Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'm just holding these Bieber tickets for a 'friend'...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Jul 9, 2012.

1. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kenny Chesney, it probably sucked because it was a combination of pop and country. It was a blind date that was pretty damn boring, back in 2001. I was still impressed with the fashion choices, no way I'd wear jeans with a seam so deep up my ass it could double as a fucking thong.

2. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Hole. A hot girl gave me a ticket on the condition that I stand behind her in the mosh pit. I took ear plugs, they didn't help. I could still hear the crap that was playing, and they did NOTHING to filter my eyes from looking up at stage and seeing straight up Courtney Love's skirt to see a the bruised and scabbed meat curtains around an abyssal pit of loathing and despair that I can only assume was her vagina.

You can't drink that kind of visual away.

3. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does No Doubt count if it was the Tragic Kingdom tour? I enjoyed that album a lot when I was 11, and I don't want to listen to it now to see if I had horrible taste.

If not them, then I will have to second NSYNC. Brittany Spears opened for them. I had my mom's minivan decorated with window paint to announce to the world that we were going to see NSYNC and seats so close I got to touch Justin Timberlake's hand during "Drive Myself Crazy." While I will admit this is an embarrassing concert to have gone to, I will not apologize for being obsessed with NSYNC when I was 13.

4. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

T-Pain, when he came to my school, because my friends were going. I even bought a T-shirt. I was young(er) and stupid(er).

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Amy Grant. It was 1994. Worst. Concert. Ever.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Elton John, with the ex-fiance.

It was terrible too. His voice was all hoarse, like he had a sore throat, or something . . . .hmmmmm. Just sounding worse and worse, isn't it?

7. Eastcoaster

Eastcoaster
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Year: 2000
    My age: 23
    Performers: Destiny's Child opened for Christina Aguilera.

I had just moved from small town Canada. This was my first big concert. 98% of the crowd were 14 year and younger girls. Why they had the bar open I dont know, but the guy working it liked hockey and gave us free beer all night, as long as we talked about how shitty the Lightning were.

8. Bebe

Bebe
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I went to a Ratt/Poison concert in 2007 to look out for my little sister and her friends. Why the hell a group of 16 year olds wanted to see shitty 80's bands is beyond me. I really didn't think it could get any worse until the fat rednecks who were standing next to me started fucking. I didn't realize what was happening until her saggy tit started pressing into my arm everytime Billy Ray thrust into her. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure that was the worst moment of my life.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So what's embarrassing about this? I thought Willie Nelson was supposed to be the man? Or was it the show you attended was a fucking hippyfest?

During his time he was doing play by play and color commentary for the Oakland A's?

Focus: Thank GOD we never went through with it but my buddies and I had planned to go to a Britney Spears concert a few months after she broke. Our line of thinking went as followed, girls like Britney Spears, some girls are hot, at some point we'd like to have sex with them, also Britney Spears is hot so at least we could look her in real life. She was playing the amphitheater connected to Kings Island and being on summer break in middle school means we were at KI 5 days a week. We could just walk right over! But plans fell through. It would have made a good addition to this thread but that would have been the only positive in my life thus far for having attended.

Besides that I guess most embarrassing would be a few of the shitty metal bands that are only good when you are a pre teen with too much steam to blow off or just a powerful hick. My first concert was a PowerMann 5000/Static X concert, second was Static X/Dope concert. I can still listen to Powermann (except everything they did after their break out album sucked balls), but god damn Static X is terrible, Dope fucking blows, Chevelle opened for them and they turned out alright. Now I just see people that look like people who'd listen to them and laugh, mostly the people you'd think would are Juggalos, just without the makeup. Also, one of my long time friends and roommates tried talking me into going to see Kottonmouth Kings a few times, they aren't bad but fuck if they aren't part of Psychopathic Records.

10. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Enrique Iglesias

11. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Were you hanging out with Gaddafi's sons?

Focus-

I had some shitty tastes in music when I was 13-14 years old. While I can still tolerate bands like Adema and Korn to this day, I also listened to concerts featuring Pennywise and (shudder) Linkin Park.

I had a really good time, but at that concert, I came to the sudden realization that all their songs sound the exact same...

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have actually now seen Willie Nelson twice, the most recent being at Farm Aid last year (I was there for Neil Young). I am not opposed to Willie Nelson, but just not my typical kind of music. I just never thought that the closest I would ever come to being trampled in a crowd would be at Willie Nelson.

And I love Elton John, the fact that this is a humiliating concert breaks my heart a little bit, I am not going to lie.

13. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents dragged me to Michael Bolton with them when I was younger. Except we never made it in because I was playing on the car, fell off and re-broke my collarbone. I was still in a sling from the previous one.

Hands down - Warped Tour 2006. Featuring such groundbreaking bands as Anti-Flag, NOFX, Yellowcard, and a bunch of other shitty pop punk bands whose names I can't remember. Oh, and there was the Linkin Park Live CD/DVD set I was thrilled to get for my 14th birthday, which was in all honesty terrible. Fuck what anyone says though, Chester Bennington had vocal talent and as formulaic and emo as they were (are?) their first two albums are alright to listen to on rare occasion.

Then again, when I was 12 years old my favorite CDs were the Backstreet Boys' eponymous album and Shania Twain's Come On Over. Fuck that hurts to even type. This is still a badass song though.

14. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

A lot of these are breaking my heart that they're considered embarrassing. Yeah, maybe for any male poster it would be shameful, but if I had gotten to see NYSNC in concert I would still be bragging about that every day.

I'm not embarrassed of any of the concerts I've been to either. It's a pretty good list. The only one that's kind of the odd one out is I saw Train because they were playing at a nearby college and the tickets were, like $10 and my dad bought them first and asked me if I wanted to go after the fact. Whatever. No shame. "Drops of Jupiter" 4ever.

But, not that the concert itself was too shameful, but for me personally I was a little bit out of place at the Ghostface Killah concert I went to with dubyu tee eff a few weeks ago.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Back in 2000 I saw Sevendust with Dope and Chevelle as opening acts in Kitchener. Because Sevendust was so little-known in Canada, it was a 250-person bar as the venue. Sevendust was a great live show, Chevelle I remember was good for a band with no label yet, but Dope....FUCK I wanted them to die, these Korn/Marilym Manson wannabe fucks. I was the first person in line for the show so I was front and centre against the barrier of the stage (where you get kicked in the back of the head A LOT), and the fucking lead singer of Dope was thrashing me with his rancid whiteguy dreadlocks every five seconds during their set. This guy looks like he's dying of AIDS and Jenna Haze used to beg to fuck HIM!?!?!??!?! I wanted to punch him in the face SO BAD but I didn't want to get tossed before the headliner who I drove 60 miles to see. Dope did this rendition of "Fuck tha Police" that made baby Jesus cry tears thick, black blood. Abortions galore.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to see the Hoodoo Gurus. Since none of you know who that is, that's not too bad. But, they opened for the Bangels. I was with two other dudes - after two songs we were like, "Okay, I've seen Susanna Hoffs. Not impressed. We can leave." So, yeah . . . the Bangels. I was 17 or 18.

I also saw Justin Timberlake live, but he was sandwiched in amongst The Guess Who, Rush, AC/DC and The Rolling Stones, so I think that's okay. <cough, cough> He was good. <cough, cough>

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen Elton John 4 times and every time was great. He puts on a great show.

I just remembered seeing Culture Club. The mushrooms though made it seem like I was in a cartoon.

18. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My first concert was Black Eyed Peas - the Elephunk tour. It was very disappointing to my 14 year old self and continues to disappoint me today because of my lapse in judgement.

I agree with Audrey, I would be overwhelmingly proud if I'd ever had the chance to see N*SYNC. Angel, it's nothing to be embarrassed about at all.

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One time I watched Coolio sing Gangsta's Paradise on top of a lunch table inside a college cafeteria to a bunch of white kids who probably went to prep school. That made me feel embarrassed on his behalf.

20. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Back in 2005 I saw Papa Roach, who were completely overshadowed by one of their openers: Skindred. Oh, you've never heard of Skindred before? Exactly.