Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Insecurities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pincinelly, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate my fucking hair but I don't really stress about it. If I have any over 3/4ths and inch Ill just gel it, but I don't spend more than 30 seconds "styling" it. The best was just no guard buzzing it really. No worries at all with a buzz except everyone claims potential employers aren't looking to hire skinheads.

My nose is kind of at an off angle and if I actually want a picture to look good, to me at least, I cock my head in angle that'll make it not look asymmetrical. It's really a crap shoot if candid shots come out looking alright.

I guess my biggest insecurity, ie the one I burn the most calories over (ahahahahahahahaaha), is my beer gut. Im 5'5 and 180, which is the most Ive ever weighed. Still with a medium shirt on you'd never know I had one. I lift quite frequently but don't put in the cardio or diet needed to shave off the gut and get that mega-ripped six pack. I was down to 148 a two years ago when I did have my workout/diet in order I still wasn't close to being cut. It's weird because different pants seem to fit differently even though theyre the same size. I wear 32 and if I put one on and they are tight I feel like a fat ass the entire day.

2. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

My god damn eyebrows. Because of my race, I'm a pretty hairy guy in general. Luckily I'm not hairy in the instant turn-off spots like backhair. However, my eyebrows are fucking enormous. I would have a slight unibrow too if I didn't take care of it. The problem is, I'm so damn self-conscious of how big my eyebrows are getting, how often I should pluck the middle, and how often I should trim them down in general. The really tough part is when I go to take care of them, I am deathly afraid of making it seem like I do my eyebrows. The whole process of taming them while making sure they look natural creates a lot of insecurity. I'm always wondering if other people can tell I fixed up my eyebrows, and once or twice I've had a slip up and made a really obvious mistake that made me self-conscious for days on end.

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was a kid I used to hate the red hair but now I think the ranga jokes are hilarious. I hate the acne I get on my shoulders during the hot season here, I never used to get pimples when I lived down south and whenever I get one I have to kill it.

4. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bad skin in general. Due to stretching to 6'1 by the time I was 13 (only 6'3 or 6'4 now), my back is basically one big stretch mark. I didn't have acne for a while, but it has sprung up again. It's just plain annoying. I'm very pale, but that doesn't bother me much, besides forcing me to dress like a Mormon to avoid cancer/blinding others. Oh, I'm also annoyingly chubby and terrible at gaining muscle. I'm probably between 200-220 lbs currently, and it tends to stick around my belly. My teeth are pretty straight now, thanks to years of orthodontia, but I'm always comparing their color with the white of my eyes, which leaves me wanting.
    Oh, and tall folks, what distance/angle do you guys use when talking to short people? I haven't quite figured out how to talk to short folks when standing without looming/looking like an ogre or Sasquatch.

Oh, and my hair turns a bit reddish in summer, not to mention the constant copper-tone of any facial hair grown. I don't think it's terribly flattering.

5. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For me, I have two glaring securities. One I can help, one I simply can't.

My weight:

I don't consider myself FAT by any means, but right now I'm 6'1 and 220 pounds. Before radio I was 190 soaking wet - I always had some ponch, but I could wear a size 32 pair of Jeans and Medium t-shirts and not think twice. I hate the fact that I've put on 30 pounds in the past four years, but when you get drunk virtually every weekend, and eat lots of junk-food, it's going to happen. It's definitely to the point where I'm uncomfortable taking my shirt off in a public place. Exercise is not a problem. I can run 7 K and be fine, but once the weekend hits, I simply enjoy my current life-style too much to really change. Other contributing factors include: A lack of sleep (I start work at 5 AM every weekday), and shitty weather for five months of the year. I don't mind the gym, but given the choice I'd way rather exercise without having to pay $40 a month for it. Plus when it's -30 degrees, the last thing I want to do is drive my ass to the gym in the thick of winter.

I guess it all comes down to how badly I want it. Lately I've stopped eating Tim Horton's breakfast, and I have been diligently eating veggies with my lunch and supper for the past two-three months - But I haven't been very consistent with my running, and the situation with my Mom has me really stressed out to the point where sometimes after work, all I want to do is eat lunch and then sleep for three hours.

My Lazy Eye:

I was born with an eye condition called Congenital Ocular Fibrosis - A rare condition which affects one in every *high millions* of people in the world. The muscles in my right eye are useless, to the point where I can barely move my eye at all. My vision is fine, but my right eye is permanently drifted to the right, and the only way I can cope with the condition is to tilt my head slightly to the left and adjust my left eye accordingly. As a youth I had two different surgeries, but both were unsuccessful. My family, girlfriend, friends and co-workers don't even notice it anymore, but when I meet new people, I almost always have to field questions about my condition. It's the worst around kids. Kids are so fucking honest, and they'll always give me a weird look and then ask, "What's wrong with your eye?" On the surface, I am really good at laughing it off and simply explaining myself, but deep down it pisses me off to no-end.

So far the condition has not held me back in any way. I can drive, play any and all sports at an above average level and it has not hindered my career progress at all.

Socially I've always been able to cope really well. I've had more than my share of hookups and girlfriends, and my buddies don't even aknowledge the condition anymore.

But I strongly fear that one day when applying for a major-market radio or television job that I won't get hired because of my condition. I know I have the talent, the voice and the work ethic, but it could all be moot if a producer doesn't want to have a sports host with a lazy-eye on the camera.

I've constantly been reassured that the condition is hardly noticeable once people spend more than five minutes with me, and my attitude has been, "Fuck them. They'll hire me for my skills." But deep down, if I ever get turned down for a job, I'll always wonder if it was because of the condition.

And in response to the inevitable rep questions: The muscles in my right eye are virtually un-fixable. I've looked into other surgery options, but at this point in life (age 25) the risk of further damage would greatly outweigh the 'potential' positives.

6. Suit Jacket

Suit Jacket
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

When I was in high school, a friend was stretching next to me before practice. She looked up and my ear was basically right in front of her. She exclaimed that it was the most earwax she had ever seen.

I have q-tipped my ears every day since.

7. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My upper body strength has been a bother to me over the years, I've got into a lot better shape recently, but I still struggle with putting up a good amount of weight. This is why I rarely go for bench presses when working out, I don't have the cajones to try and match what other guys can put up. Scrawny arms do not balance things out when the rest of your body is pretty toned.

Also, my teeth. I had an over bite when I was younger and wore the wire spacers in my mouth for a while. It helped, but not entirely. I also have a few off centered teeth in front, which makes me extremely fucking camera shy.

8. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I used to be insecure about the usual; big ears, being tall and skinny, but most of all it is the Pectus Excavatum and the surgery scar that goes along with it. While not being very pronounced I still still think about it especially when I go shirtless. However since dealing with these issues I no longer avoid the issue and just go with it.

Power to change what you can people.

9. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm really self conscious about my eye brows. I've been told by a lot of guys that as long as there are two of them, it's not a big deal, but I seriously feel like I can feel them growing. I'm constantly pulling at them in an attempt to thin them out, but no amount of waxing, tweezing, and cutting can satisfy me.

10. fishysticks

fishysticks
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Baby weight. I lost weight pretty quickly and easily after my 1st, but after the 2nd it's not so simple. I blame Depo, but regardless, I feel disgusting all the time. Especially in warm weather where people show skin. I just feel fat and bloated constantly, even though I work out 5 days a week. Everything I wear I question. Never had to deal with this before, maybe it makes me vain- but it's unnerving to me.

11. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Things I probably should be insecure about, if this thread is anything to go by:
    • Receding hairline
    • Big, somewhat broken nose
    • Don't look like an adonis
    • Wacky body hair

None of these bother me though. I have BIGGER insecurities. I fear that every single person I encounter will think I am an idiot, yet I suffer some form of social paralysis when I meet people for the first time where the only roles I can play are either the idiot or the mute. As I get older, I worry that my fear of reaching outside my comfort zone will only result in that zone shrinking until I cannot summon the strength to get out of bed in the morning.

12. Denver

Denver
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Paleness - I have very light brown hair (almost red, and my facial hair is pretty gingery) and have rather fair skin. However, luckily I can get a bit tan if I force myself to get a lot of sun, but it takes a lot of time, and I always burn first, then peel, then tan if I'm lucky. As a dude it's hard for me to justify going tanning and I don't wanna be seen laying out, but my schedule doesn't really permit me to just hang around outside doing normal "fun in the sun" activities.

This has become particularly relevant lately, as my paleness is really noticeable when I'm with my girlfriend. I'm a bit over 6' and pale as hell and she's 5'3" and Indian so I look completely ridiculous next to her.

Awkwardness - Partly due to being tall and lanky, and often being shy around strangers, a lot of time I come off as awkward. Very awkward. I won't know what to do with my hands, where to look, what I should say, etc. Unless I'm having a really good day and feeling supremely confident, all my other insecurities (acne, teeth, etc.) funnel together to make me phenomenally awkward. This is why if I'm at a party where I'm interacting with new people, I often feel that I need to have a few beers at least to take some of the awkwardness away and make me more talkative. I'd be afraid this would make me an alcoholic but I don't party enough for this to really be a problem. Oh well.

13. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My weight - yeah call me a fatass, I don't care. I've been very insecure about it since around Grade 6, for quite a while I went through periods where I would starve quite a bit (I was emo back then), and to this very day I try to only eat one meal a day, but I've finally realized that's hurting my body in the long run more than anything else.

My looks - I absolutely hate being called my dad or "you look so much like your dad", it's not a compliment.

14. Bod

Bod
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

My biggest insecurity is blushing, and I’m not just talking flushed cheeks. It started in high school, I’m now 26 and it hasn’t abated one bit. It doesn’t matter the situation, who I am talking to, or what I am talking about (I blush in front of my family talking about the most mundane things.) Half the time I don’t even realise I am doing it, until someone points it out, and then it only gets worse and there is no way to stop it unless I leave the conversation.

15. XAM

XAM
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm insecure about my prowess as a lover.

Usually when I'm having sex with women it goes a bit like this:

-How can you be like that Xam?

-Like what?

-I mean .. We've .. just .. done nothing but talked .. and I'm soaking wet. No man can make me feel like that.

-Shh .. let's not talk

Then I apparently bring her to several orgasms with my tongue and fingers, and she apparently gets another while I'm doing her from behind, pulling her hair and calling her names

... but even though she's quivering in her post orgasmic state and babbling all kinds of stupid shit and is about to start cleaning my room and make me a sandwich .. I doubt if she's only pretending to enjoy it in to please me. IE faking her orgasms.

It's really fucking annoying. I feel insecure in my ability to please a woman sexually. The issue of course stems from deep psychological issues that don't pertain to this board, but fuck me .. It's always there in the back of my head. It's always been there, with every girl friend I've had. No matter how wet and excited she appears to be, I've got this fucking nagging voice inside of my head saying that she's faking it.

(EDIT: not during the act, then i feel like a king, but after wards the endless and pointless second guessing begins)

But now I've gotten to the point where I just don't care about not being able to please women in bed, I just do my thing .. but I feel less and less like actually having sex, because it causes self loathing in me.

I've never brought it up with any woman I've been with though. I've never asked "baby, does that feel good?" ... I've just bitten my lip and kept on fucking, and trusted that if they moan and act like they're in heaven it must be good, right?

Apparently when they say that they'll leave their boyfriend for you while you're fucking them, they don't really mean it. None of them did.

I feel used.

Actually this was just a needlessly long preface I had to have in order to say that I feel insecure about myself as a person. I feel like all I'm good for is sex, and nothing else. "Baby .. you make things so complicated" .. "Let's just keep this light and fun .. and temporary" .. "You're a great guy, but I can't date anyone right now because [insert crappy excuse for the n'th time]"

So basically always when a woman approaches me I feel like the only thing they want from me is sex and they don't care about me as a person, and that makes me feel objectified, insecure and displaced.

16. DanD

DanD
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I run a lot and I have lost a good amount of weight in the last two years. I feel that I am in the best shape of my life. but no matter how well I feel physically I will always be short (5'6") and I will always have a very asymmetrical face; if you look up from my chin to my forehead you notice that my nose and mouth are crooked to the left. Studies have shown that attractive people have very symmetrical faces and this bothers me to no end. The height thing is self-explanatory.

17. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to be a woman.

But, I know I'd make an ugly woman. I think I'm a (slightly) above average looking guy, which is a much better fate than being an ugly woman.

And hey! ...This isn't the weekend drunk thread...shit...

Also, I've spotted a few gray hairs in the last few months. I'm 25. This sucks.

And while we're at it, I can't grow a beard. If I let it go, it'll get to maybe half an inch, and no further, and it's very patchy. But, my facial hair is a mix of blonde, brown and black, which I think it pretty cool. I'm a calico. Though, the blonde makes my facial hair look even patchier.

18. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have the dreaded neck beard. Other than that fuck everyone else and what they think.

19. 31stday

31stday
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Holy shit I wish I had your guys' insecurities.

I have moles all over my body, not really big ones, but I have one large noticeable one on my neck and I just hate taking off my shirt because of it.

I have black eyebrows but relatively light blonde hair which leads to a bad combination there.

I have no definition in my arms and I look like a weak asshole and really lowers my ability to intimidate others.

I'm also only like 5'7 or 5'8 which is just awful. Along with this I have small feet, small hands, but relatively large nose. My dick is average though I guess?

I also have no ass. I've sat on girls laps because there's been no space and they tell me to get off of them because my ass is too boney. Fuck them.

I honestly don't know how some women find me attractive.

20. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have all kinds of Insecurities because of my 5 heart surgeries. The biggest one for me though is the fact I only have 1 nut. I had a blood clot after 1 of my surgeries and I ended up loosing it. That gives me all kinds of confidence.