Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Inexplicable Things That I Need to Stop Doing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MoreCowbell, Apr 5, 2010.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a disturbingly high number of things that I know I will not enjoy....but do anyway. And this statement is not just limited to Hot Pockets and fat chicks.

For example, I insist on clicking on links and videos on the Internet that I know I will immediately regret seeing. I usually even know this at the time. Sometimes there's even titles alerting me to the fact that I will not enjoy this...

And then I click it anyway.

Like when Andrew Bogut of the Milwaukee Bucks turned his arm into silly putty.

Seriously, you don't want to watch that video....but we all know you will anyway.

FOCUS: What habits do you have that you are inexplicably unable to discontinue?

#1 MoreCowbell, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I text and say things I know I will regret before I send it or say it. I know this, yet I still make those stupid ass mistakes that causes me a lot of pain later on.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I drink a lot of bourbon knowing I will hate myself and the rest of the world the next day, yet I pour, pour, away.

4. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've agreed to go on a date with everyone who has ever asked me in person. It's like I never learned how to say no, and I always regret it later.

This is a very stupid thing I'm trying currently to fix.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For some reason, I routinely make arguments that I can see the flaws in even before I say them out loud.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ditto. Especially if you only realize it half way through, but the sunk-cost effect leads you to think "Well, I've already started taking this position..."

GOD FORBID I SHOULD NEED TO ADMIT THAT I WAS MISTAKEN, FOR SURELY THIS WOULD SPELL CALAMITY!

7. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Smoking.

I'll be sat around watching a film or a TV program and a character lights up a smoke and I think, 'mmm that looks nice' and go and buy a packet.

It's never enjoyable.

8. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I bite my nails. I have for as long as I can remember, and I can't stop. I bite them dangerously low. I've made my fingers bleed countless times from biting them so deep.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Reading certain members posts.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Snacking. If you only looked at my 3 meals a day you'd think Id be in better shape. Living at home has not been helpful on my diet despite this. When I lived by myself I only bought enough for myself, now I have access to a lot more food all the time. Which means I snack like a motherfucker and it sabotages any results I would have from working out. I snack on everything, left overs, cheese, microwave chicken nuggets, etc.

Caffeine, I don't drink any on days that I do my leg workouts, but the other five days a week I down so much coffee it's terrible. I get withdrawal on days that I don't, headaches and sluggishness. I also think being dehydrated by coffee leads me to snack a shit tone more than I would otherwise. Even with I do drink bottles of water to compensate for this I still feel hungrier than I would normally.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Ok stop the train for a second. I assumed you were joking. You're serious? And why the fuck would you tell people that? Oh Sack, I always knew you were a freak but Jesus Christ why the fuck would anyone do that when there are clippers? Unless you're 9 months old, it's not acceptable. And you wonder why you're single? I cannot imagine why, you're such a catch ya know.

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a cousin who did that. The jury is still out on her IQ.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

You see that you just compared something you do on the reg to rimjobs, right? And yes it is "so repulsive" and abnormal and just fucking weird.

Actually considering who it is I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. And per your rep, no you don't turn me on and now I'll never go out to dinner with you! No wonder you have to pay hookers with cash and blow to get any action. Maybe MoreCowbell can hook you up with his cousin instead. You could bite each others during foreplay. I'm brilliant.

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Might want to wait a year or two on that, for legal reasons. Unless he's into that sort of thing. In which case I have Chris Hansen on speed dial.

15. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am able to do this weird (to me, at least) thing with my right foot where, if I slowly bring it up with tension, then rotate it left, the outside of my right ankle pops. For some reason, it's very satisfying, especially when I've been sitting down for some time.

Also, I can make both my right and left knees pop. All I have to do is be standing, and if the timing is right, all I have to do is bring my leg up with my heel going towards my ass, and the knee will pop.

My doctor said the knee thing is "normal" but I always forget to bring up the ankle thing with him. I don't think I should continue either, but they are like a damn drug.

16. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When I've got a bad drunk going, I tend to talk about/hit on other guys' girlfriends. It's just innocuous compliments, I swear, but someday I just know I'm going to cross a line and get my ass handed to me.

17. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ, I do this too. It has something to do with the "Thou MUST be polite" mantra drilled into little girls from birth. I almost feel like it would be....rude....to say no. And really, it's not. And even if 'no' was the rudest thing I could say--there are worse fates than rudeness. But every fucking time, I say yes. And then I sit across from young men who enthusiastically talk about their undying love for Dale Earnhardt Jr. for four hours while I nod politely and give tired smiles every time they pause to assess my interest level. And then I go home and swear to myself that I'll grow some balls and never ever do that again....until, of course, I do it again.

It's just that they put you on the spot, you know? And you're just trying to find something nice to read at Barnes & Noble, and you think that maybe they like to read the same things you like to read because they're talking to you about the book in your hand, and you're just beginning to mentally chastise yourself for judging this weird smelly guy as someone who couldn't possibly like Alison Weir's opinions on the Queen Elizabeth/Robert Dudley romance (I mean, QE fans come in all shapes and sizes Ms. Judgey McJudgerson!)...... and then they spring the whole "I'd love to discuss this over dinner with you sometime, are you free anytime this next week?" shit on you. And then you squeak out a "Erm, yes, I am..." while kicking yourself in the crotch for being a fucking pushover.

This should've been a Rant, I think.

18. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Don't fret, Ballsack, she's just lying to hide her vulnerabilities. She doesn't want to let out the long held secret that the fastest way to turn a woman on and cause her to jump you and ravage you senseless is to have athlete's foot-flavored kisses. A woman's nose and tongue are wired directly to their loins, and that's why so many women involuntarily hump the air when you shove rancid meat in their faces, and can't help but make out with a man who knows how to exude the manly stench of dominance from his pores.

Wanna get laid, Ballsack? First, slice a large onion in half and rub the exposed rings under your armpits. Then crush a few cloves of garlic and drop them into your blazer. Go to Shegirl's house, neatly take off your clothes and fold them on the sidewalk. Then knock over her trashcans and roll around in the glorious debris. Put your blazer back on and your tie, but don't bother with anything else, and don't bother buttoning up the blazer, since you'll just be ripping it off again in a minute. Walk up to her front door with a large hunk of bleu cheese, knock sensuously on her door, and take a huge mouthful of cheese as she answers.

"Mmmmfffk mmmffkk mmm?" You'll ask her, as you erotically spray her with crumblets of moldy cheese. Be sure to punctuate this statement with some vulgar thrusts to illustrate the incredible floppy masculinity you possess.

I personally guarantee she will shatter your pelvis with the sheer force of the ensuing moments of primal behavior.

Focus: I have a bad habit of becoming absolutely enraptured by new information. This is very useful in that it diversifies my knowledge, but it means that wikipedia binges, left unchecked, can last for days.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I asked out a girl I was into in highschool. Gorgeous little brunette with an amazing voice. She said yes, and I was pretty stoked. We went to see Titanic, and even with the three hours of makes-highschool-girls-wet romantic movie, she backed away from the goodnight kiss, let me peck her cheek instead (which any guy knows, makes you want to crawl inside a hole and die).

Come to find out the next day, she has a boyfriend at another school. Trust me, it's more polite to be upfront and honest with a no.

Someone said smoking, and I guess I agree/disagree. I know it's bad for me. I know I should probably quit. But it's been 15 years since I started and I don't know if I have the willpower anymore.

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I crack jokes all the time and they're either - a horrible pun or in horrendously bad taste.

I make the horrible pun jokes because if someone laughs, it usually means we'd get along.

Similar to the ones in bad taste, but I have an urge to crack the most offensive jokes (aside from racism and rape) because if I don't, someone else will. I can't have a no talent hack stealing my Teri Schaivo, Haitian, or still birth jokes.