nothing to do but slack off for an extra hour.

Funny thing happened this week. Was in the elevator at the hospital; they are chronically slow, usually packed, and take forever because of lazy [profession that isn't mine] using them to go from the 5th floor to the 4th floor, despite the fact that it's a several minute wait and a 30 second walk down the stairs. For this reason I usually take the stairs unless I'm going around with someone who takes the elevator.

Going down to the ground floor one day, the elevator was perhaps half full. We stop two floors above ground, and who should be in the elevator lobby but 5 of the fattest women I've ever seen. The people in the elevator looked at them. They looked at us. One of them said, "Gee, are we going to fit?". I had to stop myself from laughing. Fuck no, of course you aren't going to fit, and a flight of stairs isn't exactly going to kill you either.

10. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I went to my boyfriend's soccer game last night and since the pollen count is so high, not scratching my eyes out will be a goal of mine today. However, today is looking gorgeous and as long as my boss keeps his office door open, I can see the beautiful sunshine out his window.

I have a wedding to go to tomorrow which should be really nice. I don't know the bride or groom very well, but my grandma asked me to go as her +1 so it'll be nice to spend some time with her. On Sunday I have a "bridal shower" to go to for the wedding from hell I'm going to be in in July. I was asked to bring 2 buckets of fried chicken. There's going to be a picture cake. I can't wait until everything surrounding this god-forsaken wedding is over. But that's what I get for agreeing to be in someone's wedding when I've only known them for a month. Ugh.

Happy Friday everyone!

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just started night shift. For the next two months, I'll be working 8PM to 8AM, and then, I will be transferred back to the stupid goddamned east coast.

I lived in Maryland for two years, and it sucked fucking balls. I'm not stoked to move back there from wine country, Cali.

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Talk about the fish prep, please, I'm making some tonight and could use some ideas. I don't make fish that often.

13. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A funeral today and a wedding tomorrow. Oh, the disparity of this weekend is amazing.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God, I hope you don't have three more of those weddings. You may fall in Love with Andy MacDowell.

15. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

God I love reading Yahoo answers at times. Knowing there is that much crazy in the world and I don't have to deal with any of it is awesome.

I think this weekend is going to be a good one, concert tonight and meeting the girlfriend's brother this weekend.

16. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't take my Ambien last night and so woke up 143 times. It's okay though, I don't feel as bad as I usually would. Got a long work day today and a longer one tomorrow, so my celebrating will be kept to a minimum. All the way til tomorrow night, anyway.

Happy Friday, Cheers, whatever floats your little boat....

and to balance out this country stuff:

or..

#16 PIMPTRESS, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tomorrow night, I black out.

18. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About to finish a month long road trip around the United Kingdom. I can honestly say it's been about 1-2 weeks too long. I'm doing it with two other friends, so we're a bit sick of the car (and probably each other) by now. Constantly moving isn't the greatest amount of fun either.

On the upside I've seen heaps of cool shit, and there's been so many ridiculous alcohol-related things that have happened.

In Watford at the moment, which seems to be a bit of a shithole. Looks like we'll just smash down a bottle of vodka for the evening in our hotel room, and watch some Tennis.

19. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My husband is away for the weekend, so I took it upon myself to bleach my hair platinum blonde and make a tattoo appointment for tomorrow.

Saturday night, I will torture my liver the best way I know how.

Sunday morning I will likely wake up with the taste of regret and beer in my mouth - and then I'll go pick up my husband and show him both my bad decisions.

20. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I'm going to a wedding in small town, Texas this weekend. It should be interesting as my cousin has a completely different lifestyle. He already has two kids with the soon to be Mrs. and her wedding shower is the day after the wedding. Kids, wedding, then shower. Makes perfect sense, right??

In all seriousness, it should be a fun wedding. There's gonna be barbeque, a country band, and lots of alcohol and dancing. I'm proud of him for not following in the footsteps of my drug addict, alcoholic uncle who walked out on him at a young age. Country wedding, yee-haw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.