Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Inside the TiB Studio: Aural Fixation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, May 24, 2011.

1. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

IN BEFORE ROB4BRONCOS HAHAHAHA TiBITCHES!

FOCUS 1: What sound or noise do you love?
    FOCUS 2: What sound or noise do you hate?

2. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Can your mom be my answer for both?

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus 1: The sound Frylock's sister makes as I beat her over the head with a shovel.

Focus 2: Her muffled screams for help when the neighbors stop by unexpectedly.

How you were able to put up with that during intercourse, I have no idea...

On a more serious note:

Sounds I love

• Waves on the shore. Bonus points for the stray seagull or two.
    • That sound a woman makes just before she comes, as if she just lost her breath.
    • I also find an eagle's screech to be pretty kickass
    • The silence that you can only find in the wilderness.

Sounds I hate

• Autotuned music
    • The buzz of my alarm clock in the morning
    • This bullshit.

4. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What sound or noise do you love?
    My father’s laughter
    What sound or noise do you hate?
    A crying baby. Not because it’s annoying, but because it breaks my heart.

5. example

example
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Love - the ocean on days when the waves are 6ft+
    Hate - you know that sound that you can make by slowly peeling your tongue off the roof of your mouth? that.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1 - Sizzling bacon in a pan, a crackling campfire, the weeping of the tormented and damned, a babbling brook rushing over smooth rocks . . . . only kidding about that last one.

2 - I once had this alarm clock with an incredibly annoying alarm that was a harsh, grinding buzz. The worst part was that shortly before the alarm went off, the clock would give off an ominous low hum that presaged the incredibly annoying alarm. After a while I would wake up when the hum started. Then I noticed that the flourescent lights at work made that same hum. I was like a 'Nam vet having flashbacks, twitches and all.

7. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Likes: I really like the sounds of clocks ticking. I have one in my room purely for the sound. I find it very calming. I also love the sound of the creaking of a saddle. I haven't been on a horse in, oh, ten years, but whenever I think about it that's the first thing I remember. Similarly, I like the sound of walking on old wooden floorboards. I also love the sound of turning pages in a magazine, and rifling through drawers. I like the sound of a summer day (it has one), and of pouring a drink into a glass with ice cubes in it. I also like the sound of eating an apple. If they needed commercials for apples, they should just play a recording of someone eating one because it's the most effective marketing ever. Sometimes I really like the sound of typing, and other times I hate it.

Hates: I find repetitive sounds incredibly grating, and yes I know that the sound of a ticking clock is the most repetitive sound ever but it's different. Things like clicking pens, when someone keeps clearing their throat, a leaky faucet, when someone keeps saying the same phrase or word over and over (part of why I can't stand "like" and "um"ers)...that's all I can think of right now. I also hate the sound of people scratching themselves. *Shudder.* I'm aware this is going to make me sound terrible, but I hate the sound of children. I hate when they're crying, their laughing is usually obnoxious, and I hate how their philosophy is "Why would you just say something WHEN YOU CAN SCREAM IT?!?!?!?!" (I live across from a middle school and playground, so I think I've earned this hate.) Speaking of the school, they are currently during construction on their yard to put a track in, and for some reason they need the generator to be run for a couple hours at a time at all times, including late at night. The generator noise goes into the background after a while, but the sound of it starting up again makes me physically react with disgust.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I love the sound that stir-fries and related foodstuff make.

I absolutely can't stand dry rubbing sounds -- like cardboard on cardboard. It's almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard for me. It makes me literally cringe and want to beat something. I would rather work in a sausage factory than making boxes for the USPS.

9. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds you love: A steady rain, a small stream, and in the woods when it's snowing.

Sounds you hate: That sound people make when they breath out like they are annoyed, huuuhhhhh. When people chew with their mouths open or slurp hot coffee.

10. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds I love
    - Laughing babies
    - Thunderstorms. Not the actual thunder, but the sound of the rain mixed with the wind rushing through the trees.

Sounds I hate
    - "Hmmmmmmmm" and "Uhhhhhh". The more drawn-out the sound, the more time I spend thinking about going American psycho on a bitch.
    - The "ch-ching" of an old-school cash register.
    - The sound any dog makes while licking itself.

11. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FOCUS 1: What sound or noise do you love?
    Piano, violin, my son's laughter, a big block V8 being revved, a woman panting for air while I'm fucking her, the pages of a book being turned, bears growling, brass shell casings hitting concrete, when a woman calls me "Papi", rain hitting the ground

FOCUS 2: What sound or noise do you hate?[/quote]
    Burping and the "crunch" of apples (gives me goosebumps)

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Love: rain on a tin/copper roof.

Hate: a mouse/squirrel rustling/moving in my wall.

13. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus 1:I love the sound of Banjos, or to be even broader, live music. Blow my ear drums out please, just let me hear the music. I also am learning to appreciate the sounds of a quiet conversation. I spend a lot of time alone at work, and when I do see people everyone is shouting because the rig is so damned loud.
    Focus 2:I cannot stand the sound of people snoring. It drives me up a fucking wall.

14. heideman

heideman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Love: Rain on a roof and fans

Hate: When someone shakes some shit making a fuck ton of noise...found this out with my roommate shaking a nearly empty container of parmesan cheese, you know when it's down to only about 3 huge chunks..you know what I mean.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Love: crickets, slowly crisping bacon, the sound of my Mustang firing up, mimes farting

Hate: Styrofoam, anything to do with Styrofoam. If I hear two pieces rubbing together I feel like my skin is going to melt off.

16. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Love The sound of nothing man-made, being out in the woods or the dessert. A pack of coyotes. The roar of a radial engine, the deep rumble of a beautiful car.

Hate People who chew with their mouth open. Ignorant people talking or screaming at their kids- their kids.

17. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Love: Any kind of water (rain, waves, shower etc), cats purring, wind in the trees, vacuum cleaners and hair dryers.

Hate: Eating. Any sort of eating sound drives me up the fucking walls.

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

LOVE:

Tibetan singing bowls
    Rain on a metal roof
    The low moaning my girlfriend makes right before she cums

HATE:

I second the styrofoam squelch
    People eating with their mouths open
    The high pitched squeal that some children seem to emit when anything is happening that isn't sleep

19. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Love the sound of a wet nutsack slapping against taint during sloppy, dirty, drunken sex.

Hate the sound of anything involving disgusting people eating in disgusting ways.

20. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Love: rain, my cat yawning, the ding of an elevator, the splash made jumping into a pool

hate: eating, screeching of tires, the sound people (usually women) make when something really terrible has happened....a scream, cry or just the inflection of total panic in their voice.