Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

It's A Cavalcade Of Drunkeness! 4/16/10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Oooooooh Lawd- I can't wait to get drunk tonight! Not only has this week been crap, but I had to work construction on my buddy's fishing camp all of last weekend (two 13 hour days and a 5 hour afternoon's worth- we didn't wet a line), so I'm doubly in need of a night off!

I've already got it all planned out too- first, I'm gonna drink a beer! Yeah! Then, I'm going to cook this prime ribeye that is as thick as John Goodman's sausage fingers and enjoy and nice bottle of wine! Wooo Hoo! Then, I'm meeting up with some people to drink pitchers! Woooo- Pitchers! Then, I'm getting a big, tall, lovely 20oz styro of double Old Charter and seven at my favorite bar! It is going to be amazing! I may even kiss a girl- who knows!

But I have to finish work first, goddamn it. I have to input 72 locations onto a application, with twice as many class codes, and I'm only on location 20. Yall don't know what that means, but trust me- its about as cool as showering with your dad. Mother bitch.

Come on, 4:30! I'm so excited- I mean, I really just cannot hide it! I'm about to lose control- but you know what? I think I like it!

2. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I, much like Mr. Dog there, am stuck in the office until 4:30. The only difference is that I don't have shit to do!

I'm anticipating going home, washing cars, and drinking Natty Lights just as fast as I can piss them! Happy fuckin Friday!

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Yes dear?

Yesterday was total shit thanks to a hard drive failure and a power point presentation on it that was not backed up. Thankfully the tech (god bless you guys, seriously) was able to restore whatever had corrupted. Next was a meeting. One of the attendees of the meetings we have on a semi-regular basis is a creepo agent that stares at me. I mentioned it to my boss a year or so ago and it was shrugged off....until the guy just showed up in the office out of the blue to "say hi to my boss", yeah they aren't even close. My boss got it after that.

The place the meeting was held at had the temperature set at 150 degrees, I baked like a chicken. It all made for a 12+ hour day. Lovely.

Tonight I'm going to dinner at a friends place, we play a dice game that's kind of like poker only with dice, kinda sorta. The smack texting or "smexting"* as I call it has begun. To say I'm going to get shitty tonight is an understatement.

*Feel free to use and take full credit for the term if you wish.

4. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think that I'm going to make an appearance at a work happy hour. It's been a few months since I've shown my face, and after the week I've had, it's as good a time as any to throw back some beers with these guys.

I hope someone has a birthday coming up so I can play the "get the fool 3 shots of water and watch their face" game.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just joining the crowd of people working today. The difference for me is today is the day after the end of tax season and my phone is no longer ringing off the hook. There are not too many people in the building today so I can crank up my office stereo and finally get to some projects that have been put on hold for the last six weeks.

Right now I am listening to an old Grand Funk album (played at maximum volume per the instructions on the record) to be followed by some punk stuff I have laying around. Beer break at 3:00.

Really a pretty damn nice day at work. Plus a six pack of Caballo waiting at home.

6. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am precisely one hour and ten minutes away from Asylum opening in Adams Morgan. Now, I usually hate Adams Morgan, but the $2 beers, $0.50 wings, and $1.50 tacos will get me to Asylum for a while.

One hour and nine minutes.

7. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love Fridays because the weekend is near, but I also hate Fridays because they are the slowest day of the week. I can't bring myself to actually do any work so the minutes tick by like hours while I sit here and stare at my monitor.

If I can just make it through the next two and a half hours it will be worth it. My roommates birthday is tomorrow so one of our good friends is coming up from Dallas and we are going to spend the whole weekend drinking...and probably doing stupid shit.

Tonight we are planning on heading down to a place called Club Rodeo for shits and giggles and so our friend from out of town can check the place out. Only in Oklahoma can you go to a club where they alternate between country music and rap and there is a bull riding ring not 40 feet from the dance floor where they will have honest to God, live bull riding every hour or so. Should be fun.

8. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm taking off from work here in a few minutes to go out climbing with a buddy. Afterwards, a few beers will surely be had. Nothing like a cold bottle to make raw hands feel better. Then it seems that drunk skiing will be the plan for tomorrow. They're doing a "kayak-cross" on the hill, which means they'll be sending some kayakers downs a luge-like course into a puddle of freezing cold water... and there will be two dollar magaritas! Let's hope I don't pull the short straw and have to drive up there.

9. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Damn drunk thread, taunting me. I've got 2 1,500 word essays to write for Monday that I haven't started, no way can I fit in drinks this weekend.

However, any other UK students here will be eagerly awaiting the next Student Loan instalment at mindnight on Sunday. Think I might go down to Dublin for the night, great craic down there every night of the week.

10. big B

big B
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm going to get off work at 5 (screw you 4:30 on a Friday people), run a quick errand, and then drive over to my girl's house. Probably get about a beer and shot down before we're buck naked on the kitchen counter (or at least that's how I see it going down). Since we only get to see each other on weekends we'll probably resume drinking until we're ready to roll again. We briefly discussed Jager body shots, but who knows.
    Can we do a 'It's A Cavalcade Of Drunkeness! 4/16/10' recap on Monday to see if everybody's night went down as planned?

11. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I didn't have a drop for like a month and a half when I first started my workout. From that point up to now, unless it was a special occasion (Like Mardi Gras or the Super Bowl), I have completely given up drinking during the week. I do my running and my diet on weekdays so that I can do whatever I want on the weekends. I'm guessing I've lost somewhere around 50lbs since the beginning of January doing this.

Its working out pretty good for me so far, and I can honestly say that haven't felt this good in 10 years.

But with that being said, I've been letting my little brother's best friend sleep on my couch for the past few months (long story), and I think he bought me a surprise today to say thanks.

According to his text, I'm about 95% sure that there is a handle of Old Charter sitting on my kitchen table waiting for me to come home and play. Yay for being magnanimous! Imma take a bunch of shots of it and fly around my house like Roger Rabbit after he drinks whiskey!

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I'm pretty sure I'm going to devote my time what amounts to a homeopathic dilution of studying in procrastination. Monday morning you can all hear my inner thoughts of "fuck why didn't I learn that" as I read through the exam.

In other news, uh, hm. I'll probably take to my ritual of a nice glass of scotch before bed. It's like having a glass of milk to go to sleep, but way more awesome.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only have one day off this weekend (made up for by a three day next weekend), so I should be getting shitty when I get home at midnight.

14. Bosox

Bosox
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've had nothing to do at the office since about 3, but our office manager holds everyone until 5. But fuck it, the sun is shining, and I'm about 20 minutes from a very stiff, very cold Beefeater and tonic and my favorite madras shorts. Hooray weekend!

15. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got in from Cuba about 2 hours ago - We're probably going to the bar tonight. I need to keep up this record I've got going.

16. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

According to the homeopaths, you will be a genius by tomorrow.

17. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"I've got a degree in homeopathic medicine!"
    "You've got a degree in bologna"

Alright, Its about 20 till 5...I think I'm going to sneak out the back door and call it a day. I am in dire need of a cold beer.

18. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes yes, many bottles of delicious French wine in class, two of them brought by me. Getting drunk at 9:30 on a Friday in class? Yup, I think I had 5 glasses. The rest of the day hasn't gone quite as well though.

Going to go get lunch, lament how poor I am, and try to read the Analects before work. That fucking bar is calling my name, loudly.

19. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm drunk now and my wife's not answering her phone. I would take a vote on what to do from here but it really wouldn't matter much.

20. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Drink more. Is there really any question?

I finally got my computer desk finished and setup. This was a bitch project running conduit and all that shit. Attached is a picture below. To celebrate, I am grilling and drinking beer. I also have a girl flying in from Denver to spend the weekend. Life couldn't be better right now. I'm also attaching a rave even though this isn't the right spot:

Rave: Montreal Steak. If God used spices on his burgers, this is what he would use. We all know Chuck Norris uses this stuff.

[​IMG]

EDIT: The reason why I put my desk there - it was wasted space and over 3 feet wide. It fits perfectly. It's actually quite roomy. My monitor makes it look smaller because the monitor is 28".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.