Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Intellectual Dark Web Dark Money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I really can't stand these people. The amount of stupid shit they complain about has gotten totally insane. I think what I dislike the most about them is how they profess all this crap in the name of righteousness and blah blah blah, but they're absolute pieces of shit. They don't accomplish anything. They just celebrate when they ruin someone's life, get someone banned from whatever outlet, etc. If that's where you get your satisfaction in life maybe you're not such a good person.

Also, they complain constantly about racist and sexist people, but they are by far the largest group of racists and sexists in the country at this point. You can use the excuse that X group of people were historically mean, or whatever you want, it doesn't make you sound any less like a prejudiced jackass. That aside, I'm just really mind boggled by their inability to think outside of their moronic narratives. I really wish people would stop apologizing to them every time they lose their shit. They don't give a fuck about an apology and it's not like the person they're mad at is really sorry anyway. They don't want apologies, they just want to see someone burn because they're fucking shitty people.

Also, the whole needing to be a victim in perpetuity is just weird beyond weird. Like the wage gap nonsense. It isn't true, but they want it to be true because being disenfranchised is like the epitome of moral goodness to them. But yeah, arguing with them is the most pointless thing ever because they're too stupid to say anything other than calling the person they're arguing with racist/sexist/privileged/etc.

I can't take Ben Shapiro seriously at all. I watched part of one of his videos where he was doing the typical whine about liberal entertainment and he was bitching about the tv show Friends, and how they were shoving their liberal agenda down people's throats. His issue was that Rachel got pregnant when she wasn't married and that is NOT ok. So, he just went on this really ridiculous rant about how the tv show was trying to tell people that that was ok. Shapiro is even bigger snowflake bitch than the snowflakes he complains about. His views are also clouded by his blind adherence to his religion.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think Shapiro wishes he was some 6’5” USMC badass, but we all know who he was in high school. And it was not a fun time for him.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I really, really enjoy watching Shapiro argue/debate a point... he is fucking smart and insanely quick... I just have an issue with some of his viewpoints.

I'd love to have him on a debate team where you're handed a viewpoint to defend, just not sure I can get behind the viewpoints he himself chooses to defend.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Hes a little too toe-the-line right wing for me, but I agree, hes pretty smart and is a hell of a debater. Probably one of the best since Buckley. I dont blame Alexandria Occasional Cortex for turning him down.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Milo went away because he was a novelty and the novelty wore off. In the end you just had a very confused gay man who talked like the people you mute on Xbox.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Who basically supported pedophilia. After that statement people had had enough, he got fired, then his life started to spiral.

You can only pull off the "sassy bitch" mode for as long as people give a shit about you.

Now he's in full-on depressed "whiny bitch" mode.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He can always go back to getting his asscrack packed with Alaskan cum. This is a guy who was funny at first but we all talked about how he had “fifteen minutes” written all over him. His “views” came at the right time and place, but got old quick like many fads. Not to mention over-the-line creepy.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His only claim to fame was arguing against hysterical feminists who were poor debaters in the first place. The novelty was watching the YouTube clips of him being sassy to cry babies. His attempts at getting more attention backfired with the pedo comment.

He can fuck off now.

10. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Steven Crowder melting down at Trigglypuff instead of introducing Yianopolis was gold, tho.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was probably the only time I didn’t want to gouge Crowder’s eyes out.

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

This is really how we're starting topics now? I'm looking forward to the next thread asking my when I stopped beating my wife.

Obviously loaded framing aside, this is absolutely nothing new. Clearly free speech has always had limits, particularly when it comes to private platforms that aren't protected by the Constitution. I wouldn't expect YouTube to willingly host ISIS recruitment videos, even if they technically followed their terms of service. This, to me, is not an issue of WHETHER certain types of speech should be removed from these platforms, it's WHICH videos rise to that level. I'm more interested in figuring out where the line is than whining about censorship.

13. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

This is exactly the mantra that led to the creation of Voat.

Have you been to Voat lately?

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Has anyone?

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should stop beating your wife then.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Why don't you suggest something then?

17. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Because my issue wasn't with the topic being discussed, I was simply finding a little bit of humor with the heavy-handed way in which it was framed.

Calm down, sugarplum.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, are you saying that far-right minority rule due to both unintentional and deliberate defects in our democratic process isn't the last step before full blown communism?

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I'm offended.

20. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

The people that hate the system the most and delight in the idea that it should be torn down completely never seem to have a great idea as to what should replace it. My problem with the left is that they compare the greatest civilization in the history of the world to some utopia that doesn’t exist. If we ripped apart our political and legal system completely, what should replace it?

And the problem with the ruling right is that they’re crazy. Both sides don’t care about debt, and neither side is as interested in governing as they are in winning some imaginary battle.

Peterson has a good point in one of his lectures- we have a clear historical record of red flags and cues when the right goes too far. We don’t have the same tracking history with the left. And I think right now the left is more oppressive to free speech than the right. How many people in academia, or media, or NGO work, or law feel comfortable announcing they’re conservative? The left are the ones staging rallies shouting down speakers trying to lecture. Even in this thread, left leaning members won’t even address the question, they simply drip with contempt at the notion there’s a difference of opinion. That’s the heart of the problem.