Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Internet Hook-Ups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Think, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Think

Think
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

2 of my close friends use the internet (Myspace, Facebook, POF, Match, Zoosk, etc) to fuck girls all the time. I think this is hilarious and phenomenal. I've only met about 5-6 of girls off the internet and but only ended having sex with one (which ended up being a short-term girlfriend). After my friend told me he got laid off POF all the time I wanted to give it a try, first time was when I came into Houston for work I hit up this one girl off POF, we flirted back and forth online, then met up in person. We talked dirty to each other the whole time and ended up going home with hickies and told me to look forward to getting a hotel together (since she worked in one we could get one free)

Day 2 we decide to meet up again. We go out joke around flirt a lot like day 1 but then I make a small joke about another girl and everything fucks up. "Are you serious? Are you fucking talking to other girls? You need to start getting serious with me." Well that was fun while it lasted. I texted my friend to call me to get me out of the situation something about running out of gas and having to go an hour away. Never talked to that psycho again.

Focus: Discuss your successful and tragic internet hook-ups.

Alt. Focus: Internet dating. Do you use it? How successful has it been for you?

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FOCUS: I've had some bad ones. Women seem to lie about their photos, a lot. Oh really, I wish I would've known that was you two years and 40 pounds ago. Splendid. For example, I chatted with this one girl off of match for a while. Things seemed to go well, shared some similar interests, etc.. We finally decide to meet up and I barely even recognized her. It was disgusting. She had to have used all pictures before her freshman 40. She went from a pretty decent looking girl to an unkept, nasty, sea turtle. I'm not a dick so I pressed on through the date (luckily we went to a baseball game so I could be distracted). She drank more beer than I did, ate more food, and probably could fart louder than I could too. And, when the end of the night came, she definitely went in for the kiss. I pulled away saying I wanted to wait but I can only imagine it would have been like making out with Jabba the Hut.

I talked to her one more time and went on avoidance after that.

ALT-FOCUS: My current girlfriend I met on POF. There are SO many disgusting girls on that site I'm kind've surprised I found some good quality. Definitely a diamond in the rough. It's scary how much we have in common.

3. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I recently made an account on Cougar Life, but to message people you have to get a paid account. It looks like there are a ton of fake accounts on there created by the staff that just message you, trying to get you to pay so that you can message back. I think our MILFs deserve better than this.

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got married before Al Gore invented the internet. My sister met her husband through match.com, but they must have used another name for the asshole category.

5. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've done quite a bit of internet dating. I've met 2 boyfriends that weren't too bad on there, a handful of people who've become good friends (one with benefits) and an assortment of psychotics, over an on/off again span of 2 years. All in all, I find it generally easier than 'real life' dating, because you know everyone is there for the meat market in one form or another, so it makes the ice breaking process easier.

Quick tips: Lavalife is for the random hookups, PoF is probably 70/30 for random hookups vs people actually looking for someone to date, and the only attractive matches eHarmony will give you are the ones from 500km away, regardless of how important you make your distance settings.

6. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After college, I went MySpace trolling once I decided that the friends of friends pool I had at my disposal was lacking. I figured it would be a compliment to my going out to bars and meeting girls strategy--which did work well--and, if nothing else, would provide some funny stories later on and maybe some random sex.

2+ years later, and I'm still with my MySpace-acquired girlfriend. I'm honestly surprised that it worked out the way it did because I had no faith that I'd find anyone of real value on there.

7. Think

Think
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

ALT FOCUS: My short-term girlfriend I met was off Myspace. She was from Wichita Kansas and had just moved to Dallas and didn't know anybody, originally I thought she looked hot but approached her in friend-manner but we ended up clicking and started dating each other for the next couple of months and she dumped her boyfriend of 4 years for me. We only lasted a couple of months because I was psychotic from a recent heartbreak but on a positive note the sex with this girl had to be one of the hottest, she squirted!

8. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can attest to this one. I tried eHarmony for a few months about a year or so ago. I live in Northern Indiana. Where did all the best looking matches come from? Chicago. Not a huge distance mind, but still an impediment if you wanted to do just a casual in person meet and greet kinda thing. I kinda regret not sticking it out. Around the time I decided to delete my account I did get messaged by a cute blond that actually lived relatively nearby. Oh well.

So...........eHarmony. Good if you wanted to see what all the dumpy looking single mothers of two or three kids, who live nearby, look like and what the good looking people, who live hundreds of miles away, look like.

9. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SGEDIT: Is there a reason you quoted your above post here, and that was it?

10. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think that pretty much everyone can agree that fat girls on the internet have completely ruined the word "thick." 250 is not thick, and you are not a "big beautiful woman," and you do not have "curves." In other news, I don't put a lot of faith in internet dating.

Sure it works out for some people sometimes, but I feel like everyone trying to find the right person online is just a used car salesman. You see all the good details and fluff without any of the real person. If I had a dollar for every "im just a fun spontaneous girl lol but i can b a bitch when i want to xoxo" I've seen, I'd be buying hookers like Charlie Sheen and not give a fuck about dating at all.

11. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This may be a little bit off topic, as it's not internet dating per se, but last week I got rejected...via blog comment:

12. Suit Jacket

Suit Jacket
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've done some Internet dating mainly to fill the gaps in some just too busy/bad luck/bored gaps in normal dating. As I like random and most of my "dates" are really just because I want to try a new restaurant or something, it works fine for me. Most girls capable of writing a coherent e-mail can at least supply me with a semi-decent conversation for a meal. If they are actually attractive, that's a bonus. I think I've had sex with one of them. I haven't really dated any of them.

Also, crazyblinddate.com is a website that I wish worked better than it did. I did one of those once, and while it didn't go anywhere, the idea amuses me still.

13. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I did the e-harmony thing for a very short period of time. Short version, she wouldn't post a picture so I figured she was a big girl but she seemed pretty cool and we did share some interests so we decided to go out. I got to her house to pick her up and when she opened the door she was a BIG girl, but I didn't have anything else to do and thought it would have been just too shitty to turn and run away. (When I say BIG I mean about 5'10" and pushing (estimated) 300). Of course according to the laws of blind dates I see several people I know at the restaurant. She had an ok personality and invited me in after dinner but I just couldn't do it. Don't meet up if they don't share a picture. I bailed on e-harmony after that.

I've hooked up off of myspace and facebook. These may be better options than the few dating sites I've had experience with.

Karma is a bitch though, I've put on a good 40lbs since I decided not to go out with her again.

14. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I did the POF thing once, and Im telling you never again. I found what I thought to be a hot redhead, she looked skinny and not so freckily so we got to talking and eventually we decided to meet at the movie theatre. I couldnt find her for the longest time and just when I was about to leave because I thought she stood me up, this 5'2" GINGER blob wearing a yellow sweater comes rolling over to me and says "Hey Jordan." Honestly she lookied like a fucking taxi cab. I was so pissed off for her being gross and not telling me I called her every name in the book for wasting my time, made a big huge scene and gave my movie tickets to the first person I seen. God damned false advertising.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not one to kiss and tell, but Shegirl's vagina tastes like Wearthers Originals and Maalox.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Lies. Skittles and morning dew.

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was introduced to a girl I dated for almost a year on myspace (our first few conversations took place there). A mutual friend hooked us up. But it wasn't like I was just randomly cruising for poon.

I've met girls from craigslist for fetish play a few times. It general worked out well. There was no one that I ended up being totally disappointed with.

I have never tried any of the real dating websites. I prefer meeting random crazy chicks at the bar. The only problem with that is, if I meet them there they generally drink as much as I do. And that brings a lot of crazy into the relationship.

18. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whatever, dude. When the Fruit Loops and milk are gone, Skittles and Maalox do in a pinch. If her vagina tastes like poverty breakfast, I'm on the trolley.

19. JoshP

JoshP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

FOCUS: I "met" my current girlfriend of almost 3 years on the internet. She had been friends with my younger brother in high school, and she was a year behind me at the other school across town. We had never met or said a word to each other. So I found it odd when she sent me a facebook friend request, but she was from the same home town and hot so I accepted. I was on my second tour in Iraq and we got to talking and exchanging emails. I came home on leave and we ended up hooking up, we got together and have been ever since. So fuck eHarmony, go bang some of your younger siblings’ friends from face book!

20. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Slightly Off-Focus Alt. Focus: I can't believe that these are the only stories that this board has. If even 10% of the stuff I remember read on the TMMB was true, there are some serious high velocity crazies e-mailing or texting each other and hooking up.

Focus However, I have no such stories. My excuse is that I'm old and work all the time. However, I met my wife through speed-dating, which I guess is internet-dating-ish. She loves to bring up and which is my eternal shame. As a coincidence, completely unrelated, some of her good friends knew my brother. That's what I tell myself, at least.