Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Internet Hook-Ups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Think, Jun 6, 2010.

1. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When I moved up North for my first radio gig, I admit that there were definitely some lonely nights. I would look out my window at the -30 degree winter and long for just 'one-night' to be back home with my pals. Because of that, I spent a ton of time online, and chatted up a lot of girls from back home, though I was 10 hours away.

When I returned home for a guest-speaking engagement at my alma-mater I was flooded with facebook friend requests from students who wanted to keep in touch and network. One request was from a gorgeous brunette named Leah. We started swapping messages back and forth through Facebook, which then turned into three hour MSN conversations. Shortly thereafter we were talking on the phone for hours, and soon I was making plans to come back for a visit.

I drove into the city and met up with 'Leah' at her place. It started off a little awkward, but soon enough we were laughing, watching movies and conversing naturally. My parents allowed me to host a small get-together at their place later that night, and Leah was more than happy to be my date for the evening. She got a long really well with my friends, the drinks were flowing freely, and she ended up spending the night with me. We were both young, naive and lonely, so it should come as no surprise that the next morning we had the 'talk' and agreed to date exclusively.

Two days later I returned home, checked my e-mail, and there was an e-mail from Leah telling me how she had already paid for my next flight home (in three weeks) and that she wanted me to tell nobody. She wanted to have an 'alone' weekend likely filled with sex, pot and good eats.

Much to my surprise, I arrived at her place three weeks later to a surprise party that Leah had arranged for me. She got in touch with like 20 of my friends, and threw a rager in my honor. Sounds perfect right?

About an hour into the party, things started to get weird. Leah and I snuck off into her room for about five-minutes, and during our escape, one of my female friends got really choked at me. She was livid that I was focusing the majority of my attention on this 'new girl' rather than working the room and talking to her more.

***Quick Note.*** I have a lot of history with the above mentioned female friend. We were friends for a LONG time, and made a stupid-ass decision to have sex before I moved North. Things have NEVER been the same since, and I attribute her reaction to some lingering bitterness and jealousy.

Leah didn't take too kindly to my friend's reaction, which set-off a major shouting match! A few of my friends left the party, and things quickly spiraled down-hill from there. I went from 'happy-drunk' to 'pissed-off at everything' in a matter of minutes. I was torn because I thought my friends were being assholes, but I didn't like how Leah was instigating arguments.

We had some passionless sex that night, followed by a really awkward day together. Long story short, we went out drinking the next night, and things got heated between Leah and I. I was sad that I had upset my friends, and she essentially called them all assholes and told me I was better off without them. I was pissed. I got crazy drunk (again) and got a Drunk-in-Public ticket from a cop.

I woke up the next morning (on the couch), walked into her bedroom and told her that it was over. I had lunch with my parents, and lied through my teeth about how much fun I had over the weekend. I wanted so badly to tell them about the police ticket, the fights and the disappointment, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

Post-break up:

Leah tried and almost successfully sabotaged my application to my current job. Like a total fucking clutz, I clicked 'YES' when gmail asked if I wanted her lap-top to remember my password - Next thing I know she had gone into my e-mail account, did some snooping and sent a nasty e-mail to my soon-to-be boss.

By the grace of God my boss looked past this glitch, and I was hired.

All of this stemmed from an internet relationship. Never again.

2. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think OkCupid is great. It's free, so the folks there typically aren't as desperate as those on the pay sites like eHarmony or Match. I've had decent relationships with 2 girls off the site, and I'm already updating my profile now that I'm single again.

My biggest problem with OkCupid is that the idiot troll nerdboys that are on there send SO many messages to the hot girls, which makes them jaded and less likely to respond to messages from non-nerds. My ex showed me some of the messages she got, and I was floored. Absolute gameless drivel. All of it. (Then again, it makes my carefully worded, well thought out messages seem that much better by comparison...)

3. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've made a couple feeble attempts at internet dating. It doesn't really hold my interest for very long, and I've no idea how to put together a profile. I am at my best when I am able to actually talk to a woman.

I did however, meet the longest relationship of my life(8 1/2 years) in a yahoo chatroom back in '98. Have hooked up with a few women I've reconnected with on facebook. Over all I'd say no, not a fan. I do however not think that you're any more likely to meet a crazy online than you are face to face. It's a crapshoot. In this day and age, I don't think there is any stigma attached to it anymore.

4. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Is it me, or do black dudes on dating sites get no success? Maybe it's just me...

Anyway, the only time I tried to hook up with someone from myspace was back in 2007. I was 18 and inexperienced. She looked cute. Nice body, nice face. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Loved the fact that I spoke French (which is what her parents spoke at home). Overall, she seemed like a nice person.

Why didn't I get with her? Well, she was just bat shit crazy. The 2'nd time we hung out, she just started talking about how she had been beaten and sexually abused and raped; yeah. That freaked me out a bit, considering the most personal thing I told her about myself was that I was from San Jose. Crazy bitch.

I stopped hanging out with her after that. A week later, she called me up crying asking why I wouldn't go out with her and started saying that we'd be a good couple and how NO guy has ever turned her down before.

"I'm hot. You know this. Why don't you want. TELL ME"

Yeeaaah. I don't do the random internet thing anymore. Not with normal-looking-psycho bitches like her running around.

5. kakutogi

kakutogi
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Fucked my first scandinavian-features girl on craigslist. We got high and fucked until we were all bruised up. She was 17, I was 19 at the time. She'd been to juve for punching her mom, done ketamine, coke, meth. It lasted about half a summer. One time I woke up ass naked, turned my head, and saw one of her huge brothers walk into the room, rubbing his sandy eyes. I let out a "uhhh" and he saw my supple chinese boy ass and went "whoa..." and walked back out. Nice of him not to stab me.

She was pretty but nothin super special. The definition of white trash beautiful, i guess.