Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Inside The TiB Studio: What Is Your Favorite Word?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob4Broncos, May 23, 2011.

1. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Favorite (that's right, no 'u' you Canadians): maybe the word sweet? I just say it a lot, so, I guess it's my favorite. I can also include any of the Marine Corps motivation words like Oorah, yut, kill, devildog, or semper fi.

Least favorite: Epic. I fucking hate how everything in this world is now epic. Fuck that. The only things that are epic are the world's oceans, the grand canyon, and space. Fuck all these kids and their epic wins and epic fails and epic anything.

2. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going into the misuse realm, entitled.

It's used to mean someone who wrongly feels like they're owed something. But, if you're entitled, you are actually owed it.

3. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure why, but ever since it was on one of our vocabulary lists in high school I have been very fond of the word tantamount. Also, Quite has always been a favorite.

On the other hand, I'll second someone else's mention of Sneakers. Makes me think of dirty, high top Converse worn with jean shorts. I also can't stand Burlap. I associate it with poop and the smell of poop.

This one is just for Ballsack: I've always liked the word crunchy, as in "That sure was a crunchy jam!" while at a concert. Good stuff.

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am most definitely going to start throwing around the word moist a lot more than I already do just to see people cringe.

5. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Nearly forgot one of my all time favourite words. Grok

To grok is to intimately and completely share the same reality or line of thinking with another physical or conceptual entity. Author Robert A. Heinlein coined the term in his best-selling 1961 book Stranger in a Strange Land. In Heinlein's view, grokking is the intermingling of intelligence that necessarily affects both the observer and the observed. From the novel:

Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observed—to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and science—and it means as little to us (because of our Earthling assumptions) as color means to a blind man.

6. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a few favorite words at the moment: mellifluous, devotion, and profound.

Hate: loyalty and homie

7. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Sort of a strange combination but Twat and Tincture are probably my favorite words. I just like the way they sound.

8. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I recently discovered, while high, that I have a great fondness for the word 'loopy'. Say it out loud. Notice the way the tip of your tongue kind of rolls off the roof of your mouth? Now say it again with a perma-grin on your face. I defy anyone under the influence of marijuana to simply say 'loopy' and not enjoy the experience.

9. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Working on a blog post about how I wish the word 'Bukkake' meant something more appropiate in everyday language (I'm aware it's also a method of cooking noodles or something) because it's fun as shit to say. Like if it was some kind of black lingo or something that everyone else adopted and overused. Maybe a word for money or something, like, "he's rolling in bukkake"? I dunno, just spitting things out here.

Just say it a couple times...Boo-KAH-key. So much fun. It's like it travels from your lips down to the back of your throat.

What, what'd I say?

10. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cunt: no real explanation but I just love the word.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

my favorite word is befuddled, most of you are probably befuddled at what its definition could be.

I'm beginning to hate the word "thanks" due to my office. People here use it in place of bye, just to end conversation and/or any other form of sign-off. If I ask you a question, and you help me, you don't say thanks when one of us walks away. It gets used anytime someone gives me assignment, I turn in an assignment, anytime a meeting finishes, it is just used all the time.

12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good fer yew!

13. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Love tangential.

Hate reading colonel.

Love saying notwithstanding and haphazardly.

Love per se.

Hate the people who use ubiquitous.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Like: Vodka

Hate: Empty

Ok for real:

Like: Don't have any one single word. Weird thread. I think Frylock's on drugs.

Hate: Gem and arse (it's ass you ass).