Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

is that a single fucking peanut! GET THAT AWAY FROM ME

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by effinshenanigans, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I will never have to fear constipation. I'm one glass of milk away from a complete colon cleansing at all times. I can't stand the taste of milk though, I've had it on my cereal twice in the last fifteen years, and just as many sips. It's mild enough I can handle pizza and such, but I always take lactaid with ice cream to be on the safe side. Thankfully, I've seemed to developed a tolerance to whey protein shakes as long as it's mixed with soy milk or water.

2. Merle

Merle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Does everyone here remember the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie with Gene Wilder? Does anyone remember what happened to Violet when she ate the gum that had blueberry pie flavor? I did the same thing with strawberries.

When I was in kindergarten I LOVED strawberries. Everyday after school I would down a ziploc bag's worth of frozen strawberries. This went on until first grade when I inexplicably started turning bright, bright red over every square inch of my skin. It looked like I had horrible sunburn but I had no itching or dryness or anything. Picture the following link except everywhere on my body:

<a class="postlink" href="http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/hthrstarr/DSC_0164.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/h ... C_0164.jpg</a>

After many tests and doctor's visits it was determined it was caused by the strawberries. In hindsight I am happy I only turned red instead of having the near peanut like allergies some people can develop with strawberries. Fortunately I have grown out of it and can eat them to my heart's content now. I will see if I can dig up an pictures my parents may have taken.

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A mmate I used to work with had such a reaction to iced ocffee that without fail after one mouthful he would be off to the toilet for a crap. The funniest thing was that he loved it and couldn't help himself. It got to the point where the smell of it was enough or even if a group of us started talking about it around him he would have to dash off for a break.

4. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I don't have too many bad reactions to things. Here's a few I can think of:

Guavas - they make my asthma act up. Not a major problem if I have my inhaler with me.

Tequila - Regardless of the number of drinks I have had, that one is making an instant exit, the same way it came in. Three people I know now know I am not fucking around when I say "I will puke on you if I have to drink that."

Tartrazine - That one was bad news for me as a kid. Especially bad considering most of the chocolate in the 1980's here in S.A. had tartrazine as a preservative. Fuck. They seem to have taken it out of most chocolate here now, so I think there must be a lot of people sensitive to it.

Most antiseptic creams - when applied to an open wound on me, they will cause the cut/hole to fester and pus to come shooting out the next time the dressing is changed. This one is genetic - my dad has the same issues. I'm lucky in that I don't cut myself often.

5. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Like some on here, I can't even look at Penicillin without breaking out into hives and trying to go into respiratory failure. Also, I've gotten nature's triple whammy because I am allergic to most antibiotics. And by "most" I mean everything I've tried. I was once hospitalized with pneumonia. I spent most of the time out cold because of the huge doses of Benadryl they pounded me with every few hours to keep me from dying from the antibiotics. Good stuff.

6. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Phenylketonuria. It's a reaction to aspartame. Next time you get a diet coke, read the label, and it will have a small warning label for people with this goofy syndrome.

As for me, I've recently developed allergies to many breeds of dogs, which sucks. I haven't always been allergic to them, but now if they lick me or scratch my skin it turns red and itchy for over an hour, and my eyes get all watery, stuffed nose, etc.

At least I can eat whatever I damn well please.

7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're most likely allergic to dust/dust mites. They live in everyone's sheets and mattress, chewing on the dead skin your body shucks off. A few hours out of bed and away from those little monsters and the symptoms disappear.

8. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was never really allergic to anything as a kid, but over my adolescence I developed an allergy to grass. I blame my parents for making me mow the lawn. I also had a really weird reaction recently after going grocery shopping in flip flops. Apparently whatever they used to clean the floors was a little too toxic for my skin, and my feet turned bright red and my toes looked weird and obese. It took 15 minutes of running them under cold water, a bunch of cortizone cream and a double dose of benadryl to make them look normal again.

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well actually since you asked it's an inability to metabolize phenylalanine, an amino acid present in dietary protein. As a result, phenylketones build up in your body and you go retarded.

It requires a very specialized diet, consisting of products purchased mostly from specialty stores because of the need for a very low phenylalanine content. With PKU, your max daily protein intake is less than the amount of protein in your typical hamburger bun. Not the burger; just the bun. Otherwise you go retarded. Fun, ain't it.

In other diet-related news, some epileptic kids need to go on what's known as a ketogenic diet to help reduce seizures when medication doesn't work. Look it up - it'll make you want epilepsy.

10. amberisma

amberisma
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I know I said this in the phobia thread, but I'm VERY allergic to wasps. I got stung on my finger when I was younger and my entire arm swelled up to about 2-3x its original size, I broke out into a ridiculous amount of hives and my throat started to close. If coach didn't have an epi-pen in the medical kit, I would have been a goner. Happened again a few years later. Got stung by my collar bone. Thank goodness I was carrying my epi-pen then because there was no others around. Fuck wasps.

Aside from that, I was never allergic to anything else until last year. I started to have really bad sinus issues so my doctor treated me for sinus infections from February until July. Then when I broke out into hives a few times I saw an allergist at the end of July. I was rather (not deathly) allergic to 15 out of the 18 things I was tested for: 4 of 4 trees, multiple grasses, ragweed, cats, dogs, all types of feathers, dust, 4 of 4 molds.

I've been getting multiple allergy shots once a week since then, but they don't really feel like they're working. I still constantly have a stuffy/runny nose and run out of breath and start wheezing faster than a fat kid walking to the fridge. These fuckers better start working soon, or I will be extremely unhappy that I got stuck with multiple needles for no reason.

I also had to get rid of my down comforter after my allergy test. I was fucking pissed. That was my favorite thing ever.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm mildly allergic to eggs. I can eat pretty much anything that involves an egg as a partial ingredient (ie a cake), but anything from omelet on down will get me. Unlike most GI irritation type stuff, it doesn't rocket out of me at a rate of knots. It doesn't even constipate me. It just takes it sweet time rummaging through my innards releasing evil pockets of gas and twisting my guts into knots.

And I have a strange reaction to pseudoephedrine (assumed, based on taking a wide range of over the counter medications where it was the only apparent common ingredient). It knocks me out. One hayfever tablet can have me struggling to keep my eyes open.

12. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No allergies here but I'm highly intolerant to gay people.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Which is very ironic.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, don't worry about it, I've come to accept my two administrators here just fine.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just as a good bottom should.

16. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Keep whatever arrangement you and Chater have to yourselves and out of this thread.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's just logistics... he gets you this week, I get you next week.

18. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You wish, I'm not getting any sex anytime soon from nobody. Not you, not Chater and definitely not TheVirgin.

Now we gotta delete all these posts because we're madly off-topic.

19. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Off topic but funny as hell.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fixed that for you.