Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Is that girl being raped? This is awkward, I'm gonna walk by

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vex, Oct 18, 2011.

1. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if this counts as related to this thread, but my sister found a dead body once, and no one believed her. She was about 11 at the time. While we were in the school bus, she looked out the window and saw it as we got off the expressway exit. She told the bus driver, who didn't care/ didn't believe her. Then she told my parents, who were also skeptical.

Eventually someone else found the body and my sister got to gloat about the most disturbing thing from our childhood.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our sue happy society has caused normally good, caring people to think of themselves first... and then second in many situations.

I was flying with my sister's boyfriend Mark who was a 2nd year resident and worked as a life flight EMT in California for a few years as well. Some guy in the back was having "chest pains" and the stewardess made an announcement looking for a doctor onboard. I immediately looked over at him and he just gave me a sideways glance and shakes his head.

A minute later the stewardess makes the same announcement and afterwards a middle aged guy begrudgingly makes his way down the aisle. I look over at Mark and he launches into a story he was told while on rotation.

The short version is that the doctor helped someone having respiratory problems and in the process "bruised their ribs" which they then sued him for, jacking up his insurance premiums. So the doctors recommendation was to assist someone only when you're the best/only option, and even then get them to swear in front of witnesses that they're not going to sue you later, and then whisper in their ear that you'll poison them if they do.

For background perspective Mark is the type of guy who gave away all of his extra clothes and rupees to beggars in India before catching his return flight home.

3. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In Australia we have 'Leavers' celebrations at the end of high school, where huge mobs of drunken kids descend on out of the way places to get fucked up and laid. Me and a friend (D) were drunkenly walking through a campsite when we came across a girl that was essentially passed out on a table. Head in her arms, non-responsive, etc. Some douchebag was 'making out' with her; kissing and groping her largely unconscious form while about 8 of his friends looked on. D walks in to the middle of all of them and says 'hey mate, she looks pretty gone, give it a rest alright?' (D is about 5'8, skinny, and non-violent but he also lacks fear. Same guy that got a gun pulled on us in a Russian strip club, incidentally).The guy stands up and punches D in the face. D kicks him in the stomach and drops him.

I'd like to say we fought the good fight, but 8 on 2 has predictable results, particularly when it was the first proper fight I'd ever been in. We got cracked, and I went down to some (presumably WWE-watching) fuckwit who picked up a chair and hit me in the head with it. I don't think I even landed a punch. The good news is that the noise woke up the surrounding campsites, and people came out, and the cops came. They took the girl to the Medical tent set up on the island, and we slunk off.

God I don't miss being young.

Oh, I nearly forgot this one. A couple of years back I was on a 2 day bender, had a bucks party Friday and then a mate's birthday at a strip club Saturday. I was remarkably high on a number of substances, and I was carrying serious jail time in my pocket. We got back to my mate's place, and I went to grab some stuff out of my car, whereupon I found a woman passed out on the road leading to a hospital. Fuck. I tried to wake her up and get her moving, but although she could make sounds she wasn't big on coherency. I initially thought she was an old woman, but it turned out she was a young drug fiend of some persuasion. Well, she was on the road to the hospital and I could see an ambulance and two parademics, so what the hell, right? I walk over to the paramedics and tell them there's a woman passed out on the road. I don't notice either a) the cop car next to them, or b) my friends walking in to their apartment and locking the fucking door, fearing the cops. So, I point her out to the medics and they say "Oh, a woman escaped from the hospital after an OD about half an hour ago but we couldn't find her." You couldn't find her? She's fucking 100m from the door of the hospital. Cue the cops walking over. I start attempting to nonchalantly walk away, as my friend's apartment is close and once inside I can ditch shit and hopefully avoid ruining my life because some crack fiend had the bad manners to attempt to die on a road. I turn the corner and reach the apartment while the cops are still about 60m away.

My fucking whore friends don't answer. One is outside on the balcony, and the other is presumably jacking off in the shower after an 8 hour, $1500 lapdance (Kids, don't go to a stripclub if it's your first time on X.) I am ringing them, hammering the apartment bell, etc etc, while these fucking cops get closer. I end up hiding in a garden bed for a while while the cops try and rouse the fiend. Eventually I get through to one of my friends and he lets me in, and we sit on his balcony and watch the most surreal thing I've possibly ever seen.

The fiend gets up, but won't co-operate with the cops or the medics. There follows this bizarre low speed chase down a fairly major road, with an ambulance and a cop car driving at <5km/h following this chick as she staggers down the road shouting abuse at everyone and everything. Eventually they got around the corner and we lost sight of them. All of this was not what you need when you are experiencing a brutal come down.

For the stress that caused me, I sort of wish I'd just run her over.

4. _4_

_4_
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

A couple of months ago while driving up to Ventura County, my platoon and I were all in a school bus headed north for some training when we saw a car going south hit an offramp, go airborne, and flip 5 times through the air. We all screamed at the bus driver to stop but he didn't. He just kept saying "what would you guys have done?"

The worst part is, we could have done a lot. We had a Special Forces trained medic WITH all of his gear on him, plus all of us are trained more than most EMT's. Trying to get an ambulance through all of that traffic would have taken 30 + min and with the injuries I can only speculate that were sustained, 30 min is way to long.

We were there, we all witnessed it, and the bus driver took it out of our control. In hindsight we should have demanded he stopped the bus or even threatened him. To this day we all still talk about it.

I also haven't been able to find the accident on any news website.